Free to Play: 20 Twinking and You

Zuty said:
Alright, in the process of download right now. So how do you all communicate without a guild? Is there like a large raid of players so they can all talk or are you just using Vent/TI?

~Zuty

This forum, though the old 49qlist would probably work wonders for this bracket.

Gorillamode said:
This forum, though the old 49qlist would probably work wonders for this bracket.

Okay. I really wish joining guilds worked but you could only talk in the guild; I just hate not being a guild.

Now I just have the issue of having to many games to play right now ... @_@

~Zuty

um ty though that has already been confirmed. Just wondering how many players would help me start up a freetoplay twinking bracket at lvl 14-19?

pereith said:
The only problem is the friends list is limited to 50 people. If we get that many I could have the addon save a longer list to a text file when it exits, and then keep adding/removing people to/from the friends list as they log in and out (with a delay, in case they're just swapping to an alt for a sec).

It'd help a bit for chat in game and assembling groups, but I think xfire/vent would be a better solution in the long term.

It would be awesome to have both, text file and removing friends so you will have all stored somewhere. I already have full friends list and just remove the ones who have been unactive more than 4-7 days. Would love to see this soon.

Thanks!

pereith said:
The only problem is the friends list is limited to 50 people. If we get that many I could have the addon save a longer list to a text file when it exits, and then keep adding/removing people to/from the friends list as they log in and out (with a delay, in case they're just swapping to an alt for a sec).

It'd help a bit for chat in game and assembling groups, but I think xfire/vent would be a better solution in the long term.

I have 61 people on my friend list, bug on trial accounts?

pereith, if there's indeed no limitations on flist this addon could be a permanent thing. Would you mind making an interface for it - with buttons etc to click? Would make things so much smoother. I like the initiative though, THANKS. I'll add it to the sticky thread I made about friend lists.

Best regards,

Edit:

Pereith, add a "check" on friend list, if people are already on there - if so, don't try and add it. otherwise you g et "already your friend" spam when it tries to add - which seems unnecessary! :)

Also I was thinking. Back in Vanilla there was some people that made a "chat addon" that could communicate between horde and alliance if both had the addon. It was banned the addon, but undetectable if used in-game. You think it would be possible to make an addon with a chatwindow, just to chat to other f2p twinks on the same faction. I doubt it would be anything blizzard would ever discover - at least if we made sure to keep it on twinkinfo only.

That would be really beneficial to the community.

Double edit: This addon gives lags when selecting people and sometimes casting spells. I've seen this happen if you got outdated addons such as Xperl. I'm going to turn off this addon until it's fixed.

Thanks.

I got the 50 from reading a load of posts about addons, where somone mentioned that the ignore list had been expanded to 50 to match the friends list. I did see one mention of the friends list being extended to 100 with 4.1, but couldn't find any mention of it in Bliz's patch notes, or anywhere else.

At the moment there's no need for an interface, as there's no options to change. I can add some slash commands to turn messages on and off, or disable the addon temporarily.

The program is already checking if people are in the friends list. The messages in white are from when it checks against it's own copy of the friends list, which it makes when it starts up, to save having to read the in game one every time a check needs to be made. I've turned it off for the new version (will add a slash command to toggle messages).

The only way it could be causing lag is in the unlikely event that another addon you had was also using the variable names 'f_num', 'channelnum' or 'channel_member'. I made them all local so they can't be shared between addons any more.

I'm making a thread for the addon and pointing the original to it, because it's a PITA logging into my old account (pereith) to make changes to the original post.

My Horde F2P Yost is now level 20.

Making an Ally now, her name is Rashnuu.

~Zuty

How active is the 20 bracket, and how many people are rolling 24's and ruining it out of curiosity?

:p started my 20 today on my p2p account and had a question, whats the best 1h weapon enchant available at 100 enchanting? ill be using an enchanter whos leveled past that but im trying to adhere as close to the rules as possible and such

nevermind just had to read the other thread, maybe i should go to bed

Quick question/confusion - I was curious about all the chatter about F2P twinking and such, so I thought I'd just start one...so when I go to account settings, I do not see the WoW "tab" persay under "Your Game Accounts" that allows you to click "Play for free!" I followed the directions on the sticky, so obviously there is something I am missing. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Kigatsuyaa said:
Quick question/confusion - I was curious about all the chatter about F2P twinking and such, so I thought I'd just start one...so when I go to account settings, I do not see the WoW "tab" persay under "Your Game Accounts" that allows you to click "Play for free!" I followed the directions on the sticky, so obviously there is something I am missing. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

You could just download a seperate client online. Takes 3 hrs to load. It wont be connected with your main account though is you dont link it.

For those wondering about the "cannot join with a player above level twenty," that was taken directly from the World of Warcraft Starter Edition FAQ post. As of now, consider it a type or bug on their part.

Hey all.

I have a few questions:

is this thing active, even during eu-times - e.g. morning/afternoon as opposed to evening?

in other words, is it worth the higher lag for eu players?

what's your average queue time before entering a BG?

also, I was planning to be a healer, is priest a bad idea in this f2p bracket?

Users who are viewing this thread