Dragonflight Stat Squish

imagine being able to be bis without pumping millions of gold

i think for some slots, BoE (whatever rarity) will still be BiS.

so everyone will need those pieces to complete their set, this drives up the demand for those few pieces.

as a result, chances are, most twinks will still need to pump out millions of gold to be BiS.

upload_2022-10-4_15-37-22.png

confusingly this dungeon quest reward which procced to epic is ilvl 87, wonder what happened there

i think for some slots, BoE (whatever rarity) will still be BiS.

so everyone will need those pieces to complete their set, this drives up the demand for those few pieces.

as a result, chances are, most twinks will still need to pump out millions of gold to be BiS.

Rn from a 20s gearing perspective my trinket combo is going to be https://www.wowhead.com/item=109997/kihras-adrenaline-injector?bonus=6710 (epic proc) along with with https://www.wowhead.com/item=155881/harlans-loaded-dice?bonus=4777:1473 (socket proc). Wod epics seem to be the move for neck, rings and cape too. All base gear will be filled with BC dungeon gear. I see no room/space for green legion boes

I am referring to boe's like singing, that's why I said "whatever rarity".

I might be biased because I bought 2 i35 singing for 2 mil.

Edit: really excited for all of these changes. Based on my experience, when everyone gets exponentially stronger, meta gets much less bursty.

Last edited:
I am referring to boe's like singing, that's why I said "whatever rarity".

I might be biased because I bought 2 i35 singing for 2 mil.

we'll have to see about SCA because right now it isnt proccing for as much haste as live i believe? dont quote me on this though i started to gear up a toon for herald like a year ago

upload_2022-10-4_18-28-42.png

we'll have to see about SCA because right now it isnt proccing for as much haste as live i believe? dont quote me on this though i started to gear up a toon for herald like a year ago

View attachment 21933
That looks like PTR, not Beta

View attachment 21933
This is the axe on beta for me. This was ilvl 31 on live.

Attachments

• B3F14558-69BE-4EFC-8A59-26DC81FBC754.jpeg
    B3F14558-69BE-4EFC-8A59-26DC81FBC754.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 157
Not sure if this has been brought up, but on the latest build, I seem to be scaling UP in level when I enter SL Dungeons.
  • lv 51 for the Necrotic Wake - Bastion
  • lv 55 for Mists of Tirna - Ardenweld
inside of the lv 51 scaled dungeon:
  • Dungeon Epics scale DOWN to ilv 83, from 87
  • Non SL Dungeon Blues ilv 61s stay the same
  • SL Dungeon Blues stay the same at ilv 83
  • SL Quest Epic rewards scale DOWN to ilv 83, from 95
  • SL World Blue Rares scale DOWN to ilv 83, from 110
  • SL Greens scale UP to ilv 83, from ilv 75
  • Legion Greens, Holiday gear, etc stays the same
I got insta gibbed by trash... Unsoloable, probably not even 5 mannable.

Inside of the lv 55 scaled dungeon:
  • Dungeon Epics scale UP to ilv 115, from 87
  • SL Quest Blues scale UP to ilv 115, from 83
  • Legion Greens, Holiday gear, etc stays the same

While I didnt get instagibbed this time, i barely made a dent in the first trash pack before i ran out of healing cds.

Currently SL dungeons are now unsoloable.

EDIT - its important to note I was in Chromie Time, before, you had to be in chromie time otherwise SL content wouldnt scale properly for you. Will test in present time.

EDIT 2 - Once you leave chromie time, the SL zones no longer scale down to 20 and the dungeons require lv 50 to enter.

Tested a BFA dungeon - no scaling, no changes
Tested a WOD dungeon - No scaling, Gear/Journal still is required lv 40.

TLDR - latest DF build when you enter an SL dungeon, it gives you scaling similar to Korraks, where you are are godawful in comparison to the monsters. If this change trickles down to all dungeons/eras its RIP for pve, unless the scaling mechanics change.

Last edited:
@chelly Thank you so much for testing and the new info. Please report the heck out of the bugged scalling, there is still time before launch and they can still make some adjustments. Godspeed!

If this change trickles down to all dungeons/eras

I dont know where you're getting all these conclusions from but they're kind of over the top pessimistic dont you think?

As horrible as they are at this, I really doubt blizz is going to actively make everything below cap completely unplayable.... I just soloed through the first boss of a TBC dungeon that dropped gear higher than I could use - how does that promote a "trickling down" concept of broken adjustment of last expansion spreading into all content?

Is it worth is to keep rerolling for an Epic Cudgel or Mok’s Headcracker? Or are regular Quest Epics not scaling even close to Dungeon Epics.

Users who are viewing this thread