EU Chance for upgrade?

Well yeah if it's 1/50 then getting back to back epic would be 1/2500, and that's why I said I was extremely lucky while rerolling rogues.

Or.. you know... it's not 2%.

Crazy, I know.

What would be the number for 5% again? Help me out....

And there's my point. How unforeseeable.

SO if your "data" came back as 66 epics for your 666+ turn ins... would you come here saying it's probably 10%?

Or just decide you "got lucky"....?
What would be the number for 5% again? Help me out....

And there's my point. How unforeseeable.

SO if your "data" came back as 66 epics for your 666+ turn ins... would you come here saying it's probably 10%?

Or just decide you "got lucky"....?
If my average came out to be 10 % and when i then spoke with all my friends and they had numbers that were much much smaller than I would probably reconsider and try to do some more testing.

and for 5 % it would be 1/400 but using your logic its not relevant as a bit of rng can nullify anything in this discussion and like you've said yourself I could get back to back epic on my first attempt, would that mean that it's 100 % chance then or? I don't see why you're trying to push this considering what logic you've used yourself earlier in this discussion.

And

Is all you had to say. The rest doesn't change your "data" just like it didn't before...

edit- how many rerolls did it take to get your double epics? Help me out....
What is this retarded point you're trying to push here, literally troughout the entire thread you've basically said that even if you have numbers to back up your opinion it could all just be skewed rng, you can't then later try to push a point that 5% comes out to be 1/400 and therfor you were correct because that's about how many attempts it took on my rogue. I could've gone 10000 attempts without getting double epic, would that mean then that the chanse of epics are 1/100 then or?

What is this retarded point you're trying to push here

just showing how resistant you are to "data" that doesn't suit your desired outcome. God forbid someone else's.

Also, you agreed with this post, right?
For what it's worth, that matches up pretty closely to what I've been seeing (by making mental notes of others' farming totals)... which is to say 1/7 for Uncommon -> Rare, with a secondary 1/7 check for Rare -> Epic.

So you can agree with this? Same guy... same post.
This is for "dropped" items (because posters have thus far been more-likely to hoard their "failed" drops than tally-up their "failed" quests)... but the general consensus appears to be quest-upgrades are "noticeably more frequent" by comparison.

just showing how resistant you are to "data" that doesn't suit your desired outcome. God forbid someone else's.

Also, you agreed with this post, right?

So you can agree with this? Same guy... same post.
I agree with his intial statement about the 1/7 > 1/7 but for quests as well, on drops I can't really speak as the only drop I've farmed are the boarhide leggins.

And about being resistant do data that doesnt fit with my narrative is not the case, compared to the rest of my experience that is an outlier. If you did some sort of testing and you had maybe say 20 numbers that averaged to lets say 100 and most of the numbers varied from 1-200 or close to it, but then you had one outlier which was 1000, wouldent you say that based on your small sample size that one 1000 would be an abnormal?

I agree with his intial statement about the 1/7 > 1/7 but for quests as well

So you agree with his data that suits you, but not the "general consensus" that doesn't? I thought you agreed with XPoff…?

So now its just back to you and "your friends" that have relevant opinions?

but from what I have seen (what I've personally experienced) and what I've heard (what I've heard from my close friends, people I've talked to in gs/bg's/open world and also what I've read here on xpoff) it looks to be around 1/50 or 2 %.

But I havent seen anyone agreeing that it's the "general consensus" that quest procs upgrades more often than drops, It's the first time I've heard of it and I keep up with most posts on xpoff.

Following that logic, if I say "the "general consensus" on xpoff is that quests have a 2 % chance to proc epic" it would make it true?

Well I doubt it would be a general consensus if only Sin'dor has said it. I find him a valuable source of information.

Far more than you, reasons displayed rather clearly throughout the thread.

And I believe I've read it a few times myself, and it makes perfect sense as per my experience. Weird. Maybe "your friends" have read it somewhere... just kidding, I think we all know they haven't. Right? Cuz it contradicts you...

(off to bed, im sure you'll find a multitude of ways to contradict yourself but i'm done giving you opportunity now. Nite!)

Well I doubt it would be a general consensus if only Sin'dor has said it. I find him a valuable source of information.

Far more than you, reasons displayed rather clearly throughout the thread.

And I believe I've read it a few times myself, and it makes perfect sense as per my experience. Weird. Maybe "your friends" have read it somewhere... just kidding, I think we all know they haven't. Right? Cuz it contradicts you...
Well it migth be true, it might not, we might never find out. and as I said earlier as well is that the testing I've done is mainly for myself, I've just shared what I've experienced so far. I couldnt care any less about if you value that information or not.

(off to bed, im sure you'll find a multitude of ways to contradict yourself but i'm done giving you opportunity now. Nite!)

Just like you contradicted yourself with trying to point out the chance for double epic compared to my rogue?
When just a bit of RNG could nullify it?
Goodnight man

I rerolled my hunter/druid/monk for soothsayer's epic, and the highest count I hit was roughly 16 before i got an epic proc. I did this a good amount of times hoping to double proc epics but lost interest. The same for a stint a i did going for crossbow of the hand, i never had a bad streak for an epic proc go past roughly 15~. Those are both green quest items, so the proc to epic isn't 1/250 or whatever. I truly feel every 20 you'll see an epic proc. I probably saw about half my attempts remain green, and around 25-30% of them went blue. More ancedotes, but I don't think quests follow the same rules is what i'm getting at. If anything, maybe there's a bad luck protection setup on the first epic proc, then chance to proc another epic drops past what it starts at when making a new character, which would better explain how much trouble you had with back to back procs. So say it's a sliding scale of 1-10% (this is just random numbers for ease), you start at 5% chance it'll go green to epic. After that, it slides back down to 1%, and after xyz quests, it slowly raises again until another epic rinse repeat.

Just an idea, they do have the bad luck protection in existence already, and we all know your first legendary was much faster to acquire during the first of legion, then the 2nd plummeted to barely anything until you did enough to get it back up. So the system does exist anyways, who knows if they used it.

Just like you contradicted yourself with trying to point out the chance for double epic compared to my rogue?

I didn't contradict myself as much as you'd like, the point of it was that your double epic in 400 rerolls falls right into my parameter... and you simply considered yourself "lucky". Why were you not simply "unlucky" on the PTR turn-ins?

I look forward to you getting your double epic hunter in even less than 400 rerolls. You get "lucky" and I get "right" again.

Win-win. ;) (or would you rather be "right" and have to do it 4500 more times?)

I do appreciate you sharing your data, however. Like I said, information is always helpful... when looking at the big picture.

Cheers!

bad luck protection

I was curious about this myself, as my personal experience has been similar to yours. Hard to say what's in place, as blizz cant generally help themselves from sticking their grubby little fingers into our RNG... There could be lots of variables.

Last edited:
Well, I have a theory based on elunifeimos's comment in https://www.wowhead.com/item=135539/crate-of-battlefield-goods . He says that, after opening 443 BG crates, he found that the chance of items upgrading to rare is about 1/8 (or 12,5%).

If you look at Blizzard's database, you will se that items from those crates are marked only as 'Chance to be Rare', which we can assume is equal to 1/8 (or 12,5%), while unique items are marked as both 'Chance to be Rare' and 'Chance to be Epic'.

I believe the chances of both events might be the same. So, if we want to calculate the chance of a green going epic we would calculate it in the following forms:

• 1/8 * 1/8; or
  • 12,5% of 12,5%.

Solving by fraction or decimals we ended up with the supposed chance of 1/64 or 1,5625% of a green upgrading straight to epic. Keep in mind that there might be a system increasing the odds in favor of the player after each failed upgrade roll (or even item drop).

Rares to epic should still be about 1/8 or 12,5% chance if theory is correct.

Well it migth be true, it might not, we might never find out. and as I said earlier as well is that the testing I've done is mainly for myself, I've just shared what I've experienced so far. I couldnt care any less about if you value that information or not.

Goodnight man
Im years late, but I just read this whole thread for entertainment and I can't believe people like Warglaive are real, lol. You have the patience of a mountain and he has brain worms.

You mentioned you do 29s, is that still a thing 4 years later?

Users who are viewing this thread