Farming for WF epics, there must be diminishing return

ns66

I find the more epics a toon has, the less chance it will get WF proc, so it's definitely not "random". With new toons, it will get epic every few runs, but when the toon is almost full epics, much much harder, dozens dozens of runs won't get one, do you guys feel the same way?

1680622600014.png

So logically, one could:
  • Vendor after every epic drop, do dungeon run to have better chances at epics, then buy back from vendor before timer runs out. Rinse/repeat so one is running with no epics.
  • Or trade epics to party member, do dungeon runs, trade item back before 2 hours. Rinse/repeat.
  • Or vendor all epics over 2 weeks, do dungeon runs, use Blizzard restoration once every 2 weeks on the epics. Rinse/repeat.

220px-Hereigoagain.jpg

So logically, one could:
  • Vendor after every epic drop, do dungeon run to have better chances at epics, then buy back from vendor before timer runs out. Rinse/repeat so one is running with no epics.
  • Or trade epics to party member, do dungeon runs, trade item back before 2 hours. Rinse/repeat.
  • Or vendor all epics over 2 weeks, do dungeon runs, use Blizzard restoration once every 2 weeks on the epics. Rinse/repeat.

220px-Hereigoagain.jpg

i don't think that will "fix" it, the system knows how many epic dropped, depends on how dev write the code, it could have a formula to reduce drop chance based on how many epics dropped for this toon...

i don't think that will "fix" it, the system knows how many epic dropped, depends on how dev write the code, it could have a formula to reduce drop chance based on how many epics dropped for this toon...

I'd disagree. If that were the case, my high level toons that have had hundreds of thousands of epics drop, would have the lowest epic drop chance if there was a sliding scale. Your argument would also penalize a toon for amount of epic drops, even if the epic was an unusable item for that particular class. And extending that logic to level appropriate epic drops to lower level epic drops, and penalizing based on quantity seems a stretch. (or trying to assign a weight for every possible epic item and what is appropriate for a character at a particular level and its usefulness to that character)

I agree they are logging everything, probably retaining for a year or so for auditing, but not calculating drop percentage based on it.

I will say that the chance to proc upgrades does appear to be somewhat increased after a period of inactivity, but quickly drops to 1/12 rate. If you are interested in tracking your loots and upgrades, try out my addon LootLog: https://xpoff.com/threads/lootlog-wow-addon-to-track-dungeon-loots-and-upgrades.99123/

I would be very happy if the drop rate is 1/12, good luck with that, now with toons that are almost full WF, I can't get a drop with dozens dozens of runs

Take it with a grain of salt but there is a running theory between me and my wife (who is crazy collector) that there is a very slight global pity timer that is affected by specific drops or lack thereof. Also it has something to do with inactivity on characters.

My personal 'voodoo' is that if you're trying to get a rare item, avoid other sources of rare items from other content and perhaps even across your account. Moreover, characters who have had low activity also seem to have a bump in rare drops.

If there are any statistics nerds out there, enough a large amount of useful data could easily show if there are statistical anomalies revealing an underlying hidden variable. Perhaps @lofi 's addon could feed into that.

That being said, WoD epics don't seem to be that rare and maybe there is and ebb and flow in drop chances as you grind. But socketed ones are crazy rare.

Been building other toons, so I decided to play my lock who already has every gem slot. Ran one dungeon got two wf one with the socket. I hate to tell you this but blizzard listened to your post with the utmost care and respect and increased the drop rate.

Been building other toons, so I decided to play my lockwho already has every wf gem slot. Ran one dungeon got two wf one with the socket. I hate to tell you this but blizzard listened to your post with the utmost care and respect and increased the drop rate.

Been building other toons, so I decided to play my lock who already has every gem slot. Ran one dungeon got two wf one with the socket. I hate to tell you this but blizzard listened to your post with the utmost care and respect and increased the drop rate.
How many boss kills did it take to get every single gem slot? You mean WF + socket right?

We all have our bizzare rituals to get our epics

Usually when i start my runs, i make sure that the clock is at exactly at :59 and then when it hits 0 i type BOBBY KOTICK GRANT ME STRENGTH and it allows me to get my epics during my run.

Has a tiny chance to happen 30% of the time, every 60% of the time over 10% other times

We all have our bizzare rituals to get our epics

I have already mentioned this once before, but make sure to squish as many of the luck spiders in BSM as possible, even if you have to go out of your way.

If you get them all, its a guaranteed 10.0% chance for your item to WF.

Users who are viewing this thread