Exploit On The Loose! Enchant Your Gear While You Still Can!

Hi, I have 50 percent damage reduction.
But, I want to keep the gear just for linking so I wont be using it in BGs, just like my
stachel gear on EU. I dont use it but its still in my bags
<3
if anything they fix the exploit and I keep my gems.gggggggggg

If Blizzard follows suit with their way of fixing things in the past, they'll make the ability usable on gear of a certain level: "Ability cannot be used on items that have an item level lower than xx." They've made weapon oils only usable on BC 'ish and lower gear.

It'll take months before blizz will care if they follow suit with their way of fixing things.

Last edited:
It'll take months before blizz will give a flying fuck if they follow suit with their way of fixing things.
Something this big in the lower brackets won't go on that long. Especially something so blatantly fixable like this. They're going to slap "Requires Blacksmithing (400)" on the sockets next week.

Something this big in the lower brackets won't go on that long. Especially something so blatantly fixable like this. They're going to slap "Requires Blacksmithing (400)" on the sockets next week.

The leg exploit lasted months, this will too. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
The leg exploit lasted months, this will too. Just my opinion.

Possibly, but the OP bandages that haunted the 39 and 49 brackets (which Blizzard eventually put level requirements on) only lasted from 4.0.3 until 4.1 i.e. four months, and that only affected maybe 100 active players? This issue will have an order of magnitude greater impact, with an even easier fix.

Can anyone tell me How this trick works? In details. None here have gone spesificly into details in how, only the posibility.
Thx in advance, Awakenedmyth

Low level twink brackets are in too much of a disarray to be F**king with OP exploits.

Step one:

Get blacksmithing (Don't need to level the skill at all, just get the profession)

Step two:

Get bracers and gloves from a dungeon

Step three:

Find a blacksmith to socket them for you (I haven't actually done the exploit but I strongly believe it's done in the trade window in the 'Do not trade item' window of trade. [You may need to give the blacksmith 8 strong flux]

Step four:

Buy beneficial WOTLK gems.

Step five:

Socket bracers and gloves.

Step six:

Profit / enjoy.

My personal spin on this? While I haven't done this on any of my twinks Davetango or Ðavetango. I really could care less just because it's virtually the same as all the other exploits that have gone on with twinking, if people wanna have fun? Fuck it. have fun. if you don't like it? Don't play, or just do it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that people are encouraging this screams that certain forum users twink for the wrong reasons. Either way, whether OP condemns or supports this, which he says he condemns; posts like this need to be removed because it promotes malicious twinking, even if it isn't intended.

posts like this need to be removed because it promotes malicious twinking, even if it isn't intended.

Everybody would've known about it sooner or later. It was also posted multiple times in different bracket forums and on ownedcore. If you know about it, you still have the option to not do it or do it. Posting it this way it gets more widespread attention and possibly might fasten a fix. However, I do think the best way to handle this was making a post on the official forums, as Bwappo did.

The fact that people are encouraging this screams that certain forum users twink for the wrong reasons. Either way, whether OP condemns or supports this, which he says he condemns; posts like this need to be removed because it promotes malicious twinking, even if it isn't intended.
im sorry, is getting a more balanced bracket considered "twinking for the wrong reason"?

Re: Exploit On The Loose! All kinds of enchantments available on dungeon gear!

Was meant to be a catchy title to get people to read about it. The exploit itself is no longer posted in the article as that wasn't necessary for exposure.

I'd love to see some real evidence that people are actually getting banned or striped of their gems from a person who was actually banned or striped of their gems first hand. But rather, it's just a bunch of haters that do not remember the true meaning of twinks that just wish for everyone to get banned because they are awful. These people clearly do not recall the vanilla "exploit" of the librams to the head and legs or the BC "exploit" of legarmor kits which lasted ALL OF BC. If you do not agree with an item then that's fine; just don't be a scumbag and make up lies about it becasue you don't like it and post real facts rather being a fake ass twink who's lost its roots or never had any to begin with.

I'd love to see some real evidence that people are actually getting banned or striped of their gems from a person who was actually banned or striped of their gems first hand. But rather, it's just a bunch of haters that do not remember the true meaning of twinks that just wish for everyone to get banned because they are awful. These people clearly do not recall the vanilla "exploit" of the librams to the head and legs or the BC "exploit" of legarmor kits which lasted ALL OF BC. If you do not agree with an item then that's fine; just don't be a scumbag and make up lies about it becasue you don't like it and post real facts rather being a fake ass twink who's lost its roots or never had any to begin with.

I don't think anyone is lying or being a scumbag about this situation. Many people feel strongly about the effects that this exploit may or may not have on the community, beyond the short term 'lulz' of powering up your character. The simple fact of the matter is that the game was not intended to work this way and allow low level tinkers the ability to socket wotlk level gems in their gear.

The fact that the exploit itself is so convoluted that you literally have to be insanely lucky or jump through massive hoops to perform it, should give you an understanding of why this exploit can be so detrimental to the community. Yes, everyone can do it. No, not everyone wants to or is willing to. It's not just because of laziness, either. Most tinkers would welcome the opportunity to socket these gems and jump through as many hoops as it takes, rightfully so, because that IS the true spirit of tinkering.

However, risking action being taken upon your account, or even worse, watching people leave the bracket because they don't feel like they should have to deal with this, is another thing entirely. This exploit is not like the ones of old, where Blizzard just turned the other cheek as thousands of players utilized leg armors and shoulder/helm librams to min/max with. Those were present ages ago at a time when Blizzard wasn't sure how they wanted to handle the whole 'twink movement.' Now days, Blizzard is sure of how they want to handle anything that allows tinkers to participate in exploiting defects within the intended design that allow for game play that was not intended by the game designers.

It's not a matter of dishonestly, rather a matter of keeping everyone honest.

i'm still skeptical of anyone getting banned. Come to find out you can put a gem on your belt also using the same steps and you don't even need to be BS for that. Take a look at this lvl 49 mage who just socketed a belt...... I am not sure if he can actually put a gem in that or not as of yet but I'd do it just for the extra kicks when someone mouses over your toons items.
tumblr_m1183m3HOM1rs0mzl

Users who are viewing this thread