Classic Launches summer 2019 (Official)

Uh as stated so far tokens are 100% in classic, "WTB enough gold for token on live, paying x gold on classic"

There won't be any cash shop type shit Classic that wasn't in vanilla. That means the only things we will see are transfer and possibly name changes. Nothing else, and that has been stated by the devs.

Not going to be playing unless they rework Azerite Armor in Vanilla WoW.Also I would like them to add Warmode in Vanilla

They've said that would never be in it a few times.

Seen the opposite info somewhere. Something among the lines of not from start but later on.

I think it is inevitable really.

a. Either blizzard do it or someone else will.
b. The approach people take for gold making is much more advanced now due to addons/websites/knowledge/incentive.
So it won't be as in vanilla anyway.
c. Live game gold will be used as currency otherwise.

It may also greatly benefit the game in general as the price on tokens will go even lower introducing more players to the game. It might sound strange but alot of people struggle making gold (not speaking of myself)

tbh i wish they will add different servers as times goes on for classic, tbc, wotlk and make em reset in a way once the cycle is complete. Would give a kick for another 5-6 years. Society will destroy itself probably by 2025 anyway.

Seen the opposite info somewhere. Something among the lines of not from start but later on.

I think it is inevitable really.

a. Either blizzard do it or someone else will.
b. The approach people take for gold making is much more advanced now due to addons/websites/knowledge/incentive.
So it won't be as in vanilla anyway.
c. Live game gold will be used as currency otherwise.

It may also greatly benefit the game in general as the price on tokens will go even lower introducing more players to the game. It might sound strange but alot of people struggle making gold (not speaking of myself)

tbh i wish they will add different servers as times goes on for classic, tbc, wotlk and make em reset in a way once the cycle is complete. Would give a kick for another 5-6 years. Society will destroy itself probably by 2025 anyway.

Yeap, you can buy a token on live that gets you classic, so people will trade classic gold for live gold and vice verses to get tokens. Even if its not for tokens such trades will happen for straight gold, or items or carries.

The biggest factor IMO in them making a classic server is the DMCA, it can be interpreted and is currently being fought out in court to allow nonprofits to host servers for abandoned online games, with what happened in cata Classic fits the bill, you cannot play it. You can still play every other expansion to a degree that would be defensible in court, but not classic.

Would love to be wrong on that, but even if I am I don't think it will happen, keeping all those servers up for all those expansions would not IMO be viable, more likely a set of servers that run through the entire progression and then reset or get merged with a retail server, and that's not viable for twinks. IF retail straight up dies on them then maybe, but classic subs will be used to prop up retail numbers already.

Uh as stated so far tokens are 100% in classic, "WTB enough gold for token on live, paying x gold on classic"

Enjoy getting ripped off 99% of the time, because there is no way to verify the validity and trust of the person you are dealing with.

About as safe as trading gold from one server to another. Whoever goes first is going to get ripped off, more times than not. And that's how it's always been for those kind of things.

There is a reason why those things and roll games are bannable offenses in WoW.

So no, that does not mean "Tokens are 100% in classic". That's just silly logic.

Also, it is so odd for people to refer to Warcraft as "retail" as opposed to Classic. It makes sense to refer to "retail" in comparison to private servers, but this is still just as retail.

As for saying you've seen the opposite for the cash shop? That was never posted by any devs/blues/etc. That was something posted on reddit that has no basis to it being real, and all that was said was it won't be in Classic when it's released. Which, some interpreted as "Maybe down the line then."

As far as the DMCA and hosting servers? Ridiculously unlikely. They have far better lawyers than anyone arguing for it. Also? It's their intellectual property, characters, story, etc.

Enjoy getting ripped off 99% of the time, because there is no way to verify the validity and trust of the person you are dealing with.

About as safe as trading gold from one server to another. Whoever goes first is going to get ripped off, more times than not. And that's how it's always been for those kind of things.

There is a reason why those things and roll games are bannable offenses in WoW.

So no, that does not mean "Tokens are 100% in classic". That's just silly logic.

Also, it is so odd for people to refer to Warcraft as "retail" as opposed to Classic. It makes sense to refer to "retail" in comparison to private servers, but this is still just as retail.

As for saying you've seen the opposite for the cash shop? That was never posted by any devs/blues/etc. That was something posted on reddit that has no basis to it being real, and all that was said was it won't be in Classic when it's released. Which, some interpreted as "Maybe down the line then."

As far as the DMCA and hosting servers? Ridiculously unlikely. They have far better lawyers than anyone arguing for it. Also? It's their intellectual property, characters, story, etc.

I've done multi server trades for twink gear worth literally hundreds of dollars at the time across multiple servers without issues.

I know some people who spent thousands of dollars purchasing complete twinks as well.

There will be people using classic gold to buy live gold for tokens, there will be people trading things on classic for things on the retail server etc.

Calling it retail is future proofing the post, unless BFA is going to be the last expac.

There are plenty of trustworthy people in wow, not everyone is a 12 year old using his mom's credit card to buy a shadowfang.

as to the comment of cash shop in game, I never said that.

The fact remains the case is being litigated atm,

Yes, I'm entirely aware of how that works. Buying and selling items in games has been a thing way back since Tibia and Meridan.

The fact remains, if you just willy nilly jump into trade or barrens chat and try it, versus on a site, you are going to get scammed frequently. Why? Because free stuff. Even on the most reputable sites like Markee Dragon, Player Auctions, EpicNPC, etc...Scamming happens a lot. For every legitimate seller there are a dozen scammers. It's that way with anything.

No doubt, people will buy/sell accounts and items. It's not like that was frequent in Classic originally. But to refer to it as "WoW Tokens are in classic cuz ..." is incorrect.

And "Future proofing"? I get wanting to give it a name, but just call it Classic. It's just silly.

And litigated or not, that doesn't really mean it's got much of a chance.

I remember people trying to do and sell shit in WoW for Runescape gold. It happened all the time. Saying they're going to put WoW tokens into Classic is such a hackneyed excuse to expect it to fail.

I don't have much faith in Blizzard, believe me. BFA sucks massive cock. But Classic devs are pretty open and willing to engage with the community it seems, and judging from a lot of their comments at Blizzcon, they seem to have what is best in mind, they just need pushback on a select few things.

I remember people trying to do and sell shit in WoW for Runescape gold. It happened all the time. Saying they're going to put WoW tokens into Classic is such a hackneyed excuse to expect it to fail.
I don't expect or want in to fail. I don't care much about it in general tbh.
i respect it as part of history and willing to treat it as a vacation.
However there are some fundamental things with it that are just don't appeal to me personally. atleast at this point.

other than
- tokens not being there in original game
- tokens being a way to progress faster

could you list negative things about wow tokens in classic ?

Yes, I'm entirely aware of how that works. Buying and selling items in games has been a thing way back since Tibia and Meridan.

The fact remains, if you just willy nilly jump into trade or barrens chat and try it, versus on a site, you are going to get scammed frequently. Why? Because free stuff. Even on the most reputable sites like Markee Dragon, Player Auctions, EpicNPC, etc...Scamming happens a lot. For every legitimate seller there are a dozen scammers. It's that way with anything.

No doubt, people will buy/sell accounts and items. It's not like that was frequent in Classic originally. But to refer to it as "WoW Tokens are in classic cuz ..." is incorrect.

And "Future proofing"? I get wanting to give it a name, but just call it Classic. It's just silly.

And litigated or not, that doesn't really mean it's got much of a chance.
Do stupid things win stupid prizes, the point was people will use the wow token system to buy gold on live then trade it for gold in classic, that's my point. Is it any safer than just buying gold from Susan the chinese gold farmer? Not sure, probably not, but it will be happening.

I am calling BFA "retail" not classic, does that make more sense?

Time will tell, the company isn't suing blizzard they are going after easier game, if they win they will have an established precedent that can be used to file for summary dismissals when other higher powered gaming companies sue them for hosting more popular IPs.

I don't have much faith in Blizzard, believe me. BFA sucks massive cock. But Classic devs are pretty open and willing to engage with the community it seems, and judging from a lot of their comments at Blizzcon, they seem to have what is best in mind, they just need pushback on a select few things.

I don't think it's going to fail because of that, heck I dont even think that them keeping in sharding for endgame will completely kill classic, they have tied it to the retail subscription so it will most likley stick around.

Excited about classic but pretty concerned in regards to the community becoming pretty divided between classic/live.

Real enchants and old jumps is a lot to look forward too, though.

Personally I hope they add wow tokens to classic during the stage 2 roll out. Timeline wise that's just enough that gold has real meaning to start with, but fast enough gold farmers don't have time to entrench.

In my experience trades for gold to cash in various forms have an insane success rate as long as you are careful. So yes, it will absolutely be a thing if they don't offer real alternatives.

And personally I'm a lot older than I used to be, I still can make excellent Gold per hour trading, but the truth is I make even better $ per hour so it might just make more sense sometimes to buy outright so I have more time to do the things I want to do most :)

I might play. How was pvp? BGs? Arenas? Duels? Pvp gearing?

Duels were great, and BG's were awesome. World pvp is on a tier of its own, since there was so much incentive to run around in the world, and not afk in some garrison/class hall and what have you. Tight knit server communities, as well as rivalries and drama within each respective battle group. It was glorious.

Shit felt more rewarding as well as everything took a longer time to achieve, and the good rewards (even blues) lasted you for a long fucking time.

One concern I have though... They announced that the patch would be 1.12, and the game would be at the state that is that of just before the TBC pre patch. Now, that means that catch-up mechanics that were implemented in the game at that time might actually be there beforehand, which could be a bummer to be honest, because that means certain dungeon gear will be better than pre nax raid gear. Some gear will be completely useless and swapped for the later added blue gear that served as a catch-up gearing mechanic during Naxx. This will take away a big part of the raid progression, and the reward feeling that comes with it, because why would you go through the trouble of completing raids if you can just do a dungeon and get better gear? I really hope Blizzard takes this into account, and also don't just drop Naxx on our heads instantly. Give people some time to progress and actually "feel" the game. If they fail to do that, it's gonna fall short I'm afraid.
[doublepost=1541365490,1541365092][/doublepost]

Thoughts? Not sure if this could affect twink items.

Oh shit, didn't see this post, but yeah, this is 100% my concerns. Not in twink fashion, but overall. If these catch-up mechanics are put into the game before it actually becomes relevant, it will 100% throw away any sense of progression before Naxx, which is sad. It will basically leave you with a 1/3rd of the classic experience, if not even less. Personally I don't care too much of it, as a PvP'er, but looking at it objectively, it's definitely a bad thing, since a lot of people will be expecting the progressive experience that classic brought.

all the pvp was utter garbage, 100% gear based which was okay back in the day because 98% of the playerbase had no idea how to gear or how to do the content to get the gear, everything is planned out when you ding 60 now that the achievement of getting gear is lost.

the only 'fun' you have in BGs is the equivalent of stomping levellers in a twink bracket, which is laughable.

world pvp is still a joke, yeah you can look at a panned out camera view and be amazed but from a playing pov its a hot mess with nothing valuable gained

duels are just as useless as every other expac, classes countering classes zzz

pve will be a joke too with everything getting cleared first day of content release

if you're hyping classic and think its going to be great gameplay you're an idiot, the pve is so basic and outdated where the only challenges is getting 40 people with the 3 brain cells necessary to complete it
the pvp is just a one shot fest with no real skill involved and severe class balance issues

if u idiots hyped up tbc/wotlk we couldve got a good server

the biggest joke of classic is that 30-39 is the most balanced bracket on offer, not endgame

so if im on classic thats where im headed, wouldnt mind funding xo

if you're hyping classic and think its going to be great gameplay you're an idiot
Ah.

So if people enjoy something that you don't, then that makes them an idiot.

Constructive posting, per usual Ild.

Ah.

So if people enjoy something that you don't, then that makes them an idiot.

Constructive posting, per usual Ild.

hes actually right on at least one point

39s is the best bracket
balance and ability wise

19 and 29 is literally a 2-3 button bracket. No counterplays ,19-29s you literally as a priest can have PW shield and flash heal ONLY bound and simply wade in there facetanking 2-3 geared dps twinks and you are already skillcapped.(but tbh thats not really much different as a healer in any xpac)

At least 30-39 is like 6-7 abilities or sometimes more+ interrupts.

The few issues i can think of is healers being overtuned(but thats expected because healing has always and forever been and will be overtuned to assist the retarded subhuman tier level shit).
And viper sting no CD.
Oh and PoD also making subhuman tier classes like ench shaman and ret paladins into something you cant ignore because of PoD having damage of the equivalent of a blue lvl 50ish 2h weapon too.

can you disprove anything i said tho

Sure.

all the pvp was utter garbage, 100% gear based which was okay back in the day because 98% of the playerbase had no idea how to gear or how to do the content to get the gear, everything is planned out when you ding 60 now that the achievement of getting gear is lost.
98% is a vast exaggeration. The achievement will still be there, because the dificulty difference to get better gear is still there.

PVP being utter garbage is entirely your point of view, and subjective. Gear has always been the biggest decider in PVP, not skill. That's just how it's always been. Sometimes more so then other.

the only 'fun' you have in BGs is the equivalent of stomping levellers in a twink bracket, which is laughable.
You're dictating how people have fun and what fun is to other people? That's just silly.

world pvp is still a joke, yeah you can look at a panned out camera view and be amazed but from a playing pov its a hot mess with nothing valuable gained

Nothing valuable gained? What is it you feel you need to "Gain" or "Achieve"? It's a game. It's for fun. What exactly is gained in the PVP you do now?

duels are just as useless as every other expac, classes countering classes zzz
Again, you are basing this entirely off what is fun for you. And saying because it's not fun for you, it's useless and pointless. Subjective, and not an argument.

pve will be a joke too with everything getting cleared first day of content release
If you think everyone is going to level to 60, gear up, and clear Naxx 40 on day one of release....Well, you are just wrong. Zero raids will be cleared on day one, and even with leveling being easier now that everyone knows where to go to do it the fastest way possible, it still is time consuming. No one is clearing things that fast. I'm going to guess you either forgot or simply never raided in Vanilla.

if you're hyping classic and think its going to be great gameplay you're an idiot,

Again, subjective. Your argument, yet again.."I don't like it, it's not great imo. You're an idiot because of this!". Just hogwash.

the pve is so basic and outdated where the only challenges is getting 40 people with the 3 brain cells necessary to complete it
Basic, yes. It's much more based around how tuned things are, and stat stacking than it is complex mechanics. This is not a good or bad thing. It is simply something some prefer or some do not. Out dated? Well, it's recreation of the game how it was in 2006. Did you expect something current in a remake of an old game?

the pvp is just a one shot fest with no real skill involved and severe class balance issues
Skill is still a factor, and no, it's not simply a "One shot fest". Is it more fast paced and less a mess of CC and the like (Or like resistance stacking). This is, again, something that comes down to preference.

Severe class balance issues? It's based on the most balanced time period of Vanilla. And class balance issues is something that has always existed in this game. At any given point, of any expansion. It is what it is. Saying it like its unique to vanilla and that we aren't flooded with FOTM now is just wrong.
if u idiots hyped up tbc/wotlk we couldve got a good server
Yes, because it makes perfect sense to instead bring back those instead of the original. And -gasp-...Again, this is basing on simply what you want and think is good.
the biggest joke of classic is that 30-39 is the most balanced bracket on offer, not endgame

so if im on classic thats where im headed, wouldnt mind funding xo
30-39 was probably subjectively the most balanced bracket. And, you find at many, many times in the course of this game that a certain mid level bracket is more balanced overall than end game. That's, again, not unique to classic.

But hey, thanks for offering to fund. I'm surprised you're going to play, considering you basically said Classic is no fun, it sucks, and you hate it.

beginning to think you've never touched classic or played endgame in any expansion

Users who are viewing this thread