Dragonflight Stat Squish

Okay I finished all quests possible, that I know of, in bastion. Will move on to other zones tomorrow. I tried to do every possible rare as well. Got a few blue ilv 83s from rares.

found a boe cape from a chest ilv 110.

got a green quest reward that upgraded to epic for ilv 95.

I also soloed the necrotic wake, which dungeons are a joke in full WOD epic/wf currently.

looks like dungeon blues might roll epic for ilv 95 or higher in SL. And chest BOEs might be a thing

I know absolutely nothing about SL btw. So hit me up if there’s something you’d like me to test.

Attachments

• D3A56997-CD12-424E-97B0-24AB55D94FB3.jpeg
    D3A56997-CD12-424E-97B0-24AB55D94FB3.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 235
Okay I finished all quests possible, that I know of, in bastion. Will move on to other zones tomorrow. I tried to do every possible rare as well. Got a few blue ilv 83s from rares.

found a boe cape from a chest ilv 110.

got a green quest reward that upgraded to epic for ilv 95.

I also soloed the necrotic wake, which dungeons are a joke in full WOD epic/wf currently.

looks like dungeon blues might roll epic for ilv 95 or higher in SL. And chest BOEs might be a thing

I know absolutely nothing about SL btw. So hit me up if there’s something you’d like me to test.
How to get to Bastion or other places?NO quest in Oribos

Difference between a legion boe at lvl 29 (ilvl81) to a shadowlands epic quest reward (ilvl95)

Attachments

• differencepic.png
    differencepic.png
    339.1 KB · Views: 243
On current beta build, TBC, Wrath and WOD dungeons are all showing as level locked in the dungeon journal.

I took a trip over to a WoD dungeon, and although the dungeon and mobs were scaling correctly for a lv20, the bosses did indeed drop blues with a level requirement of 40 and ilv 120. I reported it as a bug.

Obviously my TBC/Wrath/WOD gear on my beta toons, both existing and freshly copied, do not share that level restriction. Its possible that these dungeon drops might indeed become gfd, given the current build.

All subject to change.

I will be testing further shadowlands zones today: ardenweld and maladraxxius. Hoping for more chest BOEs and quest epics. Still have yet to see a dungeon upgrade, and im about 15 dungeons into Necrotic Wake, which doesnt mean much.
[doublepost=1664549570,1664548739][/doublepost]
Difference between a legion boe at lvl 29 (ilvl81) to a shadowlands epic quest reward (ilvl95)

The potential issue with the higher ilevel SL drops is that they may not be eligible for enchants, given current build.

If I remember correctly from the Korraks days (channeling my inner EU player) when I had the ilv 85 mythics equipped, I enchanted them with SL enchants which were the only working ones, and they still didnt work due to character level requirements.

If this is the case, I think pre SL dungeon epics with "pre SL" enchants applied will still be superior to most SL drops as they will likely not be enchantable. (given my limited knowledge)

On current beta build, TBC, Wrath and WOD dungeons are all showing as level locked in the dungeon journal.

I took a trip over to a WoD dungeon, and although the dungeon and mobs were scaling correctly for a lv20, the bosses did indeed drop blues with a level requirement of 40 and ilv 120. I reported it as a bug.

Obviously my TBC/Wrath/WOD gear on my beta toons, both existing and freshly copied, do not share that level restriction. Its possible that these dungeon drops might indeed become gfd, given the current build.

All subject to change.

I will be testing further shadowlands zones today: ardenweld and maladraxxius. Hoping for more chest BOEs and quest epics. Still have yet to see a dungeon upgrade, and im about 15 dungeons into Necrotic Wake, which doesnt mean much.
[doublepost=1664549570,1664548739][/doublepost]

The potential issue with the higher ilevel SL drops is that they may not be eligible for enchants, given current build.

If I remember correctly from the Korraks days (channeling my inner EU player) when I had the ilv 85 mythics equipped, I enchanted them with SL enchants which were the only working ones, and they still didnt work due to character level requirements.

If this is the case, I think pre SL dungeon epics with "pre SL" enchants applied will still be superior to most SL drops as they will likely not be enchantable. (given my limited knowledge)
Epic's from ToC (Trial of Champion) scales up from ilvl35 to ilvl112 now on beta. If you enchant them on live and copy the char on beta, the enchant will still be there and working. Those items might become bis, but it might be changed.

On my 25 (old 60) all raid gear is ilvl 29 and old Ironfoe is 29 as well, but new Ironfoe (i got this drop slightly later) is item level 100.

On my 15 Blade of Eternal Darkness is item level 70+.

This is all just really hard to comprehend. Especially with the old item IDs. With the exclusion of item IDs it seems to follow the same patterns everywhere except for specific zone quest reward (later xpac = higher ilvl).

Here's some level 15 numbers:
Epic (Dungeon drop): 74
WoD Epic Quest upg.: 44
WoD Epic Warforged (dungeon drops): 74
Legion Epic Quest upg.: 54
Battle for Azeroth Epic Quest upg.: 74

Last edited:
On my 25 (old 60) all raid gear is ilvl 29 and old Ironfoe is 29 as well, but new Ironfoe (i got this drop slightly later) is item level 100.

On my 15 Blade of Eternal Darkness is item level 70+.

This is all just really hard to comprehend. Especially with the old item IDs. With the exclusion of item IDs it seems to follow the same patterns everywhere except for specific zone quest reward (later xpac = higher ilvl).

The way I understand it currently is: anything that dropped prior to SL is not getting the new scaling rules applied. Anything that dropped more recently after the squish is getting scaled. This is evidenced by old unscaled vanilla epics vs ones dropped in SL after the farming method was introduced.
[doublepost=1664552653,1664552545][/doublepost]
Epic's from ToC (Trial of Champion) scales up from ilvl35 to ilvl112 now on beta. If you enchant them on live and copy the char on beta, the enchant will still be there and working. Those items might become bis, but it might be changed.

miss me with that 29 shit lol. But I’ll be sure to try and korrak summon myself there. Don’t worry lol

Reactions: Sil
Currently theres no intro quests or chrome time and all the teleporters in oribos require level 48. So youll have to get summoned in live.

Note - you need to be in any chromie time for the level scaling to show.

Just so I'm getting this right:
No intro quests or portals into Oribos at level 20
Portal OUT OF Oribos back into other capital cities - locked at lvl 48
3x Open world SL zones - scaled to 20 WITH chromie time? (what about for pure f2ps without Chromie Time? are they min lvl45?)

Aw man, I'm caught between the position of my FOMO wanting to get as many potentially GF'd gear and enchant it before the pre-patch, and the other part of me that has completely lost the drive to play since the PVP bracket changes :Sadge:

Whelp.... think how sad you'll be if everything goes back to the old 20 bracket and you dont get the grandfathered stuff. Then weigh that against how annoyed you'll be if you do and nothing changes. Odds are you'll be less bummed doing it than not.

But it does suck to grind hard and get boned by a patch, did a huge WoD epic/socket/tert farm the last time a lot of enchants got grandfathered (like at level 85 or something, not 20's) and PvP queues got ninja-re-separated in the patch that grandfathered everything I did.... that was quite annoying.

Ok, so i'm done with MW gearing for the DF launch, and it looks fine, even if I am missing one trinket, buuuut given that I cant enchant those, i'm not worried. As soon as the beta scaling hits the ptr, I'll post another picture to show the changes as well.

Edit: I have epic gear from almost all expansions, so we can gauge any outlier in gear that might present itself, upon further changes in the build.

Attachments

• MW epic set.JPG
    MW epic set.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 235
So, I'm wondering if this is the end of world farms...?
I've really enjoyed them, not to mention the G's eared.
While there are still a handful of trinks & rare world-drop bits of gear that come from world farms,
if the green BoE's are sub-par, I'm deeply concerned that this is closing the doors on that.

Why Blizz ever made greens better than blues and even epics is a testament to how awful they are at design.

So if they're making some move to revert that, even as ass-backwards as they'll go about it... good on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread