F2P Warrior Gear Guide

Zehj

Legend
>>> Arms section updated for patch 6.03, unsure of some scalings for FC section <<<​

This guide will focus solely on warrior gear, its a work in progress atm. I might expand it into a comprehensive warrior guide in the future.

Humans have the racial Every Man for Himself which frees up a trinket slot as an insignia is not required. In the free trinket spot you would ideally use Arena Grand Master or Inherited Mark of Tyranny. Swift Hand of Justice for Headlong Rush is another option but I think AGM/Tyranny are better; unless you want to go full glass cannon. Haste also increases your attack speed (marginally) allowing you to generate rage faster.

I have listed initial gear sets without any of the harder to obtain gear as well as complete best in slot sets.

If you want to check how items scale in battlegrounds: Gear Scaling Index, props to [MENTION=18568]Hashbrowns[/MENTION].​

Contents

Arms
- Alliance
- - Pre-loom/Agm/Boe
- - BiS
- Horde
- - Pre-loom/Lfh/Agm/Boe
- - BiS
FC
- Alliance
- - Pre-loom/Lfh/Agm/Boe
- - BiS
- Horde
- - Pre-loom/Lfh/Agm/Boe
- - BiS

Pre-loom/Agm/Boe

Head: Rifle Commander's Eyepatch
Neck: Brilliant Necklace or Thick Bronze Necklace
Shoulder: Packleader's Pauldrons
Back: Bloody Twilight Cloak or Tumultuous Cloak (Battle/Bear/Soldier)
Chest: Phantom Armor or Mutant Scale Breastplate
Wrists: Collarspike Bracers or Sparkmetal Bracers
Hands: Algae Fists/Skeletal Gauntlets
Waist: Earthbound Girdle (Bear/Soldier/Strength) or Runescale Girdle
Legs: Stone Guard Greaves
Feet: Savage Trodders or Gorewalker Treads
Ring 1: Silverlaine's Family Seal
Ring 2: Bravo Company Signet
Trink 1: Rune of Duty
Trink 2: Insignia of the Alliance
Weapon: Cold Iron Pick/Reef Axe

BiS

Shoulder: Polished Spaulders of Valor
Back: Bloody Twilight Cloak or Tumultuous Cloak (Battle/Bear/Soldier)
Chest: Polished Breastplate of Valor
Wrists: Collarspike Bracers or Sparkmetal Bracers
Hands: Thorbia's Gauntlets or Algae Fists/Skeletal Gauntlets
Legs: Foreman's Leggings or Stone Guard Greaves
Feet: Savage Trodders or Gorewalker Treads
Ring 2: Bravo Company Signet
Trink 1: Arena Grand Master or Inherited Mark of Tyranny
Trink 2: Inherited Insignia of the Alliance
Weapon: Bloodied Arcanite Reaper

Horde

Pre-loom/Lfh/Agm/Boe

Head: Flying Tiger Goggles
Shoulder: Deathstalker Pauldrons
Back: Bloody Twilight Cloak or Tumultuous Cloak (Battle/Soldier) or Mutineer's Cloak
Chest: Phantom Armor or Mutant Scale Breastplate
Wrists: Collarspike Bracers or Bracers of the Most Trusted
Hands: Algae Fists/Skeletal Gauntlets
Legs: Dividend Leggings
Feet: Boots of the Hero or Savage Trodders
Ring 2: Band of Foul Strength
Trink 2: Insignia of the Horde
Weapon: Cold Iron Pick/Reef Axe

BiS

Head: Lucky Fishing Hat or Flying Tiger Goggles
Shoulder: Polished Spaulders of Valor
Back: Bloody Twilight Cloak or Tumultuous Cloak (Battle/Soldier) or Mutineer's Cloak
Chest: Polished Breastplate of Valor
Wrists: Collarspike Bracers or Bracers of the Most Trusted
Hands: Thorbia's Gauntlets or Algae Fists/Skeletal Gauntlets
Legs: Dividend Leggings or Kalecgos' Gift
Feet: Boots of the Hero or Savage Trodders
Ring 2: Demon Band or Band of Foul Strength
Trink 2: Inherited Insignia of the Horde
Weapon: Bloodied Arcanite Reaper

FC

Alliance

Pre-Loom/Lfh/Agm/Boe

Neck: Thick Bronze Necklace
Shoulder: Packleader's Pauldrons
Back: Tumultuous Cloak of Stamina
Chest: Tortoise Armor
Wrists: Collarspike Bracers or Bracers of the Ancient Grove
Hands: Algae Fists/Skeletal Gauntlets or Imbued Infantry Gauntlets? (or similar)
Waist: Earthbound Girdle of Stamina
Legs: Stone Guard Greaves or Warrior's Pants? (or similar)
Feet: Savage Trodders or Imbued Infantry Boots? (or similar)
Ring 1: Silverlaine's Family Seal or Hogger's Shiny
Ring 2: Bravo Company Signet or Ello's Band
Trink 2: Insignia of the Alliance
Weapon: Baron's Scepter + Gold Plated Buckler or Commander's Crest or Gilnean Shield? (worgen only)

BiS

Head: Lucky Fishing Hat
Shoulder: Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons or Magician's Mantle or Burnished Pauldrons of Might
Back: Tumultuous Cloak of Stamina or Firebane Cloak
Chest: Burnished Breastplate of Might
Wrists: Collarspike Bracers or Bracers of the Ancient Grove
Hands: Algae Fists/Skeletal Gauntlets or Imbued Infantry Gauntlets? (or similar)
Legs: Foreman's Leggings or Warrior's Pants? (or similar)
Feet: Silver-Linked Footguards
Ring 1: Blood Ring or Hogger's Shiny
Ring 2: Blood Ring or Ello's Band
Trink 2: Inherited Insignia of the Alliance
Weapon: Sharpened Scarlet Kris or Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver + Flamescarred Draconian Deflector or Gilnean Shield? (worgen only)

Horde

Pre-Loom/Lfh/Agm/Boe

Head: Flying Tiger Goggles
Shoulder: Deathstalker Pauldrons
Back: Tranquillien Champion's Cloak
Chest: Tortoise Armor
Wrists: Collarspike Bracers
Legs: Kalecgos' Gift or Warrior's Pants? (or similar)
Feet: Savage Trodders or Imbued Infantry Boots? (or similar)
Ring 1: Stillwater's Signet
Ring 2: Ring of Pardons
Trink 2: Insignia of the Horde
Weapon: Baron's Scepter + Gold Plated Buckler or Commander's Crest

BiS

Head: Lucky Fishing Hat
Shoulder: Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons or Magician's Mantle or Burnished Pauldrons of Might
Back: Tranquillien Champion's Cloak or Firebane Cloak
Chest: Burnished Breastplate of Might
Wrists: Collarspike Bracers
Legs: Kalecgos' Gift or Warrior's Pants? (or similar)
Feet: Silver-Linked Footguards
Ring 1: Stillwater's Signet
Ring 2: Ring of Pardons
Trink 2: Inherited Insignia of the Horde
Weapon: Sharpened Scarlet Kris or Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver + Flamescarred Draconian Deflector

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of racials, the Orc axe racial no longer applies and the Human mace/sword is now useful. For all Alliance races except Human and Draenai use the Non-Draenei sets in the arms section (with the alternative crit pieces), and for Draenai and Human use the Draenai sets (with the alternative crit pieces). For all the horde races use the Non-Orc sets in the arms section (with the alternative crit pieces).
This caught my eye. Shouldn't you categorize gnomes with human and draenei aswell, as they get Shortblade specialization, which gives 1-handed sword expertise aswell?

Shortblade Specialization - Spell - World of Warcraft

Only scrolled through very briefly but looking good so far :]

pretty sure it's 13/11 with racial

Yeah wasn't too sure but just checked, was 10 (against 20s) as a human with a 1h sword

ill add arena gear laters anyways

This caught my eye. Shouldn't you categorize gnomes with human and draenei aswell, as they get Shortblade specialization, which gives 1-handed sword expertise aswell?

Shortblade Specialization - Spell - World of Warcraft

Only scrolled through very briefly but looking good so far :]

ahh yeah forgot about that, been years since ive played a gnome

added the gnome racial, cheers for le feedback

Great post, however I prefer the link below to be BiS for an orc arms warrior. It provides more health and there's hardly a damage difference between the two (I did the math in F2Pdev, my set provides 129 strength whereas the orc arms BiS displayed in the OP provides 131). There's hardly a difference.

And although the Orc BiS displayed in the OP has more hit for charge compared to my set, the Charge misses rarely occur and I can't recall a time where I missed a vital charge. To be viable you only need to be softcapped.

Don't sacrifice the health on an arms warrior over strength and hit (beyond softcap). Hit softcap's fine and a mix of health and strength is the best. If you plan on stacking anything as a warrior, it should be crit.

Also, until WOD, Mark of Tyranny>AGM. When WoD removes battle fatigue, AGM will be BiS again.

Health (In BGs)
My BiS: 2000ish
OP's BiS: 1800

200 health actually is a rather large difference for a class that can be kited so easily. You want to have at least 1900 health.

All of the numbers provided in my post are in BGs, of course. They don't reflect to out of BG numbers at all.

(BiS orc arms warrior IMO)
Bellybutton @ Blackwing Lair - Community - World of Warcraft

I know everyone gears and looks at things a little differently but srsly when you don't use the save feature I cry a little...
http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/f2pdev-chardev-org-trial-twink-54388/

But maybe that's on me to make it more "clickable". Nice wall of text though :)

yeah considered using a format like that but didn't know if yours had links to wowhead, and not everybody has it downloaded so its not as accessible as my wall of text ^^

once ive finished the links...

Great post, however I prefer the link below to be BiS for an orc arms warrior. It provides more health and there's hardly a damage difference between the two (I did the math in F2Pdev, my set provides 129 strength whereas the orc arms BiS displayed in the OP provides 131). There's hardly a difference.

And although the Orc BiS displayed in the OP has more hit for charge compared to my set, the Charge misses rarely occur and I can't recall a time where I missed a vital charge. To be viable you only need to be softcapped.

Don't sacrifice the health on an arms warrior over strength and hit (beyond softcap). Hit softcap's fine and a mix of health and strength is the best. If you plan on stacking anything as a warrior, it should be crit.

Also, until WOD, Mark of Tyranny>AGM. When WoD removes battle fatigue, AGM will be BiS again.

Health (In BGs)

200 health actually is a rather large difference for a class that can be kited so easily. You want to have at least 1900 health.

All of the numbers provided in my post are in BGs, of course. They don't reflect to out of BG numbers at all.

Ive listed the crit/stre/stam alternatives for those who want them

charge is the most useful warr ability, and personally id rather not miss a single one

The only thing going for your arms BiS though are charges that never miss.

I agree that charge is a big deal, however you're sacrificing 200 health to make sure your charges stun the target.

Over my year of playing an arms warrior I haven't had many major moments where a charge miss impacted an entire game.

It's personal preference of course, I suppose if you plan on playing many arenas/wargames, yours is probably BiS. I'm more of a pug/premade pug guy.

The only thing going for your arms BiS though are charges that never miss.

I agree that charge is a big deal, however you're sacrificing 200 health to make sure your charges stun the target.

Over my year of playing an arms warrior I haven't had many major moments where a charge miss impacted an entire game.

It's personal preference of course, I suppose if you plan on playing many arenas/wargames, yours is probably BiS. I'm more of a pug/premade pug guy.

just wait till you miss the charge that gets you a cap or a repick

That happens, but rarely.

Is sacrificing 200 health and a one in a hundred chance of missing a charge in that type of situation, for 100% charge hit chance and 200 less health worth it however?

That happens, but rarely.

Is sacrificing 200 health and a one in a hundred chance of missing a charge in that type of situation, for 100% charge hit chance and 200 less health worth it however?

If you use the stam pieces you are using its only 50 health

that's the risk you take, slightly more stamina/dmg and some charges missed. Ultimately charges have more potential to be game changing than some additional stats

Health (In BGs)

bis without hit cap my ass rofl.

bis without hit cap my ass rofl.

Softcap VS Max Hitcap

You're losing more benefits from going max hitcap compared to softcap.

Whereas with softcap you're rarely going to miss a charge anyways.

If you go max-hitcap and give up that 200 HP, the majority of the games where there isn't a vital Charge means you just neutered yourself, whereas the 1 in a hundred game where your charge actually means something, you saved one game. Only in wargames and arenas should you be max-hitcapped as a warrior, going for max hitcap in a pug is just neutering yourself for the majority of the games for no reason.

Softcap VS Max Hitcap

You're losing more benefits from going max hitcap compared to softcap.

Whereas with softcap you're rarely going to miss a charge anyways.

If you go max-hitcap and give up that 200 HP, the majority of the games where there isn't a vital Charge means you just neutered yourself, whereas the 1 in a hundred game where your charge actually means something, you saved one game. Only in wargames and arenas should you be max-hitcapped as a warrior, going for max hitcap in a pug is just neutering yourself for the majority of the games for no reason.

Having soft cap leaves roughly 2.5% miss chance with charge, and that's a big deal seeing how often charge is used. And 200 hp? Where the **** are you getting that information, if you swap your useless silverlain ring for a dpr you will gain 10 hp aswell as getting hit cap. My god you shouldn't be giving people advice on gear when you are making up numbers to prove your faulty point.

You can't go ahead and say, I don't play with hit cap cause an important charge won't come. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFORMATION?! You can't gear wrong and just hope that things play out the way you hope, that's like a country with a sealine not building a navy cause "we won't get attacked from the water".

You are wrong, now go gear properly.

If you aren't looking for feedback stop reading here.

It's great when you can pick up something new about a class you think you know. There are a couple of up to date and comprehensive warrior guides here right now I think a new author is going to really have to work hard to come up with a fresh approach in match ups or strategies to really add value here. That is definitely what I would look for in a new warrior guide.

You could streamline your gear sets by just including one per spec per faction and just make a simple note for alternates for hit advantaged races , ( ex wrist:spark metal, collarspike if hit capped).

If you take the approach that the reader needs an explanation of what every man for himself is, you should probably keep consistent and explain why they are looking at "spell hit" and what a hit cap is. Noobs may be confused, if you're writing this for experienced players you can probably leave out the laundry list of racials and just focus on those that can really add an advantage for this class with interesting examples of use.

It's always great when an author takes time to explain their choices and it shows that they have hands on experience rather than just cutting and pasting a gear set from someone else's guide.

Lastly, I was in a bg recently and some dude was bragging abut his diamond hammer…I kept thinking he would have been better off with the loom dagger…I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Having soft cap leaves roughly 2.5% miss chance with charge, and that's a big deal seeing how often charge is used. And 200 hp? Where the **** are you getting that information, if you swap your useless silverlain ring for a dpr you will gain 10 hp aswell as getting hit cap. My god you shouldn't be giving people advice on gear when you are making up numbers to prove your faulty point.

You can't go ahead and say, I don't play with hit cap cause an important charge won't come. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFORMATION?! You can't gear wrong and just hope that things play out the way you hope, that's like a country with a sealine not building a navy cause "we won't get attacked from the water".

Hope this is a joke.

If you were reading my post, I said in F2Pdev, I was comparing OP's Orc BiS (without DPR), to my BiS. The difference between his and mine is 200 health (in a BG, not outside a BG.) I wasn't comparing my BiS to other forms of hitcapping, just that form.

I've played F2P warrior for over a year, and I've been playing twink warriors for at least five years and not once did I find it necessary to hitcap yourself for Charge, given that you are more likely not to miss than missing.

If you aren't looking for feedback stop reading here.

It's great when you can pick up something new about a class you think you know. There are a couple of up to date and comprehensive warrior guides here right now I think a new author is going to really have to work hard to come up with a fresh approach in match ups or strategies to really add value here. That is definitely what I would look for in a new warrior guide.

You could streamline your gear sets by just including one per spec per faction and just make a simple note for alternates for hit advantaged races , ( ex wrist:spark metal, collarspike if hit capped).

If you take the approach that the reader needs an explanation of what every man for himself is, you should probably keep consistent and explain why they are looking at "spell hit" and what a hit cap is. Noobs may be confused, if you're writing this for experienced players you can probably leave out the laundry list of racials and just focus on those that can really add an advantage for this class with interesting examples of use.

It's always great when an author takes time to explain their choices and it shows that they have hands on experience rather than just cutting and pasting a gear set from someone else's guide.

Lastly, I was in a bg recently and some dude was bragging abut his diamond hammer…I kept thinking he would have been better off with the loom dagger…I'm pretty sure I'm right.

The idea was to make an exhaustive list of gear choices with the best way to hit cap, wasn't really planning on a whole guide

I did consider a more streamlined format but in the end it just becomes more confusing with all the different ways to hit cap, think this is the easiest way

I just listed the racials which affect gear choices, but ill add a bit about charge

Users who are viewing this thread