Dragonflight Stat Squish

Do any of the mid brackets or even end game characters see such a wild difference between quest reward ilvls and dungeon ilvls? Seems pretty borked that a quest reward blue is ilvl 47 and a dungeon blue is ilvl 61

(and then I've got rare drops that are ilvl 47, 52 and 61, depending on xpac)

upload_2022-9-29_16-24-6.png

farmed the higher ilvl relics for a bit looks like artis being enabled again wont amount to much since even if this isnt a bug and relics get a use again the artis will end up ilvl 60 max (at least for 20s)

whether they are enabled or not though right now new relics dont do anything as they dont increase stats/ilvl

Attachments

• upload_2022-9-29_16-19-39.png
    upload_2022-9-29_16-19-39.png
    2 MB · Views: 103
Do any of the mid brackets or even end game characters see such a wild difference between quest reward ilvls and dungeon ilvls? Seems pretty borked that a quest reward blue is ilvl 47 and a dungeon blue is ilvl 61

(and then I've got rare drops that are ilvl 47, 52 and 61, depending on xpac)
At 50 you get ilvl 57 gear from timewalking dungeons and ilvl 55-59 green-epic) from quests, dungeon normal ilvl is 60. Mythic dungeon ~87, normal raid 100, max mythic raid gear is 130s with 2/3 140s. World quests give ilvl 81, and a 100 ilvl item daily. Heirlooms jump over 50 ilvls from 50-51. SL quest gear is 90 for 48-50.

So the gear spread isn’t that huge if you don’t consider the endgame activity at 50, but you are somehow supposed to make up that 60-80ilvl gap in 1 level if you are a fresh leveling toon heading 47-51+. Now that big endgame gap is being spread out over each level instead of placed at one(50).

60 toons loot 164ilvl quest items, can buy full sets of 233 ilvl, base mythic dungeons drop 288, base conquest gear is 288 in pvp. End game is 304/311.

Much bigger spread here. remember that 50 underwent the same ilvl squish the whole game did in SL. Going from ilvl 485, to 130. Now instead of doing that for Df 60, blizzard just seems intent on spreading out SL ilvl range gap from season 1-3 throughout the entire leveling experience. This is in addition to the 60~ ilvl being distributed from bfa 50-51.

When I get a chance, one thing I’m interested in, is if the ilvl of 60 quest gear will be increased

View attachment 21896

relics seem to be a higher ilvl too but cant see what ilvl they give to our weapons. i wonder if there's a chance that our artifacts can push higher than ilvl 87?

I’ve already done all the artifact relic rewarding quests during SL prepatch, however if blue relics from dungeons drop at ilv 61 plus the potential chance for them to proc epic in the new build then I’d say it’s a great chance that artifacts can scale beyond ilv 87 for 20s. Time will tell here pretty soon

blue relics from dungeons drop at ilv 61 plus the potential chance for them to proc epic in the new build

Wait, so... is legion epic dungeon stuff a thing, a hope/dream, or do you just not know that only WoD does that.

Not being insulting, missed a lot here in this thread I guess.
[doublepost=1664489334,1664484659][/doublepost]Also just got the email, DF launches Nov 28... so that's 2 months to fug everything up. Not sure how bad Blizz can do in only 2 months. :KEKW:

Im setting up copies of my toon in each of these zones so ill be testing tonight.
[doublepost=1664499698,1664499661][/doublepost]Currently theres no intro quests or chrome time and all the teleporters in oribos require level 48. So youll have to get summoned in live.
[doublepost=1664502074][/doublepost]Note - you need to be in any chromie time for the level scaling to show.

Every dungeon ive tried to get into so far required lv 45. Will keep trying. Also not seeing any quests yet. So there may not be much to test in current build.

Are they going to change the enchant and gem requirements if ilvls are now so different?

They havent yet, so enchant anything and everything NOW with old world enchants before the bump.

I was able to get an SL quest reward to upgrade blue = ilv 83 for a lv 20. Ive heard they can also proc socket/tert and upgrade to epic as well.

The new grind is soon.
[doublepost=1664505347,1664504163][/doublepost]SL Epic Quest Upgrade = ilv 95 @ 20. Dear god.

Where did you start the quests tho? Were you able to just pick them up in any zone?

I was able to pick them up in the zones themselves. Nothing from chromie time or in oribos. yet.

I found a chest with a Blue BOE @ ilv 110 for lv 20.

There was also a green in there with level requirement but had a socket.

I was kinda hyped for full epic grind, now with SL gear being bis, and it mostly being stuff that is 1 attempt / char I’m less hyped.

But SL scaling has been out for some hours, and it’s not even working properly yet, we we might see some changes.

Users who are viewing this thread