Confirmed 5.3 info for F2Ps

Redesigning PvP gear altogether means BOA gear will most likely get redesigned as well. Would make no sense to remove Resilience from them and have them be completely out-classed by Justice BOA's.

I suspect we'll be seeing the Resilience Values on gear replaced with PvP Power.

This would make PvP-BoAs best in slot for every class/spec.

Dual Thrash/Kris for rogues, Thrash/BHoG for tanks, BHoG for 1h-healers/1h-casters (+Tome), GSoJ for 2h-healers/casters (and probably feral druids too), RTC for 2h-melee dps, dual-BHoG/Kris for enhancement and UDHC for hunters. As well as the Honor-shoulders for each respective class/spec and the PvP-trinket.

Which basically means, that the gear-up process for F2Ps would become incredibly easier as well as making DMF only worth farming for the BoA-chests. (and possibly the BoA-shields if they'll be available through it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now they'll all be balanced healers?

Anything that'll lead to a more balance is fine by me I suppose, But it'll be tougher to heal through burst and keep everybody up in big cross fire fights.

And then the less understanding players will rage at you more often for not keeping them up if they die... :(

Easy solution? Tell those people to go die in a fire. Players in the bracket hold their fingers in the air waiting to point it at ANYONE the moment things head south. That's how it always is and will be.

This would make PvP-BoAs best in slot for every class/spec.

Dual Thrash/Kris for rogues, Thrash/BHoG for tanks, BHoG for 1h-healers/1h-casters (+Tome), GSoJ for 2h-healers/casters (and probably feral druids too), RTC for 2h-melee dps, dual-BHoG/Kris for enhancement and UDHC for hunters. As well as the Honor-shoulders for each respective class/spec and the PvP-trinket.

Which basically means, that the gear-up process for F2Ps would become incredibly easier as well as making DMF only worth farming for the BoA-chests. (and possibly the BoA-shields if they'll be available through it)

The PvP BOA's are already BiS in my opinion. People just don't understand that PvP's balance is purely balanced around Cooldowns and the importance of Effective Health. If you have more Effective Health than your opponent, you have more time to utilize those Cooldowns against your opponent and you better your chances of winning a fight.

Easy solution? Tell those people to go die in a fire. Players in the bracket hold their fingers in the air waiting to point it at ANYONE the moment things head south. That's how it always is and will be.
It's the same in most brackets, even end-game raiding. We all have our flaws, but some people just have a knack for blaming others for mistakes it seems.
Example;
If you wipe on a boss in progression, there will always be someone to blame - most people point at others, and very few will admit it is their fault as they do not want to lose their spot in the raid team.

The PvP BOA's are already BiS in my opinion. People just don't understand that PvP's balance is purely balanced around Cooldowns and the importance of Effective Health. If you have more Effective Health than your opponent, you have more time to utilize those Cooldowns against your opponent and you better your chances of winning a fight.

Sure they are already BiS, but not for every class/spec, say Arms warrior, they simply need the crit, same as Enhancement (I play one, believe it) which simply needs the stats (especially the haste) and the weapon dmg. But IF these predictions come true they will be 100% best in slot, no matter what you play because the PvP Power simply outgears every other stat in PvP (except hitrating before cap obviously)

Btw, I'm sorry for not contributing to the actual purpose of this thread, but I don't have access to the PTR atm.

Heirloom upgrade costs shouldn't have been that high in the first place. Not sure how much that affect f2p though... since you know, we don't level to 85.

Update OP for Dax's lightning bolt while moving comment.

I read the ptr changes on Mmo-champion and Lightning Bolt being castable while moving SHOULD only work for elemental since a glyph making lb cast-while-move-able became baseline (though I see why it's not only elemental, since glyphs can be used no matter the spec)

Here's a link to what I'm talking about.

I read the ptr changes on Wowhead and can confirm, that lb's casting-while-moving only applies to elemental shamans.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about.

I see what you are saying, but that is not confirmation.

I can confirm that on PTR an unspecced shaman can move while casting Lightning Bolt. Spec doesn't matter.

I see what you are saying, but that is not confirmation.

I can confirm that on PTR an unspecced shaman can move while casting Lightning Bolt. Spec doesn't matter.

Interesting then, will change.

We really need to try to set up a time and day to test the changes on the PTR. If anyone has the motivation to try to scheule something, I'll que alliance or horde to get the 20 needed for a WSG.

Users who are viewing this thread