F2P Dks

While this isn't free, there is another use for this that came to mind.

If you get a wow key from any of the places that have it on sale between now and new years, you can use this bug to start out with a DK on that account to avoid having to level to 55 first. From there you have 30 days to farm whatever mounts/pets/achievements you want. Then later on if something you want is added to the game, you can use a 10 day cata trial for some more play time.

does anyone know when this is getting patched?

Define fun.

All I've been doing thus far is trying to obtain the lvl40 race-specific mounts and trying to obtain the robotic chicken companion and shit.

I want the Jenkins title, but I dunno how to get it as it stands.

6 hours in a queue for a random battleground - still waiting. (approx half of this time spent in dungeons)

If you're are being disconnected trying making one on your 'home' server. Once I made one on Aerie Peak I never got disconnected.

The DK mount isn't shared cause it is a class mount.

If you're looking to grind the racial mounts, I would suggest making a DK of that race, it's much easier and much less painful. When you get gold capped I suggest buying stuff from the vendors in Acherus, if you do it right you should have enough to buy all the mounts of that race once you leave the starting zone.

If you want panda mounts, get ready to pug Blockrock Depths for hours .___. Enjoy.

Other things you could get:

• Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy! - You may find this hard to do with PuGs, I got into one group and the tank was real uptight about pulling ANY whelps. Which is hard not to do, when you're level 55. I want to assume a group can do this but not sure.
  • As Twinko mentioned, you can get Mr. Grubbs, Mechanical Chicken, and Tiny Flamefly. All of these will probably take some time, the chicken in particular relies on drops, some of the required quest items can take forever to drop, keep this in mind. Grubbs is from a quest chain in Eastern Plaguelands and also relies on drop chance, Flamefly is a longer quest chain in Burning Steppes, but there's no drop chance in the equation :)
  • You could also try and farm the whelp drops from Winterspring or Feralas, maybe even try for Sprite Darter Hatchling, most of which could be farmed on a F2P 20 but it would be easier.
  • A heap of achievements :eek:

All of this of course is vanity stuff, nothing really beneficial to PvP or anything. Still fun, for a little while at least.

I've been trying to farm the Sprite Darter Hatchling for the past 30 ~ 90 mins, and nothing. But it's certainly a faster alternative to doing it with only a trial char.

The black tabby too.

If you're are being disconnected trying making one on your 'home' server. Once I made one on Aerie Peak I never got disconnected.

If you're looking to grind the racial mounts, I would suggest making a DK of that race, it's much easier and much less painful. When you get gold capped I suggest buying stuff from the vendors in Acherus, if you do it right you should have enough to buy all the mounts of that race once you leave the starting zone.

If you want panda mounts, get ready to pug Blockrock Depths for hours .___. Enjoy.

• Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy! - You may find this hard to do with PuGs, I got into one group and the tank was real uptight about pulling ANY whelps. Which is hard not to do, when you're level 55. I want to assume a group can do this but not sure.
  • As Twinko mentioned, you can get Mr. Grubbs, Mechanical Chicken, and Tiny Flamefly. All of these will probably take some time, the chicken in particular relies on drops, some of the required quest items can take forever to drop, keep this in mind. Grubbs is from a quest chain in Eastern Plaguelands and also relies on drop chance, Flamefly is a longer quest chain in Burning Steppes, but there's no drop chance in the equation :)
  • You could also try and farm the whelp drops from Winterspring or Feralas, maybe even try for Sprite Darter Hatchling, most of which could be farmed on a F2P 20 but it would be easier.

All of this of course is vanity stuff, nothing really beneficial to PvP or anything. Still fun, for a little while at least.

I made one on Aerie Peak and got disconnected. Just your luck.

I made one on Aerie Peak and got disconnected. Just your luck.

View attachment 728

I'll just leave this here.... Not trying to say it's the fastest but this is how long it would take if you speed through. Probably could go as low as an hour and 30 minutes or more closer to 2 hours if you take your time.

There is another title I can think of that maybe possible but I need to obtain it first to say for sure. All the quest and dungeon achievements are possible. I just got dced in sw so I have to make my 3rd dk now :/

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_112312_145941.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_112312_145941.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 204
well, it disconnected me after 11 hours of playing. Not too bad. If the disconnect was not so fatal for F2P DKs...

Users who are viewing this thread