F2P Addon

Sounds like the font file that's used for the text in the f2pq window isn't being loaded.

It could be:
  • You got a corrupted download. The font file is the biggest part of the download, so the most likely to get corrupted.
  • You have another addon that modifies the default UI. If these don't respect the font choices of other addons, they can break them (eg. some versions of RealUI break Vuhdo), and you'll get that message. Try disabling your other addons to see it they're the source of the problem (Configator first, as that looks to be the one that makes changes to the UI).

Just to let everyone know, my phoneline (and broadband) stopped working yesterday morning. It should be fixed some time before next Wednesday.

How does the f2ptwink chat addon work?

By joining the channel manually,and then trying to talk, you get a "you dont have permission to talk" warning.How did you manage to override this?

If you're running F2PAddon, and are on a trial account, it intercepts any messages you send to the /f2ptwink channel before they get sent the regular way (which would trigger the "you dont have permission to talk" error), and instead sends them through a hidden whisper channel that is used for communication between addons. Then everyone else's addon prints out your message in a way that looks like it actually sent to the channel (you can tell the difference because the channel number is followed by a '_' when sent by the addon, and a '.' when it's a regular message to the channel).

Of course, if someone isn't running the addon themselves, they won't see the text you sent, because it isn't actually going to the channel.

Ever since the patch, I can't get the add-on to work. I can read the messages of everyone else in the channel and my friends list is active but the add-on seems to not be relaying my messages. i get the upgrade now message overtime i try to chat in the channel. i reinstalled the add-on but it did not work still. Any help or anyone else experiencing this error?

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\F2PAddon\f2pfriends.lua:116: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Time: 12/22/11 22:40:20

Count: 1339

Stack: Interface\AddOns\F2PAddon\f2pfriends.lua:116: in function `F2PFriends_MakeSpace'

Interface\AddOns\F2PAddon\f2pfriends.lua:41: in function `F2PFriends_FLUpdate'

Interface\AddOns\F2PAddon\f2paddon.lua:137: in function <Interface\AddOns\F2PAddon\f2paddon.lua:115>

Locals: toRemove = 7

f_num = 96

(for index) = 1

(for limit) = 7

(for step) = 1

x = 1

(*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedInfrastructure.lua:116

(*temporary) = "Removing "

(*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = "Unknown"

(*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = ""

(*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = "Horde"

(*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

trimList = <table> {

}

just got a new UI and this is what i get after a few secs. the error is nonstop and chat box says too many friends in list removing(number varies).

trimList = <table> { }

That shouldn't be an empty table, unless the addon isn't finding any offline characters in your friends list that can be removed. That means they all have comments on.

okay nobody has notes i manually deleted ppl until it stopped spam scrolling the too many friends error. if i hover over the offline ppl a little tooltip pops up with just their name.

I'm having the same problem. I've changed nothing, and the addon just keeps spamming the too many friends error

i just did a test with no addons installed except f2paddon and it still spams the too many friends removing(#). could blizzard have hot fixed something.

Not sure what i did but mine is now fixed after many deaths and reloads of the ui.

So Windows autmatically installed some updates when I restarted my computer, and when I log in to wow, within a minute the following pop up appears

"Your AddOns are experiencing a large number of errors and may be slowing down the game. You can turn on display of Lua erros in the interface options" Disable Addons / Ignore

I initially ignore it, then find that what i type into the channel cannot be seen by anyone. Also, when someone went offline, the message 'No player name d "player name" is currently playing.' is constantly appearing in the chat pane. I try /reload, still the same, and then tried displaying lua errors, and this came up. Also the 'Count' was increasing by 10 per second, i don't know if that's a problem.

Lua Error

Message: Interface\Addons\F2PAddon\f2pdata.lua:110:ChatThrottleLib.SenfAddonMessage(): message length cannot exceed 255 bytes

Time: 01/12/12 04:16:28

Count: 2296 (started from zero increased rapidly)

Stack: [C]: in function 'error'

Interface\Addons\F2PAddon\f2pdata.lua:453: in function 'SendAddonMessage'

Interface\Addons\F2PAddon\f2pdata.lua:110: in function 'F2PData_RouteDataPacket'

Interface\Addons\F2PAddon\f2pdata.lua:86: in function 'F2PData_SendMyData_ToAll'

Interface\Addons\F2PAddon\f2pdata.lua:146: in function <Interface\Addons\F2PAddon\f2pdata.lua:110>

Locals: (*temporary) = "ChatThrottleLib.SendAddonMessage(): message length cannot exceed 255 bytes"

I have very little programming background btw... Thanks
<

Users who are viewing this thread