US FIFTY - Classic Raiding done right - We need YOU!

Were raiding in 1 hours guy log on if you can, we are still waiting for a main tank so Thirk, Oncilla, Cer, Goinhamboi we could realy use your guys help :)

Raid in 1 hour everyone get on

Um yea Savcar we are currently working on our recently recruited tanks, but we could realy use a priest liek peachy or if you are board of priest heals, druids have become op lately and are equal to priests (maybe even better).

Also guys bad news Brewmasters are not as good as we had predicted they take to much damage due to lack of armor, ill tell more about this later on. On the brighter side though Healing monks are realy good for Fifty raiding in specific, I will also tell you more about this later.

I'm fairly disappointed on how this raid (or lack thereof) went. We ready need to raid, with out without thirk. Just because hes not here doesn't mean the raids aren't happening or you don't have to try to attend. Sorry if this sounds a bit scathing, but I really am a bit angry about people not showing up.

We're going to try a raid on monday in america at 6 pacific standard time. Thats 4 eastern. We could do it at 6 eastern, but people have to say thats a better time and show up. Please contact thelse or me in game or post on here to rsvp.

Lastly Oncilla where are you? And Goinhamboi we really need you man.

Last edited by a moderator:
So today even though we never got the chance to raid (again due to the lack of tanks that are currently leveling) we got some interesting testing going and to sum it all up its the exact opposite of what I expected.

Brewmaster Monks - Their viability has gone down the sink, this is mainly due to their lack of armor and stagger stacking up to 2.5k which by itself would kill my 10k hp monk tank in 4 seconds :), during the time of testing I had 8k hp and was being healed by 2 holy paladins, this always resulted in wipes about 20 seconds in. I returned later with 10k hp buffed with my Disc priest and this turned out better, I still couldnt take this add down but I lasted much longer, again only dieing when stagger reached just crazy amounts (think I sas it hit for 3.5k once). Anyway to sum it up I beilieve Brewmasters will have the edge on certain situations and im defeinatly going to finish gearing that spec up, but overall id prefer that people wanting to roll tanks choose warriors.

Mistweaver - This was a huge suprise for me, up to this point I had been comparing healers to priests however with monks they bring some very useful bonuses to healing. To start with I will compare their moves to that of a priest, they have their renewing mist (renew equivelent) that also serves as raid heals which will be good in the very few raid damage situations (as far as i can see this is going to heal the same amount as renew). Apart from that the rest of their moves go in a fairly obvious rotation that for the purpose of <Fifty> and the situations we are put in will be absolutly amazing. They have soothing mist which will be their primary move and they will be channeling this pretty much all the time. During channeling this you can cast surging mist (Flash heal and should heal around same amount) and enveloping mist (renew on steroids, dusnt last long but will heal around 2k a proc every second for 6 seconds (or soemthing like that)) Thay are also able to cast these instantly which will make healing easier due to the ability to flash heal instantly, I consider this a switch from cast time and random spamming to reaction time pressing of buttons as soon as the tank takes damage, which will simplify things a lot. On top of this they also have an crazy op bubble on a 2 minute cd that increases HoT healing by 50% (real op when you have all your HoTs going) this bubble is for about 6-8k. The negative however is the mana useage and monks will have to be very aware of this, I can oom myself in 15 seconds by spamming spells which i very little time compared to my 2 minutes spam healign fest on my priest. Overall I realy like these healers and they will be very useful for fights that require healing before 1.5 seconds flash heals.

I cannot stress how more than ever <Fifty> has become a more class/roll specific project, if you want to roll a tank and not get killed in 10 seconds in any situation you HAVE to roll a Warrior, they are just the best class by a long way, and have some very useful cds.

If you want to roll a healer im pleased to anounce there are 3 extremly viable healers now (up form the previous two) those are Mistweaver Monks (Gnome obviously), Resto Druids (dusnt matter what race realy), and finaly Dist Priests (again always a gnome).

We dont realy amtter about what you rolla s a DPS its compeltly up to you, just a warning however certain classes/specs would be extremly unsatisfactory im refering to caster classes like mages and warlocks, however we are in the middle of testing soem new things out that you never know might make them viable to a certain level.

Notoriusthf just to answer your question we havent done major testing with spell hit since we dont have anyone at 50 with the capabilities to trial the expertise chain (I would if I had an 81 on spinebreaker but sadly I do not). However Bubbleblowin has trailed it and apparently it is no longer even considered viable due to the lack of damage from all moves, please ask him more about it but I would suggest you choose another class to roll seeing as I stated above some classes/spec are not going to work. I realy hate saying this as I have said before but I cannot stress enough the way <Fifty> works and how certain things are just not viable at all.

Yeah thelse great post. Reminds me of the days of paladin viability testing. About shockadins, they can get the hit that the other two "viable" casters can, but the damage isn't there. I thought harsh words would hit really hard because of what the tooltip said, but blizzard's definition of "approximately the same damage as healing" is half. It hits for 1k instead of the 2k it heals. I did some testing in sunken temple in my intellect set, just with some pug queues, and topped dps, maxing out at about 550(400 when I had to keep people alive as well due to a bad healer). In our actual raids, hunters and assassination rogues can hit 800 dps. It just doesn't look good. I might test it, but the heirloom I'm working on on spinebreaker is arcanite reaper. Retribution is going to be my main spec in 10 man raids.

I'm still making that shadow priest, so current healers and leveling healers please check out the guide and make an attempt to get some haste gear from those chardevs. This excludes disco priests, who don't have breakpoints worth reaching (12.5% to get one renew tick, bleh). I will run dungeons with anyone that needs new gear for this. Pallys, if you go sacred shield, which isn't that much ahead of eternal flame go for the spellpower enchant but if not use the haste one. Also sacred shield absorbs 400 damage every 5 seconds and eternal flame ticks for 300 every two seconds. I also like having less things to keybind.

Hi.

Thats awsome man, Thirk has been away lately and iv been trying to organise soem raids, no luck yet but we are currently gearing up recent recruits and we should be raiding shortly. Good news for you though if you still want to play your warlock you can now pick up the 200 expertise weapon chain taht will buff ur hit to 60%. This should make warlocks more entertaining and make it not just be a spam banish class.

I can help you with mining. Bimpni I mean.

We have a few people on and if we can't get a raid going I think we're going to do Blackrock spire. I'm near the entrance.

Raiding right now, get on please

It was great seeing oncilla and social, we really needed you. Thelse I don't know how you play that thing. I would spam flash and then I would get an instant cast proc and it would mess up my flow and I couldn't see anyone's health without my ui. I got about five hours of sleep last night too.

In other news it was great to spend a big part of my day with the fifty guys and girl. I am so happy we got a raid going and I'm disappointed I had to miss most of it. Great job everyone, fifty is alive and well so if you're on the ropes out there, we really could use your help and you're always welcome.

Not bad, took out some of the trash with only 7 people. Still praying we do MC within a month or two

Also everyone who wants to be on the roster on the website please PM me your realid emails on twinkinfo.

Great raid today guys, that was amazing considering both tank wernt fully BiS and we only had 7 people, I reckon we would have downed Kurinaxx if Bubbleblowin didnt have to go and then Oncilla having to go, thats a shame anyway, we may be raiding this weekend even thou I wont be able to make it, however weekend after next we will be raiding and im looking forward to a full clear, make space in your scedules guys cause we are also going to be streaming this, over the next week and a bit im goign to be gearing people up who need it.

Users who are viewing this thread