F2P Community on Moon Guard

I might try it out, probably a p2p since I don't really have time for the grinding. Need to get all my gold/items to ally side and delete horde banker.

The worst part is getting nasty tells from people when you aren't in character 100% of the time. I've had characters get flagged for rename simply because people did not like me on that server. I guess it helps if you are unable to talk in trade, but there are definitely some prudes on that server. And tons of pedos and freaks too. Stay out of goldshire or any other place you may think is out of the way.

The worst part is getting nasty tells from people when you aren't in character 100% of the time. I've had characters get flagged for rename simply because people did not like me on that server. I guess it helps if you are unable to talk in trade, but there are definitely some prudes on that server. And tons of pedos and freaks too. Stay out of goldshire or any other place you may think is out of the way.

The problem could be that it is kind of an RP standard to stay in character when using /say, while /whisper can be out of character. Unfortunately, /say is about the only way F2Ps can interact so I can see how it would conflict.

What drives RPers nuts is leetspeak and non-RP character names (which is a rule on RP servers).

However, it's not hard to come up with an RP-compatible name. Besides, those are always the best names anyway.

Thinking real hard about joining you all on MG. I played horde on AP for a while then alliance but I could never get the addon installed. I looked every where in every program file under all .. folders and couldn't find the addon folder where it's supposed to be unzipped. I have no idea where it is. I can find several Blizzard/wow listings but none have this folder. I use curseDL for my other add ons. Is the F2p one you use on curse by any chance. That would make it easy to install. BTW I have always been a rogue FC in 10 - 14 and 24's but not sure how well i could do it as a F2p 20. Thinking of maybe resto shamman FC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking real hard about joining you all on MG. I played horde on AP for a while then alliance but I could never get the addon installed. I looked every where in every program file under all .. folders and couldn't find the addon folder where it's supposed to be unzipped. I have no idea where it is. I can find several Blizzard/wow listings but none have this folder. I use curseDL for my other add ons. Is the F2p one you use on curse by any chance. That would make it easy to install. BTW I have always been a rogue FC in 10 - 14 and 24's but not sure how well i could do it as a F2p 20. Thinking of maybe resto shamman FC.
I got the update from curse... talking on ap and mg.

If you need help grape with with that let me know :).

We've been having some fun pre-mades recently. just finished up a premade run earlier today. Good times Falanks & Amillion ;).

Breakfast Club !!!!! <3
I still have yet to watch that...

The worst part is getting nasty tells from people when you aren't in character 100% of the time. I've had characters get flagged for rename simply because people did not like me on that server. I guess it helps if you are unable to talk in trade, but there are definitely some prudes on that server.
It's more likely that they chewed you out because you were talking out of character more than in character, which is immersion-breaking and generally looked down upon.

As for being flagged, the naming policy is enforced a lot more on roleplay servers. However, if you don't bring negative attention to yourself and your name isn't offensive, most people will look past it.

I won't deny that there is quite a bit of elitism on Moon Guard, as there is with any server, but that isn't the case here.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of each class do you have there already?

I'm too scared to make a toon there now, but if I do I'd like to know the classes to focus on to avoid crowding :p

I've been really torn between rerolling Alliance on Moon Guard or staying on AP Alliance side. Everytime I take a look on the Moon Guard realm there are like 2 maybe 3 people online. Whilst checking out AP Alliance nets me about 18 to 23. Does this have to do with my locale in the EU (and/or time of log-in; 17.00-24.00 EU = 10.00 - 17.00 US-time) ? Wouldn't my EU locale also cause a (slightly) higher latency on the Moon Guard realm than it would on AP?

Horde AP always complain about Alliance AP being 'dead' and I've asked them the above question before. All I got was 'not even going to explain' and the standard 'Horde>Alliance' speech (shorter q times etc.). But nobody actually explains what they mean with AP Alliance being dead (is it the lack of community activities like the recent AP Horde Pool Party?). I'd really appreciate if someone could clear this up for me, and I'd be happy to roll a new MG Alliance toon come the new DMF.

Everytime I take a look on the Moon Guard realm there are like 2 maybe 3 people online. Whilst checking out AP Alliance nets me about 18 to 23. Does this have to do with my locale in the EU (and/or time of log-in; 17.00-24.00 EU = 10.00 - 17.00 US-time) ? Wouldn't my EU locale also cause a (slightly) higher latency on the Moon Guard realm than it would on AP?
Yes, and yes.

How many of each class do you have there already?

I'm too scared to make a toon there now, but if I do I'd like to know the classes to focus on to avoid crowding :p

We have a ton of ret pallies, around 10 by my count. We lack locks (none), mages (1), rogues (1?), druids (1?), warriors (2?). Most of the other class are evenly split and fairly well represented. But really you're welcome to join as any class, even if you prefer a ret pally.

We had our first 10 man tonight and won our games easily, looking forward to playing you guys when we are fully up and running with our premades.
Estimated time to get a premade ready?

We'll get Purse in. He can Fraps it and be a lazy cameraman. We can 9 man it anyway :p

You mean Purse being a referee in the match? :D

Users who are viewing this thread