Farming for WF epics, there must be diminishing return

my new 20 hunter, 33 runs, 0 WF, nothing, I find this is a gigantic waste of time for me, not going to play this anymore, lol

my new 20 hunter, 33 runs, 0 WF, nothing, I find this is a gigantic waste of time for me, not going to play this anymore, lol
ask traffic vision about rng. I had a run with 55 in a row with zero war forge. Then all the sudden I got three wf socket with terts on two

Rng is rng, it's in the name, random.
That said 33 runs is crazy bad luck. Not having a warforged item with that many runs is about 0.0001% chance. Calcs did considering a 10% chance, and that you do it solo and get loot from every boss.
You def should give a prayer to whatever god you believe in, you'll need that ;)

Take it with a grain of salt but there is a running theory between me and my wife (who is crazy collector) that there is a very slight global pity timer that is affected by specific drops or lack thereof. Also it has something to do with inactivity on characters.

My personal 'voodoo' is that if you're trying to get a rare item, avoid other sources of rare items from other content and perhaps even across your account. Moreover, characters who have had low activity also seem to have a bump in rare drops.
I think there has to be an "inactivity timer" element to loot upgrade chances. There's the baseline 1/12 chance, but I believe it increases after some amount inactivity on an account (perhaps at the character level as well). I took 2 months off WoW entirely and my first blue dungeon quest just rolled epic. Sadly, "don't play for 2 months" doesn't seem like a fun gearing strategy. And I know that a single anecdote isn't particularly useful, this is consistent with my previous experience of getting minimal upgrades when actively playing.

I made a DK last week. Ive done 104 dungeon runs and have had 22 WF drops during those runs. Running at about a 20% drop rate. I feel across all my toons that seems about right for the average on them.
I will say though, this is on a level 10 and only running the 2 dungeons available.

everything in life has diminishing returns.

Users who are viewing this thread