Confirmed Shadowfang Drop

So a guy ticketed a GM about the increased drop rates. This is the response he got:
http://i.imgur.com/pHg6Qkr.png
First of all do you think they are actually fixing it or is he just GM derping?

And 2nd: So many people have gotten their Shadowfangs etc in like 20 runs and less, some people have 200+ runs and nothing. I know this is probably just rng, but what if only old characters/accounts (or new characters) are able to benefit from this "bug" where you get zoned into an older version of SFK with increased drop rates?

sorry, but the GM is not well informed the drop rates were purposely increased.

Run1 - Nothing
Run2 - Nothing
Run3 - Pattern: Phoenix Gloves
Run4 - Pattern: Phoenix Gloves
Run5 - Nothing
Run6 - Pattern: Phoenix Pants
Run7 - Necrology Robes (15k gold)
Run8 - Nothing
Run9 - Mindthrust Bracers (5k gold)
Run10 - Nothing
Run11 - Gargoyle's Bite & Skycaller (Chests)
Run 12 - Nothing
Run 13 - Nothing
Run 14 - Redbeard Crest (Chest)
Run 15 - Guillotine Axe
Run 16 - Nothing
Run 17 - Nothing
Run 18 - Witching Stave
Run 19 - 27 : Nothing
Awesome for the moment, i'll keep you update, gonna farm all the day!

Good luck all!

Last edited by a moderator:
So a guy ticketed a GM about the increased drop rates. This is the response he got:

And 2nd: So many people have gotten their Shadowfangs etc in like 20 runs and less, some people have 200+ runs and nothing. I know this is probably just rng, but what if only old characters/accounts (or new characters) are able to benefit from this "bug" where you get zoned into an older version of SFK with increased drop rates?

It's not an older version of the dungeon, if it was it'd be fixed fast, also if it waas an older version we wouldn't be able to access all the new quests, new bosses, new mobs, new NPCs etc.

It'd be pretty noticeable if you zoned into the old SFK. RNG can be a bitch though.

Around 70 runs (500+ since 2010) now, still no SF, ASB... Can't believe that people who did it one/two times got it (gz to them!) :(
RNG can be nasty..

Btw, do someone know what's the DROP RATE of Shadowfang now ? Thanks!

PS: Damn, 4th MTB...

Last edited by a moderator:
Around 70 runs (500+ since 2010) now, still no SF, ASB... Can't believe that people who did it one/two times got it (gz to them!) :(
RNG can be nasty..

Btw, do someone know what's the DROP RATE of Shadowfang now ? Thanks!

PS: Damn, 4th MTB...
Same or doubled droprate (0.01 or 0.02) but it now drops from all mobs in SFK instead of just certain bosses :) Now is the time to farm it

Hi Snack, thanks for the information!

So, there is like 80 mobs on SFK, so the drop rate could be 0,01*80 = 0,80/run?
There are way more than 80 mobs :) but yeah if there in theory were 200 mobs it would take you 50 runs to get an SF. But theory doesn't work irl (getthejoke?)

5 Sf's in 8 hrs while people in my guild only got the other drops, my main blue drops were litterally Sf's today. Did this on 2 servers with both classic made chars. Now I'm thinking that being on an old character theory... Could it be??

5 Sf's in 8 hrs while people in my guild only got the other drops, my main blue drops were litterally Sf's today. Did this on 2 servers with both classic made chars. Now I'm thinking that being on an old character theory... Could it be??

Lucky one! No that's the same on all I guess, just RNG, in that case, i'm so unlucky!

I have done about 300+ runs with classic made char. Still no SF, AB or GS. So...

Users who are viewing this thread