F2P 19 Wargame Battlegrounds and Arenas

Are the gear lists still out there somewhere?

In the OP in a spoiler tag.

The problem is the gear lists were put together around cata balancing, so they'll be off now, eg. hunters are going to need a slight nerf compared to mages, to bring their damage in line (where hunters were outright banned before, and mages could actually do damage).

Also everyone has lost a slot, due to the merging of MH/Ranged, and casters need 11 hit to be capped, where they'd only have 9 if built before MoP. Cloth wearers can now get to 0% miss against a 19 with Flying Tiger Goggles, Wind Rider Wand, and Simple Pearl Ring, but the casters that can't use wands will need Acquisition Bracers instead of the wand.

Non casters might need to get hold of the PvP weapons to match the stats the casters are getting from their wand/bracers, so that's another 70 honor needed for them.

Some people with existing 19s may find they can't get those items without dinging. On the bright side though, if you do have to reroll, at least you can do so as a pandaren or goblin now.

[edit] and if people are rerolling, can we use the chest/leg gear that we first spawn in, because some of these 19 outfits look hideous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately to pick this up again we'd need more people interested and some pioneers who'd create and test gearing guides for each class to get as much stat gear as possible to mix and match for balance later.

*hint hint nudge nudge*

Just dreaming here, but maybe one day we could also have freestyle games where everyone just plays with the best gear they could obtain, making it a XP-on twinking challenge. XD

Heh, trying to twink a F2P 19 as best you can without dinging would be fun. I think it would involve a lot of RNG too.

Unfortunately to pick this up again we'd need more people interested and some pioneers who'd create and test gearing guides for each class to get as much stat gear as possible to mix and match for balance later.
I'll volunteer for this, but only if Veinte or someone else will too.

I'm not that confident with gear choices.

Whichever gets more people into the project. Since the templates are really easy to make you could level two 19s, one according to the equal gear, and one twinked with XP on. :)

I like the bare minimum gear option. Sounds like a great project- I will make a rogue / priest if other people are interested

Users who are viewing this thread