F2P Rankings: Achievements, HKs, and more!

The people listed here with "of the Horde/Alliance" titles - did they get that legitimately? Or were there exploits involved there...? Because I don't see how you could get that title after the whole f2p thing still being so (relatively) young? Or maybe they were p2p 19s who leveled to 20 and abide by the 20 f2p enchant rules..?

Confused >.<

The people listed here with "of the Horde/Alliance" titles - did they get that legitimately? Or were there exploits involved there...? Because I don't see how you could get that title after the whole f2p thing still being so (relatively) young? Or maybe they were p2p 19s who leveled to 20 and abide by the 20 f2p enchant rules..?

Confused >.<

I can't speak for everyone, of course, but some of the people most certainly did get 100k hks legitimately. Just takes a lot of time spent on one character and a lot of time pvping in the last year.

I can certainly believe it - given that I've managed 63k, and I'm not as geared and haven't been as dedicated as some. What I can assure you of is that I've been the kill for those Horde guys many times...

I can certainly believe it - given that I've managed 63k, and I'm not as geared and haven't been as dedicated as some. What I can assure you of is that I've been the kill for those Horde guys many times...
How did you manage to not be BiS after 63k HKs ?

Holy crap... How quick are the queues as a 20/24? At 19 it can range from 4-30 minutes depending on the quality of the previous game, time of day, and other BS factors.

I did PVP for pretty much the entire day (on holiday). WSG averaged maybe 12 minutes, AB 55ish...

Basically the queue times seem similar, maybe 8-30, which sort of suggests that people who play 24s "because the queue time is lower" are being a little economical with the truth.

Interesting (or not) statistics:

WSG - played 23, won 11, lost 11, one finished early because lots of players left.
AB - played 6 won 5, lost 1

Alliance 24s spotted - 22
Horde 24s spotted - 40

Two WSGs had 6 Horde 24s in them...

A good day for getting HKs in WSG, certainly, even if the results weren't awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated lists and finally fixed the tables!

For those who are curious, here is new table syntax:
Code:
[TABLE="width: 800"]

Holy crap... How quick are the queues as a 20/24? At 19 it can range from 4-30 minutes depending on the quality of the previous game, time of day, and other BS factors.
Horde (US) is 1-3ish minutes almost all day every day (longest ive been in was 7 minutes at like 3am), Alliance (US) is more like 8-15 minutes and has peak times.

WSG - played 23, won 11, lost 11 AB - played 6 won 5, lost 1
Horde 24s spotted - 40

11-11 in wsg?! thats pretty bad.. Ab being 6-5 is horrible. you must have gotten a bad day for the 24 premades but the 40-22 horde-ally 24s I don't find surprising

Horde (US) is 1-3ish minutes almost all day every day (longest ive been in was 7 minutes at like 3am), Alliance (US) is more like 8-15 minutes and has peak times.

I remember this one day.. this one day so long ago. for 2 hours total.. ally had 2 MINUTE QUEUES.. Ever since then that day has never came again :( you hordies were messing with us ally giving us hope for sub 5 minute queues

I experimented with playing an alli hunter once, and the gear was awesome. But alas, horde queues have spoiled me, 15 min vs. 2 min :p This was pretty disappointing to me because I really enjoyed the groups and battles I played while on the hunter.

Heres hoping one day the alli queues will be shorter, I'd love to roll some alli toons!

11-11 in wsg?! thats pretty bad.. Ab being 6-5 is horrible. you must have gotten a bad day for the 24 premades but the 40-22 horde-ally 24s I don't find surprising

In WSG Horde had 31 24s, Alliance only 14 (yeah, I made a spreadsheet to keep track of things).

I'm not particularly strong - not particularly bad either, but my play style is, how can I put it, unconventional. My win% overall in WSG isn't much more than 50 anyway. AB was good, we won 5/6! Had far, far worse days there.

In WSG Horde had 31 24s, Alliance only 14 (yeah, I made a spreadsheet to keep track of things).
I'm not particularly strong - not particularly bad either, but my play style is, how can I put it, unconventional. My win% overall in WSG isn't much more than 50 anyway. AB was good, we won 5/6! Had far, far worse days there.

I've made a list to lol was going to post it on here but found it pointless as it stated what everyone already knew and I must have mistaken your Ab as I thought you won 6 and lost 5

Interesting (or not) statistics:

WSG - played 23, won 11, lost 11, one finished early because lots of players left.
AB - played 6 won 5, lost 1

Horde 24s spotted - 40

Not saying 24s balance things, but despite the number of horde 24s you had 50% wins in wsg (which would be the ideal if the bracket was actually balanced) and 83% wins in AB

Buffhunters, you make a reasonable point - that day was quite positive in terms of wins/losses - without being aware that the Alliance had more 24s than Horde in AB (8 to 6). Alliance often has more 20 twinks to make up for it in WSG though. It's not that good 20s can't distort a battleground too, it's just that 24s often do so more.

You may be more interested in the last day of PVP that I will be taking part in for a while:

WSG: Won 7, tied 1, lost 15. 24s: Alliance 18, Horde 42.75 (there was a 23)
AB: Won 3, lost 6. 24s: Alliance 7, Horde 20

I know I'm jumping the gun on this one by a lot... but I'm curious what plans you have, Lofi, now that account-wide achievements are out? Are you able to / going to have your script ignore all account wide achievements? Do you plan on including them?

I was very worried that the 'pve' fun of f2p would be destroyed with mop; just looking at how few account wide achievements there are gives me hope!

There's an option in the blizzard interface to only show character achievements, so I'm sure its possible

When I saw this thread for the first time I was amazed, but I was wrong. Instead of elaborating criteria and calculating their weighs in a system of sorts OP just takes number of honor kills/achievement points. Sea turtle/STV contest victory/all mounts except TGG/STV contest victory/dual AGM/dual lucky fishing hat (one for transmog)/Foreman's stuff/Stendel's wedding band/Steelscale crushfish is nothing compared to running around kissing critters.

When I saw this thread for the first time I was amazed, but I was wrong. Instead of elaborating criteria and calculating their weighs in a system of sorts OP just takes number of honor kills/achievement points. Sea turtle/STV contest victory/all mounts except TGG/STV contest victory/dual AGM/dual lucky fishing hat (one for transmog)/Foreman's stuff/Stendel's wedding band/Steelscale crushfish is nothing compared to running around kissing critters.

You sound quite frustrated. Are you suggesting adjusting the rankings with weighted multiplications on exceptional achievements? With emphasis on those you have, so you would be higher in the PvE ranking? Or have you perhaps not scrolled to the right? The embedded tables are wider that the TI post format. They do list Sea Turtle / Rare Items / Mounts / Dual AGM / etc.

I think a weighting system would be impractical, as everyone who cares about these rankings would have a different opinion on which multiplicator to apply to which achievements. Things like dual rare items for transmog purposes like your LFH are also not extractable from the armory, as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread