FoTM classes and tiers (for now)

I disagree with [MENTION=18826]Bop[/MENTION] that you can tell a good hunter easier now. I think the damage masked how effective a hunter was, sure, but you could always tell a good hunter a lot easier by seeing something like whether RoS was on auto, if they used their pet taunt to stay in combat from range or to get someone off a healer, if they waited to DE AFTER crippling proc'd or if they got proc'd on while DEing and shit like that.

Now you can just tell that hey, that guy is a good player cuz their positioning might be good but that's about it. No scatter, no silence all but removed the skilling ceiling of this class. Skill floor might have got a lot lower too obviously, but unlike MoP where the floor was close to the ceiling, this time we have the opposite with the ceiling damn close to the floor.

Anyway, here's my tier and it's pretty much the same as [MENTION=18826]Bop[/MENTION]

God Tier: Ret
T1: Combat, Fury, Feral, (I realize Ret is OP, but just from the BGs and arenas I've seen, it is the new hunter. The good Rets are Gods, the bad Rets are just overpowered), RSham, MW
T2: Arms, WW, Demo, Balance, Guardian, Holy
T3: Destro, Disc, HPal
T4: Sub, Assassination, Surv, MM, Frost, RDruid
T5: Enh, ProtP, ProtW, BM
T6: Ele, Arcane
Don't Play: Fire, SPriest

Reasons: God Tier is obvious led by the King of Draenor, Retribution Paladins. You heal better than 2 of the healer specs, you do damage like every other DPS spec, you got bubble, a dispel - what can't you do? The best Ret Paladins are going to make this class look even Godlier than it is. Have fun 2v1'ing a Ret around a pillar for 3 minutes til you go OOM, they go OOM and you luckily get a kill. On this tier

Feral is damn close to God Tier with the type of damage that Cata hunters had before. Your lack of heals, however, make Ret just that much better. That being said, Feral is clearly the lead here followed shortly by Combat and Fury which are the only two specs that can arguably solo a healer. RShams and MW's heal for days, have a kick and a CC respectively and just fare well right now. Most of the DPS here have a lot of it with something else (MS, CC or something).

Priests bring damage, heals but no CC and druids have heals and that's about it. Most of the DPS here do true DPS but bring nothing else to the table.

T5 are essentially utility. You're not the best at anything but you're solid at just about everything. Good players make these classes effective, great players

I disagree with [MENTION=18826]Bop[/MENTION] that you can tell a good hunter easier now. I think the damage masked how effective a hunter was, sure, but you could always tell a good hunter a lot easier by seeing something like whether RoS was on auto, if they used their pet taunt to stay in combat from range or to get someone off a healer, if they waited to DE AFTER crippling proc'd or if they got proc'd on while DEing and shit like that.

Now you can just tell that hey, that guy is a good player cuz their positioning might be good but that's about it. No scatter, no silence all but removed the skilling ceiling of this class. Skill floor might have got a lot lower too obviously, but unlike MoP where the floor was close to the ceiling, this time we have the opposite with the ceiling damn close to the floor.

Anyway, here's my tier and it's pretty much the same as [MENTION=18826]Bop[/MENTION]

God Tier: Ret
T1: Combat, Fury, Feral, (I realize Ret is OP, but just from the BGs and arenas I've seen, it is the new hunter. The good Rets are Gods, the bad Rets are just overpowered), RSham, MW
T2: Arms, WW, Demo, Balance, Guardian, Holy
T3: Destro, Disc, HPal
T4: Sub, Assassination, Surv, MM, Frost, RDruid
T5: Enh, ProtP, ProtW, BM
T6: Ele, Arcane
Don't Play: Fire, SPriest

Reasons: God Tier is obvious led by the King of Draenor, Retribution Paladins. You heal better than 2 of the healer specs, you do damage like every other DPS spec, you got bubble, a dispel - what can't you do? The best Ret Paladins are going to make this class look even Godlier than it is. Have fun 2v1'ing a Ret around a pillar for 3 minutes til you go OOM, they go OOM and you luckily get a kill. On this tier

Feral is damn close to God Tier with the type of damage that Cata hunters had before. Your lack of heals, however, make Ret just that much better. That being said, Feral is clearly the lead here followed shortly by Combat and Fury which are the only two specs that can arguably solo a healer. RShams and MW's heal for days, have a kick and a CC respectively and just fare well right now. Most of the DPS here have a lot of it with something else (MS, CC or something).

Priests bring damage, heals but no CC and druids have heals and that's about it. Most of the DPS here do true DPS but bring nothing else to the table.

T5 are essentially utility. You're not the best at anything but you're solid at just about everything. Good players make these classes effective, great players

I'd swap demo and destro. nevermind didn't see bopqts comment. I'd put arms over fury tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Mage FB crits for 500. Overall the class lacks burst. It's just FB spam and hope for a crit. Shatters are fine but Freeze had its CD increased and it's not enough to burst someone down. It's pretty boring. I miss having to pay insane attention to Mind Blast coming off CD or having to focus on blinking through cast or ranging them. Don't be me wrong, I enjoy not dying in a global. But this bracket needs something... I used have to make decisions like, Do I burn PoM and get 2 shatter FB crits for 900 and finish this guy off or do I save for defensive sheep? Now it's FB FB FB FB and hope their healer is brain dead. Sheep regens ALL their health now and counterspell isn't enough to lock anyone... That's my 2 cents on Frost mage.

Lock on the other hand.... Random did 100k+ and got top damage last night spreading demo curses and doing his locky stuff. Looks very fun. Offensive disc priest is another one I want to try.

Ret looks fine to me... idk. Maybe I haven't vs'd many. I dueled a ret and it went fine, lost but I started with 2/3 health. 300ish hits.
Area is broken, which is sad. I hope we get scaling.

Rogue's Ambush for 1200 still.

Feral Druid Ferocious Bite hit me for 1600. This is a top tier for sure.

Tier lists in WoW? lmao I thought i'd only see those in Smash Competitive.

Why? There's been tier lists in every game since... ever. There's tier lists for any competitive game with classes or multiple characters. There were Goldeneye tiers ffs with Oddjob at top.
[MENTION=13311]srsbsns[/MENTION] - Right? The game is just flat out boring now. I understand blankets etc being removed but ffs give rogues blind, give hunters a trap or SOMETHING. Hell I'd even take going OOM or having to worry about threat at this point...

Why? There's been tier lists in every game since... ever. There's tier lists for any competitive game with classes or multiple characters. There were Goldeneye tiers ffs with Oddjob at top.
[MENTION=13311]srsbsns[/MENTION] - Right? The game is just flat out boring now. I understand blankets etc being removed but ffs give rogues blind, give hunters a trap or SOMETHING. Hell I'd even take going OOM or having to worry about threat at this point...

Yes, I've seen tier lists in many other competitive games, but not labeled as a "Tier" list. I'm used to tier list for Smash. Just speaking from what I've experienced.

srsbsns - Right? The game is just flat out boring now. I understand blankets etc being removed but ffs give rogues blind, give hunters a trap or SOMETHING. Hell I'd even take going OOM or having to worry about threat at this point...
For sure, almost every multiplayer game I've ever played has had broken elements that the players take it upon themselves to police. And, the "NO ODDJOBS!" rule was probably the first for us Millennials, it being the first multiplayer FPS I can remember playing. Man, that brings back memories.

TBH, I've been way to busy with school to do much with the new patch other than mess around with gear and toys. But I'm really looking forward to...ZOMG AV POP!

Yes, I've seen tier lists in many other competitive games, but not labeled as a "Tier" list. I'm used to tier list for Smash. Just speaking from what I've experienced.

True enough :D I miss Smash - have not played the new one, any good? Marth v Marth in melee used to be the shit!

True enough :D I miss Smash - have not played the new one, any good? Marth v Marth in melee used to be the shit!

Its really fun, it feels slightly less floaty than brawl but still pretty floaty compared to melee and project m. Also it takes considerably more to ko your opponent, throws dont seem to do the job so you either have to smash em off or get them in a meteor attack. Ganon still bottom tier qq (but dat yoshi doe)

I've seen shadow priests be really OP, especially at 29, I would move them up a little

Only at 29*

And this is the F2P section.

I honestly do not feel that a BiS Arms Warrior is much better than a Fury Warrior with 2 BACs. They seem fairly equal with their own positive and negative aspects.

The term originated within the Japanese fighting game community in the early '90s, many years before Smash Bros. came out. The first time I saw a 'tier' list was in a 1994 issue of Famitsu (Japanese gaming magazine) and it was for Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo.

Definitely has ALOT of competitive value, with the fact that they spent the time to actually balance the characters, no tripping, less floaty, customizable moves, doesn't reward you for defense, and I like the roster ^.^
Melee still tops my list, but Smash 4 is everything Brawl should've been and more.

EDIT: Sorry for going off-topic :(

Ret looks fine to me... idk. Maybe I haven't vs'd many. I dueled a ret and it went fine, lost but I started with 2/3 health. 300ish hits.

Hey that was me!

Anyways, Hash is right. As a (quite well geared if I do say so myself) ret I have no trouble smashing through classes that can't escape me (any melee essentially, bar good Ferals). Classes that can kite effectively give Rets a more difficult time as we lack a ranged attack other than Judgement, which we're trying to reserve at times in order to catch back up to said class. In duelling a feral I'd say the damage outputs are two different beasts, with Rets having a strong, steady output, whereas Ferals tick away until they pop a massive crit or two.

I rolled a Warlock but I'm seriously gonna cry if I have to wait til DMF to get my heirloom staff....

Is a melee toon much quicker to gear since they don't need the spellpower weapons?

Suggestions - Pally or Rogue or War or Monk? i wanna be hard to kill and roll over 29 scrubs

PS I don't wanna play Druid, can't manage the shapeshifting aspect cuz i'm too noob

Updated fury warriors, survival and MM hunters and put them all in an in between tier between 1 and 2.

Users who are viewing this thread