EU+US Bracket integration next xpack

Now your just starting to take the point of warglaive, in that your giving examples of how 111, 112, 113 etc work. That’s all fine and dandy, but you even said, they did the large increase of gems and enchants because of the xpack and wanted a seperation.

So if blizzard even draws imaginary lines, do you think they just disregard that, and will do so when bringing in 110 to bracket?

I'm not quite sure I get what you're getting at. The 111, 112, 113 examples are to show that it doesn't matter what level if the gear is the same. 110 would scale the same way. In theory, you could throw a level 70 in a 110-119 BG (70-119?) with a BfA gem in some random 70 gear, and the gem would scale to BfA numbers.

Part of the issue is that you're trying to attribute design to the system. Blizzard probably isn't specially trying to balance around scaling at 110/111. They have a scaling system and the BfA xpac scaling. Blizzard didn't intentially draw a line between 110/111. Thats just how xpacs work (and have worked as far back as I can remember). Going from previous xpac max level to the current xpac levels results in exponential growth.

Seems like every time the topic gets delved into, the bit about the fact blizzard drew a giant imaginary line from 110/111. What makes you think they will disregard that when seeing how fair it will be if they let lose the way scaling works for 111+, on 110s

What do you mean "how fair it will be"? How fair what will be? Scaling in PvP? I don't think theres any reason for blizzard to care if 110s and 111s scale the same in pvp.

You can make it as fair as possible when entering the BG, but with the current system, players with EXTREMELY high secondaries can just offset that loss they get from being scaled up. But blizzard clearly caught onto that and scaled back how 111 secondary’s tone down. So it’s like a double edged sword. Yes they have high amounts going into bgs because of the gem and enchant boost, but clearly get throttled way more than other brackets do.

So with that logic, wouldn’t a character just under that invisible line, also avoid the excessive down scaling of secondary’s so harshly? Aka 110
When did blizzard catch onto scaling 111 secondaries and what did they change? This scaling system has been in place for a long time. The latest iteration was BfA prepatch, but I'm pretty sure the base scaling showed up in WoD?

You're thinking that blizzard is intentionally picking a number to scale the OP secondaries down to. Blizzard isn't doing that. The system is scaling people up to the same point, regardless of where you start.

The other thing to keep in mind is that despite how it looks, 110s have BETTER scaling than 111. So 100 crit rating might be worth 10% crit on a 110, 9% crit on a 111, and 4% crit on a 119. So 110s are going to be hit harder than 111s because its a bigger jump. It just doesn't look that way since the gem/enchant scaling outside of BGs doesn't make it look like that.

I mean, is it not uncanning that 111 stats in bgs get halved, and coincidentally that’s the same level that gems and enchants grow 4 fold?

I think this was done very strategically by blizz, knowing those extra boosts will really be OP if they don’t tone down 111+. So is it that far fetched to think that 110, since they are below that gem and enchant boost, will also avoid such a heavy secondary pruning?

And I can't keep up. Every time I write a new response, you've added another comment lol.

Since I haven't been able to hit reply yet, I'll just re-emphasize that blizzard is not strategically doing anything special to nerf 111s in pvp. Its the same scaling system for every bracket. Theres nothing special about how it is affecting 111s. And I'll emphasize again that 110s have better scaling (effectiveness per rating) than 111s.

Going back to the big comment and the rules. 110s have better scaling than 111s. 111s outside of pvp just have better gems/enchants. Rule 2 negates those better gems/enchants - which *would* make 110s better as they have better effectiveness per rating - but since they scale up to 119 in BGs, that is negated by rule 3.
[doublepost=1552117041,1552116860][/doublepost]To add on something else to help show why blizz doesn't do anything special for 111s in pvp...

The scaling system doesn't see an OP 111 that needs nerfed for pvp. Rule 1 happens. So it isn't a 111 in pvp that needs nerfed. Its a level 119 in pvp wearing 111 gear. The same will apply to 110 if/when it joins the bracket. Its not a 110 in pvp - its a 119 in 110 gear.

Users who are viewing this thread