Don't feel bad about being a 24.

Sorry to go off topic, but I feel this just had to be addressed...

The fact that moderators are generally supposed to be neutral parties makes you liking any post kinda shitty. You come across as having favorites which then makes you an untrustworthy mod. ImHo if you're wanting to like posts don't do it as a mod. Instead have a second acct separate from your mod acct to like stuff on.

Mods are supposed to be neutral between 2 conflicted parties. However, they are not neutral when it comes to representing TI & supporting good content. Mods liking good posts sets a tone for the site, and there's nothing shitty about it. Yde is one of the kindest & most cherished members of the community, and her history of good content, level-headed weighing of conflict situations, and thoughtful liking of posts that build upon the community are largely how she got into a moderator position. Moderators are chosen for their history on the site, not random people brainwashed when they take the responsibility. & approximately what would having a second account for liking posts even accomplish? Yde can't even keep her in game identity a secret when she rolls a random-name toon on a dead realm, what makes you think having a separate account for liking would represent her opinion any less than her moderator account?

On topic: 24s might be ok people and this part of my post doesn't make up for the content I'm actually contributing.

The old Drayner was all a lie. I am 41, unmarried, no kids, living in mom's basement. My mom gets $100/mo from obama to support me.

Who he is irl is irrelevant. He gets on this game like everyone else to enjoy himself and gets a break from life and its unexpected surprises. Drayner is not a personal friend or Guildie I just don't like people getting flamed that don't deserve it. He's one of the few knowledgable & informative people on these forums.

Get on back on topic & Lets move forward to Douchebag 24s lol

P.s. as far as Mods are concerned. They always been fair with me even in past when I was a bad Badger.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that moderators are generally supposed to be neutral parties makes you liking any post kinda shitty. You come across as having favorites which then makes you an untrustworthy mod. ImHo if you're wanting to like posts don't do it as a mod. Instead have a second acct separate from your mod acct to like stuff on.

I am intrigued how you conclude that someone is untrustworthy through having 'favourites'. There are many great posters on this site, and many trolls too.. We can't just be infracting the trolls and not appreciating those who post great comments.. Credit where credit's due!

p.s I'm completely neutral. I hate everybody equally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who he is irl is irrelevant. He gets on this game like everyone else to enjoy himself and gets a break from life and its unexpected surprises. Drayner is not a personal friend or Guildie I just don't like people getting flamed that don't deserve it. He's one of the few knowledgable & informative people on these forums.

Hey. Thanks for the support but it's cool....
1. We don't even know if was "flaming" me. Since I don't recall ever interacting with the user, I am unsure what his "opinion of me" is. It could be a favorable opinion, although I doubt it.
2. It was my fault for airing my dirty IRL laundry.
3.Being knowledgeable and informative is something that I used to be. Those days are way past me, but thanks for the compliment anyhow.

I agree with Honey Badger in that we should probably get this back on topic. My bad for helping us get offtopic.

Way to miss a point dude! 10/10

I'm missing the point? Really? This game is designed specifically to affect your human instincts at a very basic root level. Ever heard of a Skinner Box? If not look it up. This is a game, a means which most of us use for relaxation and entertainment. When it becomes more than that it's quite concerning.

Actually here you go.....enjoy

"Developed by B. F. Skinner, a Skinner box is a chamber that contains a bar or key that an animal can press or manipulate in order to obtain food or water as a type of reinforcement. The Skinner box also had a device that recorded each response provided by the animal as well as the unique schedule of reinforcement that the animal was assigned.

The design of Skinner boxes can vary depending upon the type of animal and the experimental variables. The box is a chamber that includes at least one lever, bar, or key that the animal can manipulate. When the lever is pressed, food, water, or some other type of reinforcement might be dispensed. Other stimuli can also be presented including lights, sounds, and images. In some instances, the floor of the chamber may be electrified.

What exactly was the purpose of a Skinner box? Using the device researchers could carefully study behavior in a very controlled environment. For example, researchers could utilize the Skinner box to determine which schedule of reinforcement led to the highest rate of response in the study subjects."

Make no misconception that everything done by this game is done for profit..think freely and let's all try to keep being manipulated at a bare minimum....don't be a lemming. Enjoy your day. Your friendly neighborhood notalent facerolling 24 ....Cheers!

So mods aren't players like the rest of us. F2p forum is just for discussing f2p. This forum is for all 20-24

So mods aren't players like the rest of us. F2p forum is just for discussing f2p. This forum is for all 20-24

So should 24s get their own forum too? I am always part of society that doesn't get special clubs/groups/forums/benefits based on the color of my skin, type of account I have in Wow, religion, or nationality.

I'm missing the point? Really? This game is designed specifically to affect your human instincts at a very basic root level. Ever heard of a Skinner Box? If not look it up. This is a game, a means which most of us use for relaxation and entertainment. When it becomes more than that it's quite concerning.

Actually here you go.....enjoy

"Developed by B. F. Skinner, a Skinner box is a chamber that contains a bar or key that an animal can press or manipulate in order to obtain food or water as a type of reinforcement. The Skinner box also had a device that recorded each response provided by the animal as well as the unique schedule of reinforcement that the animal was assigned.

The design of Skinner boxes can vary depending upon the type of animal and the experimental variables. The box is a chamber that includes at least one lever, bar, or key that the animal can manipulate. When the lever is pressed, food, water, or some other type of reinforcement might be dispensed. Other stimuli can also be presented including lights, sounds, and images. In some instances, the floor of the chamber may be electrified.

What exactly was the purpose of a Skinner box? Using the device researchers could carefully study behavior in a very controlled environment. For example, researchers could utilize the Skinner box to determine which schedule of reinforcement led to the highest rate of response in the study subjects."

Make no misconception that everything done by this game is done for profit..think freely and let's all try to keep being manipulated at a bare minimum....don't be a lemming. Enjoy your day. Your friendly neighborhood notalent facerolling 24 ....Cheers!

chris-rock-huh-face.gif

Nice! Rock is the man!

5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted | Cracked.com

Wow = The mother of all skinner boxes.

The Daily Grind: What was the best random drop you ever got? | Massively

Are Video Games Putting You in a Skinner Box? : Psychology & Neuroscience • Rational Skepticism Forum

Maybe this will help....

My point is that WOW is a video game..a VIDEO GAME for pete's sake.... and all this back and forth, irrational emotional responses, "walls of text and flaming" is telling and pretty sad. Find your self worth in reality.... Open your mind.

Yeah it's just a video game, but you're playing with and against real people. It'd do everyone a lot of good if a larger portion of the community actually realized this and acted accordingly.

Simple human kindness goes a long way brother. The world needs more of it.

So should 24s get their own forum too? I am always part of society that doesn't get special clubs/groups/forums/benefits based on the color of my skin, type of account I have in Wow, religion, or nationality.

Well I don't think so because that forum is supposed to be for discussing things that apply only to f2p like achieves, farming, and how best to do professions such as what order to take and drop them. Now I do think some of the posts there should be moves here at times.

Honestly I think it should be a sub-forum of this one like rate a Twink and guides.

Simple human kindness goes a long way brother. The world needs more of it.

how can kindness come from a fully enchanted 24?

Also you are missing a paladin to complete your whole set. Just sayin

People are too caught up in the levels. People play how they want to play wether its FTP or 24's honestly I have met more FTPs who are rude than 24s. That being said I have met some cool FTPs as well. ASSHATS are on both sides of the fence here.

HANGFIRE is one of the coolest people I have met playing WoW and always plays objectively in BGs. TOO much bitching not enough queueing.

You're flaming me for my character choices? Heh....you're bigger than that right? Maybe I'll make one...you make them seem fun ;)

For you maybe. For me it lasted for at most a month before I stopped farming levellers like a complete scrub, and started going after other, better geared twinks.

Wrong. It bit the dust thanks to lack of merged battlegroups and a requirement for full teams. I suggest you try reading outside this section of the forums, because you might then notice that there is activity in other, XP-locked brackets. In fact the forum sections for both 20-24 and 10-14 have less activity than 70s, 19s and f2ps, so it would seem that twinking is doing just fine without steamrollers.

And we have the usual excuse favored by the truly apathetic.

It's a video game? So you're judging video games as a form of creative media to be inferior to other forms of art, like literature, theatre, music or film? As a form of participatory entertainment to be inferior to conventional sports, despite play at high levels requiring just as much dedication? The Olympics, Superbowl, World Series, World Cup, etc. are just games. No-one fails to take those seriously, and none of them have half as many players as WoW. Sure they might mostly be casuals, but how many of the casuals having a kick about in the park are doing it to 'own noobs', and otherwise ignore the basic principles of good sportsmanship, claiming 'It's just a game'?

I bet the same excuses were used in the past regarding all the alternatives to video gaming that I've listed above, when they were relatively new, and were competing with alternatives. Excuses used by the same kind of short-sighted people, trying to devalue other people's experiences.

-------------

Well that right there speaks volumes about the kind of person you are...

As does claiming that anyone who doesn't enjoy the same things as you must be a liar. I guess many things in your life must be so challenging that you've developed a strong aversion to being properly challenged by anything else you may choose to do.

If you think I'm lying about my twinking to get fair games against other twinks, then maybe you'd care to explain my reasons for campaigning for XP lock and separate twink only BGs, for the implementation of gear and level scaling, and for the restriction of enchants to appropriate levels? And while you're at it you might like to explain why anyone would do this.

-------------

Just because the greater part of the imbalance has been addressed, does not mean to say that the remainder can be simply ignored. Even 10% on a stat makes a difference, not to mention the availability of extra abilities.

So you're saying that the respect of WoW players isn't worth anything? Nice way to view several million people. I'd say that the people who value respect the least are those least deserving of it.

And as for my issues? I may seek out the respect of others, but at least I'm doing something beneficial to other people in the process, instead of just thinking about myself. Where would humanity be without people like me? Still in the stone age. Invention and social progress relies on self sacrifice and doing things for little other than respect, not self serving for short term material profit.

Yeah, pick rogue for your example, the one class whose ability to shine is exceedingly situational. Same kind of bias from all the people thinking f2p 20s are fine, because the hunters still pose a challenge.

-------------

Maybe because you choose to spend your $15 in order to s*** on other people.

Plenty of F2Ps spend $15 too, except they're doing it to help out a whole community, many of them just to help out that community, because they put more time into that than playing at endgame, or outside of f2p.

And as for the ones who don't have the $15? We don't feel the need to pity them, because we're helping them.

-------------

Because before the time limit was taken off the trial, the bracket did not even exist. Paying for your home does not make you responsible for it's existence, that would be down to the builders, Blizzard in this case made a new home for 20s, and then 24s moved in.

-------------

Yep. Ignorant.

Internet access isn't some luxury, it's required to function in normal life in developed countries, to the extent that many of them take its costs into account when working out how much welfare people needs to live on [1].

And given the current economic state of the 'developed' countries, and the number of people in them at or below the poverty line, $15 a month is the difference between being well fed and being malnourished. Meanwhile having internet is the difference between being able to find a job or not.

Why whould someone in that position be spending their time playing video games? Because believe it or not, it's an exceedingly low cost form of entertainment, and entertainment is another neccessity. Without access to it people and societies soon develop other problems.

And who the hell are you to decide what is and isn't a priviledge?

Blizzard made the game free up to level 20, they gave us the right to play it for free. Go read your Terms of Service and End User License Agreement. Blizzard are telling you to STFU, because right there it says paying does not give you any say in how this game is run.

F2P players have every right to play this game, because without them populating low level areas, this game would be dying a whole lot faster than it already is, as no new players would want to play a game where they start up, then can't see anyone playing.

Why does Blizzard tolerate F2P? Because it is of value to them. We are of value to them, because we perform a service that helps attract new players, which is a lot more than can be said for the kind of twinks who play the lower brackets only to steamroll newer players, making their experience worse. A type of player whose advantages Blizzard has made continued efforts to negate.

-------------

If it isn't an advantage any more, then why are you defending it, instead of saving yourself $15 a month and rolling f2p? Is it because you're too proud that you can afford $15/mo to stop doing it?

You have the option not to pay, as well as the option not to play at 24, so why are you still doing those things? Come play a F2P and then we'll talk about advantage. Until you do that you have no idea what kind of advantage you have.

-------------

So you're suggesting that everyone should just roll the most OP class? Real classy :p

Again, come play F2P before you start insulting everyone who does it. You only come off as completely ignorant.

Heirlooms were never a deal breaker, because they never provided any real advantage once you got past level 15. The biggest advantage has always come from enchants, and they're still here, and for P2Ps only.

Just so long as you don't have to queue on one.

Try to at least write something worthy of a tl;dr before using one.

-------------

Yeah, you go on massaging your ego about that $15. You'd be amazed the kind of junk that will run WoW (and it's certainly doesn't hold back how well someone can play), a $100 PC or a lucky find in a dumpster will do the job. As for the connection? In a lot of places it's included in the cheapest package you can find for your phone and TV.

You may not have much of an advantage any more playing a 24. We'll call it being carried by better players.

And you should try to actually play a F2P, and see what the real differences are, instead of doing similar.

Except that's not what every twink does, it's only what twinks like you do.

Explaing to me what part of defending your playstyle comes under not caring what people think? You may go to sleep content, but chances are you'll wake up and go on posting the same stuff.

-------------

And the larger part of those P2Ps will go back to 10-14 when they can no longer faceroll, leaving the extreme few who might actually play a fair game high and dry. People don't play this bracket on a P2P for fair games, it's either for the queues, the facerolling, or a proper challenge if they're going by f2p rules. Those people who do want fair games are already doing so at 19, 70, or any one of the other brackets that a P2P account already has access to.

Just look at the activity on these forums for the 15-19 bracket, and compare that to forum activity for 20-24 (which includes several f2ps). What might 20-24 queue times be with f2ps taken out of the 20-24 bracket, considering the actvity for 15-19 and their queues?

-------------

Except this isn't a subscription game. Not any more. It's both subscription and[/i] F2P. See above regarding ToS/EULA. Paying dosn't make it yours either.

-------------

Well some are unlikely to ever develop empathy, being borderline for one of these:

and;

as well as;

-------------

There you go again passing off your own limited view of what twinking is as the only kind of twinking. Yes, some people do it only to have as big an advantage as possible over other players.

However, there are plenty of others who do it to minimise any disadvantage they might have, so that they aren't the ones being facerolled.

-------------

No need to complain that you're dumb when you make it so obvious. It never occured to you before writing that that if you want competition you could roll a F2P? Or maybe that's just too much competition for you.

Yada, yada, ToS, EULA, get it in your heads that having money =/= rights.

Wake up, try actually thinking about the world you live in, and realise that half the crap going down in the world today is because people with money have far more power than the vast majority, and because so many dumb people in that majority are lusting after wealth too, that they keep on defending the 'right' of the wealthy to s*** on everyone else.

-------------
-------------

tl;dr

When you act disrespectfully to others, you are showing them what you consider to be appropriate behaviour, so you have no right at all to complain when they disrespect you in return.

Empathy is seeing that what you do to another person is what justifies how they act in return.

-------------

tl;dr for the tl;dr

Don't be a dick.

I enjoyed every last word!xP this should of ended the discusion

Users who are viewing this thread