Classic Twinking

Im wondering if someone will have balls for 1-9..
Also wanna go to 39 STV terror squad :3 a$$hole roug or juicy RNG WF stuff

I did some brief 19s in late vanilla and mostly 29s after that. I may do 29 again but also may look into higher brackets though.

LF U.S Guild to twink with, leveling with in first few weeks of release would be cool too. I plan to do endgame and twink PVP, fan of 29+ in particular for brackets.

Anyone who will be on U.S servers who plans to play on Horde in Retail Classic let me know.

I think most people here will be twinking :p I will be but only after I have finished getting a lvl 60, and I will (hopefully if they have it) be on an Australian realm so I don't know If it will be connected to American realms bg wise or not.

Hardly anyone here is going to be capable of making a twink in classic. Probably wont even want to after a while.
I think they could, quite a bit of twinks on the private servers I've played. Will just take a long time, a lot longer than retail :D

I think they could, quite a bit of twinks on the private servers I've played. Will just take a long time, a lot longer than retail :D
I don't think people realize the time commitment twinking is in classic. You are not going to make a twink without a main level 60. The people on private servers have had a lot of time and experience to make those twinks. People on here seem to think they're going to be twinking right out the gate.

Last edited:
I don't think people realize the time commitment twinking is in retail. You are not going to make a twink without a main level 60. The people on private servers have had a lot of time and experience to make those twinks. People on here seem to think they're going to be twinking right out the gate.
I'd be willing to wager most people here realize that it's going to take a serious effort. However, I'm also willing to bet nobody will have Twinks at the capability of the ones they have on Retail now (even without BoA gear). This is especially true if Blizz refuses Faction change to get all Quest rewards for BiS. Keep in mind, you can't have both Factions on the same PvP Realm in Classic so you'd have to Realm AND Faction change to and from a Classic Realm to make it happen. That's also a ton of Gold to grind out which will take people forever.

enchants will definitely be pretty expensive for a good while. The first to get some of the big ones will completely dominate the gulch as well- not even mentioning nax enchants.

enchants will definitely be pretty expensive for a good while. The first to get some of the big ones will completely dominate the gulch as well- not even mentioning nax enchants.

Cant wait for fresh gbs with basic chants.. If even :D

Not sure why people would even want to twink right off in vanilla. Endgame is actually fun unlike the current mess that is bfa. also if they keep the timeline as it is there wont even be bgs or the honor system for a while

they're releasing it on the last patch, so bgs and honor will already be in place, im twinking 39 off the bat in vanilla purely because the endgame is trash, so idk what ur point is.

to other posts about enchants, its not hard to self-fund in any expansion, ive self funded plenty of times in every expansion of retail and on multiple pservers, it's not as effective as having a main sure, but with the unavailable enchants until raids are progressed you have plenty of time to do it.

boes will be cheap as fk for the first couple months anyway with shadowfangs for example selling for max 100g, calling it rn.

you all have ridiculous views of vanilla twinking.

they're releasing it on the last patch, so bgs and honor will already be in place
LMAO you have no clue what you're talking about just because it will be patch 1.12 doesn't mean all content will be in game at launch currently they have the content broken into 4 stages

Stage #1: Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, Dire Maul, Kazzak, Azuregos
Stage #2: Blackwing Lair, BGs and PvP rewards, Zul'Gurub
Stage #3: Ahn'Qiraj, Tier 0.5 Silithus content, Green Dragons
Stage #4: Naxxramas, Scourge Invasion

Yes, talents and shit like that will be 1.12 but content will be progressive; BGs (or honor) won't be out at launch it seems. However, "Battlegrounds and PvP rewards" could possibly be interpreted as "Battleground rewards and PvP rewards", though that's unlikely since it's worded "Battlegrounds" which speaks against that interpretation.

lild is right for the most part, the picture painted here that it's not possible to twink without a 60 is completely false.
1) Depending on bracket, most (almost all) classes can be super competitive in shit gear.
2) Everything is super cheap for the first month since a) people are desperate to get gold for mount so they'll sell bis items for no gold at all; b) no one has any gold; c) bfa noobs don't know what items sell for good.
3) Leveling an alt (rogue, hunter, mage) to 35-something will yield transmute gold and you're also able to farm a decent amount at that level.
4) People familiar with vanilla will be able to play the AH and profit as level 1.
5) Whoever said enchants will be expensive is wrong since enchants are progressive and only shit enchants will be out at launch, 15 agi wep/gloves, 30 SP etc. won't be out for months.
6) I bought gold on retail from TBC to legion and never got caught and iirc Blizz don't even permaban for that.

Best way to gear a twink would be to no-life the first 2-3 weeks and level a main to 40-something. Ideally you should be aware of what class you wanna twink and what bracket so that you can scout AH for relevant gear at start. After 2-3 weeks you should in general have all items needed.

Users who are viewing this thread