Current 8.1 PTR notes?

I reckon if they made sprint usable in the 19 bracket that would make them more viable, was sad when I clocked on that I couldn't use sprint on my 19 rogue.
Shadowstep instead of cheap shot would be a better option.
Sprint is already compensated by speed potion everyone got access to.

Man they really need to bring back more complex moves
Say the aim shot thing they could make it shoot on the move for 50% less damage or if you stand still while casting the full duration it deals like 300% dmg or smth
If you are talking about https://www.wowhead.com/spell=5143/arcane-missiles then hell no.
the only bearable thing about current state of it is the ability to moving out of the range.
legion version of mages was better if u want it more complex.

As someone who plays endgame arenas... thank fuck they are changing Priest’s Shield. Dumbest shit atm.
Feeling like shield nerf wont solve the problem. Penance on move and overall extreme heal numbers is bigger issue imo.
No healer should ever be able out heal 2 dps on him at any bracket.

I'm at work and the link is filtered, you able to copy/paste what it says or summarize it for me please? :D
*Tank trink heirloom with 3 stam, dodge and bonus armor with an on use that boosts versatility to "party" (not raid) members by X for Y seconds on a 2 minute cooldown
*DPS trink heirloom with 6 haste with on use that boosts haste to party
*DPS trink heirloom with 6 crit with on use that boosts crit to party
*DPS trink with +6 primary stat that reduces threat on use
*Tank cloak with 4 primary stat, 2 dodge, 2 versatility and 2 bonus armor

*Tank trink heirloom with 3 stam, dodge and bonus armor with an on use that boosts versatility to "party" (not raid) members by X for Y seconds on a 2 minute cooldown
*DPS trink heirloom with 6 haste with on use that boosts haste to party
*DPS trink heirloom with 6 crit with on use that boosts crit to party
*DPS trink with +6 primary stat that reduces threat on use
*Tank cloak with 4 primary stat, 2 dodge, 2 versatility and 2 bonus armor
hmm, none of them really stand out in all honesty.

If you are talking about https://www.wowhead.com/spell=5143/arcane-missiles then hell no.
the only bearable thing about current state of it is the ability to moving out of the range.
legion version of mages was better if u want it more complex.
Nah I think this xpacs arcane missile spam is dumb, its literally one of the spells I was talking about that didn't need much thinking . I meant more complex spells like alter time back and stuff like that

Last edited:
Does it? that may have slipped my brain, if that's the case I've definitely been using it wrong in the 19s bracket. rip me
Ýup it can dispel priest shields and druid HoTs
Very strong, but not as strong

Clicking through to the trinkets shows different stats than hovering on them. Looks like bonus armor is taken out, which makes sense because it got removed from the game basically. The threat reduction one remains, which might help with no-heirloom tanks.

* Cloak - 4 primary, 6 stam, 2 haste, 2 verse - inferior to cape of the brotherhood with 2haste/3verse
* Stam trinket - 9 stam, on use: increase verse of allies by 2? for 20s? (the active numbers are a bit hard to tell) - more stam than we normally get. May be new BiS for flag carrying - or at the very least a possibly easier-to-obtain one than defending/returning champion.
* Caster trinket - 6 int, on use: increase haste of allies by 2? for 20s? (scaling is weird on ptr wowhead) - A slightly different option than the mana-return int trinket we currently have. This one sounds better unless your class runs out of mana often (missiles mage cough cough). If the active is good, then it might see a lot of competitive use in nuking a target down.
* DPS trinket - 6 primary, on use: reduce threat by 75% for 30s - HELLO. New BiS for agi users for sure, and prob all str classes as well. Str users might still want the current haste and rely on crusader for str (or just stick with stam/verse options). Active is useless in pvp and honestly probably in pve too.
* Crit trinket - 6 crit, on use: increases crit for allies - with crit being pretty meh for many classes and the new DPS trinket existing, this is likely not going to be a common option. Fire mages and destro locks rejoice?

The on use effects buffing allies might be interesting depending on scaling. Currently wowhead is showing 2 and 31 in various places. We'll see when it goes live. Depending on the numbers and how they stack, we may see some interesting competitive use out of it. My guess is the buff doesn't stack (can't do haste + haste), but we'll be able to do one of each (haste + verse + crit). A midfight where those all get used at the same time and a new target gets focused should be interesting.

Looks like these are sold from a new pvp vendor in 8.1 for a new currency that seems to be tied with warfronts (and maybe war mode?).

"Aimed Shot - No longer deals 50% increased damage to targets hunter has not damaged."

I've been playing MM hunter the last week or so and I noticed the tooltip changed from 50% to 25%, now it says 15% increased damage.. Am I going crazy?
its been nerfed for a while and I think they might have nerfed it again, I remember in prepatch it was hitting levelers for 1k and twinks for 600-800.

Blizzard: "Let's give frost mages Frigid Winds talent, making slows absolutely obnoxious."

Also Blizzard: "Let's completely fuck up frost mage slows, and take that vital, core part of the spec and throw it out the window."

Sensible employee: "Or we could just rework Frigid Winds."

Blizzard: *throws sensible employee out the window as well*

I love this company.

The best classic so far though.

Blizzard: "Priests are mana burning their way to rank one. If everything fails, you can just set up a go and spam mana burn the enemy healer. This isn't really a proper win condition, we should do something about it!"

Blizzard: *Removes mana burn from priests*

Blizzard: "BFA looks nice guys, but we gotta think about that new class we're about to implement into the game. Demon cunter or something like that..."

Blizzard 2 week intern: "It's called Demon 'hunter', sir..." *Mvq snort* [...] and it has insane mobility, incredible sustain damage, aoe and single target stun, incap, aoe immunity, self immunity, can fly up in the air and can not only dispell, but deflect the unfriendly magic effect of an opponent back onto themselves. Oh, and of course; you remember that mana burn you knew was so bad for the game, and decided to take out because you didn't like free win conditions? Well, we haven't tried giving it to a melee yet! It's basically Batman, but this one's 'utility belt' is way better in every way. Batman ain't got shit on virgin hun- I mean Demon Hunters."

Blizzard: *applaud*

Clicking through to the trinkets shows different stats than hovering on them. Looks like bonus armor is taken out, which makes sense because it got removed from the game basically. The threat reduction one remains, which might help with no-heirloom tanks.

* Cloak - 4 primary, 6 stam, 2 haste, 2 verse - inferior to cape of the brotherhood with 2haste/3verse
* Stam trinket - 9 stam, on use: increase verse of allies by 2? for 20s? (the active numbers are a bit hard to tell) - more stam than we normally get. May be new BiS for flag carrying - or at the very least a possibly easier-to-obtain one than defending/returning champion.
* Caster trinket - 6 int, on use: increase haste of allies by 2? for 20s? (scaling is weird on ptr wowhead) - A slightly different option than the mana-return int trinket we currently have. This one sounds better unless your class runs out of mana often (missiles mage cough cough). If the active is good, then it might see a lot of competitive use in nuking a target down.
* DPS trinket - 6 primary, on use: reduce threat by 75% for 30s - HELLO. New BiS for agi users for sure, and prob all str classes as well. Str users might still want the current haste and rely on crusader for str (or just stick with stam/verse options). Active is useless in pvp and honestly probably in pve too.
* Crit trinket - 6 crit, on use: increases crit for allies - with crit being pretty meh for many classes and the new DPS trinket existing, this is likely not going to be a common option. Fire mages and destro locks rejoice?

The on use effects buffing allies might be interesting depending on scaling. Currently wowhead is showing 2 and 31 in various places. We'll see when it goes live. Depending on the numbers and how they stack, we may see some interesting competitive use out of it. My guess is the buff doesn't stack (can't do haste + haste), but we'll be able to do one of each (haste + verse + crit). A midfight where those all get used at the same time and a new target gets focused should be interesting.

Looks like these are sold from a new pvp vendor in 8.1 for a new currency that seems to be tied with warfronts (and maybe war mode?).

Looking into it, it looks like the on use will increase the stat by 5. Uncertain yet, though.

Users who are viewing this thread