Come test 29 twinks stuff right now!

Because "Enchant Weapon - Spell Power" gives 16 SP to every school, IMO this is a better enchant for moonkin than 38 arcane power. The reason being that half of the time you will be damaging with nature, AND you will be rejuving people left right and centre. (Or I will at least, I really enjoy hotting people with mouse-over rejuv :p).

TLDR I feel like a limited period of activity for Sunfire on Moonkins vastly decreases its value. Any thoughts?

Were you trying your whole account or just individual characters

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

it wouldn't let me get to the point of selecting individual characters, as i recall, i'd click the character copy button in the client, the client would then pop up a window saying "copying account data", and it would just hang/loop at that point and go no further

Because "Enchant Weapon - Spell Power" gives 16 SP to every school, IMO this is a better enchant for moonkin than 38 arcane power. The reason being that half of the time you will be damaging with nature, AND you will be rejuving people left right and centre. (Or I will at least, I really enjoy hotting people with mouse-over rejuv :p).

TLDR I feel like a limited period of activity for Sunfire on Moonkins vastly decreases its value. Any thoughts?

On live, +30 spellpower is certainly better than Sunfire for a boomkin. Getting nearly double the benefit on live compared to the PTR makes +30 spellpower one of the best enchants for any caster/healer. However, because it's being scaled down so much in WoD, it's difficult to say that it's still best. Here's the breakdown of coefficients in WoD:

Starsurge - 234% 16sp adds 37.44 dmg // 38 Arcane adds 88.92 dmg
Starfire - 208% 16sp adds 33.28 dmg //38 Arcane adds 79.04 dmg
Wrath - 130% 16sp adds 20.8 dmg // 38 Arcane adds 0 dmg
Moonfire/Sunfire - 45% + 325% over 20 seconds. 16sp adds 7.2 dmg/52 dmg over 20 seconds // 38 Arcane adds 17.1 dmg/123.5 dmg over 20 seconds (adds 0 dmg when Sunfire is up)

Some of these coefficient values might be incorrect, I pulled them from Wowhead WoD version. The significant change here is that spells are no longer showing a base amount of damage (I double checked this on the PTR). So when you cast Starsurge, it's literally doing damage equal to 2.34x your spellpower. My 29 druid on the PTR has 221 spellpower, causing Starsurge to do 517 damage (which is accurate because I checked).

The main reason I would suggest using Elemental Force instead of Sunfire or +16sp is because of how often it procs, that it can proc from anything you do offensively, and that it does raw damage. 10RPPM means that it should proc about once every 6 seconds for 110-220 damage. Unless you're getting 110-220 damage from +16 spellpower every 6 seconds, Elemental Force is better. Sunfire would be better for a fire/arcane mage/destro lock, soulfrost would be better for a spriest/frost mage/affliction lock, and Elemental Force would be better for ele sham and boomkin (imo).

Elemental Force doesn't scale with gear, doesn't rely on spellpower, it doesn't even rely on getting off every cast. It will proc from every source of damage you deal, including bleeds and dots from Moonfire/Sunfire. If you're under pressure and all you can really do is spam Moonfire/Rake, you'll be getting the same number of Elemental Force procs as you would if you were free casting all your spells.

Spellpower is terrible with Moonfire (45%, lol) and requires that you stand still and cast your biggest spells for the most benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main reason I would suggest using Elemental Force instead of Sunfire or +16sp is because of how often it procs, that it can proc from anything you do offensively, and that it does raw damage. 10RPPM means that it should proc about once every 6 seconds for 110-220 damage. Unless you're getting 110-220 damage from +16 spellpower every 6 seconds, Elemental Force is better. Sunfire would be better for a fire/arcane mage/destro lock, soulfrost would be better for a spriest/frost mage/affliction lock, and Elemental Force would be better for ele sham and boomkin (imo).

Elemental Force doesn't scale with gear, doesn't rely on spellpower, it doesn't even rely on getting off every cast. It will proc from every source of damage you deal, including bleeds and dots from Moonfire/Sunfire. If you're under pressure and all you can really do is spam Moonfire/Rake, you'll be getting the same number of Elemental Force procs as you would if you were free casting all your spells.

I agree, I've been using elemental force on my boomkin for a while and it is constantly proccing. Overall it will be doing much more damage than +30sp will.

Users who are viewing this thread