Diablo 3 Starter

Gems only drop from level 15.

I bet he rolled a Leorics Crown with a socket which could not roll with a socket below said level for a long time and due to complaints from players while leveling alts they added this some time ago.

Never seen a gem goblin (classic D3 player), nor a pony goblin. With pony goblin you probably mean rainbow goblin which gives a portal to whimseydale.

Last edited:
sorry for bringing this old thread up, but i love the challenge of having restriction in games, and was curious if you can have a starter edition of diablo III alongside a regular diablo III since i already bought the game? on the same account that is

sorry for bringing this old thread up, but i love the challenge of having restriction in games, and was curious if you can have a starter edition of diablo III alongside a regular diablo III since i already bought the game? on the same account that is
Pretty sure yes but mine is on a separate account so not sure. Try and add it though the battle.net website.

Pretty sure yes but mine is on a separate account so not sure. Try and add it though the battle.net website.
Ye i tried but seems you cant, so made a separate account aswell, do you still play ? if so whats your Battle tag?

d3 twinks are fun, minus the one shots and naglerings :p
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LaurentiKen-1539/hero/63117369 11/13
im sad to hear that ponyland is gone :(

whats a nagelring? whats your battle-tag if you wanna play some starter diablo? :)

Nagelring is no longer available at low levels.
In WoW I enjoy f2p more. (I have 2 inactive full accounts, so been there - done that...)
But I bought Diablo 3 last week and as it is a one time investment I think it was definitely worth it. Diablo 3 starter edition is really just a mere teaser, as WoW starter edition is a complete game (for me).

Nagelring is no longer available at low levels.
In WoW I enjoy f2p more. (I have 2 inactive full accounts, so been there - done that...)
But I bought Diablo 3 last week and as it is a one time investment I think it was definitely worth it. Diablo 3 starter edition is really just a mere teaser, as WoW starter edition is a complete game (for me).

ya i have diablo 3 bought version aswell with reaper of souls, i play it very much but i like the the challenge of playing with restrictions so i think f2p is a nice restriction

Ye i tried but seems you cant, so made a separate account aswell, do you still play ? if so whats your Battle tag?

whats a nagelring? whats your battle-tag if you wanna play some starter diablo? :)
Not sure it's the same as my D3 account is EU and my WoW is US but tacticz#1394 No I don't play much but could get back on.

I reinstalled D3 today and did a couple of runs - and we have dyes now! My character doesn’t look like a multicolor potato anymore.

Also, wasted like 100k and lots of mats trying to hit „-level required” and just now re-read previous posts by @Hashbrowns ...

Now trying to get some Magic Find items as I have 0%, and a Nagelring (which also has MF so that’d be amazing)

Anyone willing to give this a go again? Maybe do some testing? Can we trade? Any way to get gems @13? And show off your banks!

Edit: According to this list of items lots of things are now GFd :O I'll never find a req 13 Nagelring T_T. Also, if level requirements on this list are all correct, there are no magic find items obtainable. I wonder if we can reroll some stats over at the enchanter for Magic Find?

Edit2: Answering a question from one or two years ago and just to keep this thread complete: according to this wiki article magic find in D3 now boosts your legendary find chance by 10% of your MF boost (so if you had 44% Magic Find, your legendary find chance would be +4.4%)

Last edited:
Didn't it get nerfed as far as Starter Edition aspect of it goes? I remember reading something of that nature.

So I've made a video about Diablo 3 F2P, and since I downloaded it I decided to do a few runs and get a few achievements.

bQlYlNO.png

w27sSBD.png

XXeY9PD.png

Also calculated how many points I can get, and I'm fairy certain I can get to 1000 total achievement points without too much hassle, 1200 would take some harder grinding and 1300-1400 would probably take years.

For one of the achieves I need to salvage an amulet. Because the only salvageable amulets in F2P are legendaries, and I only have one (mine), I needed to go and get one. Lo and behold:

NqP4NED.png

It turned out to be a new one, so I want to keep it as I'm going for every single legendary obtained. So I need to loot one more >.<

I need to get a Demon Hunter to 13 and could get some multiplayer achievements, so if anyone is up and wants to try the F2P game, or already has and is up for a few runs, let me know :)

A new Squirt's Necklace is available and it's a nice one.
The damage bonus (active most of the time) is speeding up my farming significantly.
Elites fall in masses with one AoE hit from my wizard.
Just give Moonlight Ward to your follower.

Squirt's Necklace
  • Legendary Amulet

• Primary
    Critical Hit Damage Increased by [51.0 - 100.0]%

Secondary
    +[71 - 80]% Extra Gold from Monsters
    While not taking damage, damage dealt is increased by up to 100% and damage taken is increased by up to 50%.
  • One of 3 Magic Properties (varies)
    • +[626 - 750] Strength
    • +[626 - 750] Dexterity
    • +[626 - 750] Intelligence
  • +3 Random Magic Properties
  • Account Bound

Users who are viewing this thread