F2P 19 Wargame Battlegrounds and Arenas

I like the bare minimum gear option. Sounds like a great project- I will make a rogue / priest if other people are interested

I kinda like it too but when the project was active we even had a problem then concerning the engi 100 goggles and mining to 75. If we made it even easier than that maybe more people would join.

I think the mining is just quite random considering it's only 3+ stam and health isn't a problem in MoP.

I still want to try and actually twink a 19 f2p with xp on

But can you beat this?

For clarification, this character had all its gear except wsg-vendor gear and Band of Argas before lvl 15, the wgs-vendor stuff at 18 and the Band at 19.

where do we roll if we want to do this

Bump. I want to see this happen - Someone with the back ground know how start a fresh thread with new gear ect. This needs some energy - such a great idea

Bump. I want to see this happen - Someone with the back ground know how start a fresh thread with new gear ect. This needs some energy - such a great idea
What would you like to change about the gear? I didn't think leveling eng was too tedious, but do you think we could gather more interest with even more basic gear? :D

We should definitely revive it!

What would you like to change about the gear? I didn't think leveling eng was too tedious, but do you think we could gather more interest with even more basic gear?

I have no problem with levelling professions- I just trusted Hidden in what he thought about the situation - seeing as he's done this before

I have no problem with levelling professions- I just trusted Hidden in what he thought about the situation - seeing as he's done this before

I'm okay with professions too but I just thought maybe some wanted to tune it down a bit so more would join.

The gear templates was done in cataclysm so it might be a different situation for mayhaps mist of pandaria. I'm totally flexible =)

If it's decided, I have 2 questions:

1. Is rolling a prot pall possible? Because prot was always my main and I don't feel like playing anything else
2. Im from EU, and if I play on US servers, how will latency be?

The reason the main F2P hub is on Aerie Peak, is because that was the server where the EU players had the best latency. Mialo, Yde, and many other great EU players seem to perform just fine.

If it's decided, I have 2 questions:
2. Im from EU, and if I play on US servers, how will latency be?
As Earl stated, you can play on Aerie Peak just fine. Generalizing this to all servers would be pushing it. While on AP my ms varies from 90 - 135 ms, on some other realms it can spike up to 500 ms.

Hey really like the sound of this! Sounds like a great way to try new classes in a more balanced situation with out grinding for hours over BiS/ looms!
What times are these normally organised, and how would an EU player find the US "realmlist"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey really like the sound of this! Sounds like a great way to try new classes in a more balanced situation with out grinding for hours over BiS/ looms!
What times are these normally organised, and how would an EU player find the US "realmlist"

Yde said:
I tried the following to change my client, very quick procedure and should work:

Choose one:
  • edit your EU client and edit it back after, or
  • if you have the room, do what I did: copy the entire installation into another folder (called WoW US or something).

In the copy / in your client open the file Config.wtf in the WTF folder in any text editor (I used a code editor because Mac TextEdit screws code up sometimes).

Change two lines (first two lines for me, but they might be somewhere lower in the row of SET blah, depending on what your client wrote last).

SET locale "enGB"
SET installLocale "enGB"

to:

SET locale "enUS"
SET installLocale "enUS"

Save the file and that's it. :) Can log into US now. Change it a bit before the meeting though, first time starting up the client might be slightly slower since there are minor differences in the clients that will be fixed.

Ydes guide.

The problem is, that if I remember correctly, you will play amazing matches when I will be sleeping :(
You should try it anyways! Add me on Skype with a note that it's because of 19 wargames and I'll add you to a chat conversation. Then everyone online can ask in chat whether there's someone else interested in playing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread