Bracket extremely bursty right now?

Were you "Chopped" in 19s back then? For nostalgia sake talking about it I pulled up an old Painaid fc video and saw the name pop up in the BG as a 19 hunter
nope. The first time I touched 19s was this year on TBC Classic. what a miserable bracket lol.

*chases druid FC/D Mage around various terrain jumps for 2 hours without ever getting to actually press a button*
ah yes, the pinnacle of twinking

*chases druid FC/D Mage around various terrain jumps for 2 hours without ever getting to actually press a button*
ah yes, the pinnacle of twinking

Well that was part of the skill gap. You had to get good.

There is something much more satisfying to watching a good FC juke a rogue over the top of WSG with a fake jump in BC vs watching a lock chaos 1 shot an FC in retail.

Getting good at terrain took effort and just basic good frogger type gaming mechanics.

Getting good at terrain took effort and just basic good frogger type gaming mechanics.
sure, but once everyones gotten to that point its just kinda... meh. Its at a point now where we're not trading CDs in a team fight scenario, we're just pushing spacebar until someone presses spacebar at the wrong time. Oh shit, you pressed your jump macro .3 seconds too late? guess we're resetting. Good luck in 5 minutes.

To each their own i suppose but to me a class based MMO should be about trading class based CDs in a team fight scenario. Not everyone pushing the same jump button over and over again till an FC gets so exhausted in a 2 hour WSG that they eventually make a mistake.

but once everyones gotten to that point its just kinda
But very few got to that point.

A lot got the easier ones down like hopping horde fence or dancing the roofs, but the hard ones very few hit consistently. Also there was chess game constantly played about miss direction and forcing direction commits w/o mounts to catch up.

There were only a few fc's then that could hit the hard jumps consistently and play that directional chess game well. Painaid being one of them in retaliation. Everyone wasnt doing it.

This bracket is laughably broken.

Out of playing 19s and 20s off and on since BC it has never been like this.

As far as how can anyone enjoy this bracket? Brain damage. I mean that whole heartedly. You have to have brain damage to queue up with any regularity for BGs now.

Now that levelers are completely gone and 29s are in, the veil has been lifted off the bracket, its a dumpster fire. Damage is way too spiky, and some classes (the majority) have gimped toolkits.

WoD was bursty as well, but was better than this shit imo. WoD was fun and bursty, whereas this is bursty and stupid.

The problem I see is the undergeared people playing underpowered specs the wrong way in my games thus taking the spot of a intelligent leveler who would've had more impact.

You can't play a f2p feral druid with 140 agi and wrong secondaries like a warrior and complain about hunters. I have all of the good classes fully geared and I don't see a problem with most of them even against hunters. You're doing something wrong.

The bracket is in a similar state to Explosive Shot Cataclysm on a 6s cd, and you're says that you don't have a problem with Hunters, and that people should just build the good classes correctly.

That's exactly what we need. More of the same dominant classes fighting against the same dominant classes. Like i said: Nothing ever improves.

You can't play a feral druid AT ALL if a Hunter looks at you the wrong way. That's what you're not getting. You YOURSELF said on your post before this one: Play a Fury Warrior if you want to play a Enh Shaman.

At this point why not just recommend every caster to play Hunter? It's just ranged dps, right?

literally just warlocks and hunters though.

that's a class issue not a level issue.
Mages too.

But now with combined 29s Im getting 90% damaged by earthshock and rising sun crits on my priest in full versi gear and int/versi gems. Its not even healable.

But now with combined 29s Im getting 90% damaged by earthshock and rising sun crits on my priest in full versi gear and int/versi gems. Its not even healable.

That's cuz versa is a shit stat anyway.

No but I'm wondering why everyone else has this problem but I don't, at all. I can often tank like, 8 people bursting me for about 20-30 seconds til I die, and that's solo as a warrior.

Yet everyone else around me is somehow getting one-shot by stuff like earth shock, all the time?

It's not that I don't believe ya'll it's just.. odd that it doesn't happen to me.

For pvp, no. No it isnt a shit stat.
It is. It's not worth getting vers unless you get at least 35-50% but to get to that much you have to actually gem it, and if you gem it you can't gem any other stats which means you end up with like, 45% vers and 10% or less of anything else.

And even then you only have maybe 17%-20% damage reduction which if you're already getting one-shot THAT often, won't help you much.

Coming from a guy who calls versi "shit", ill take what you say with a grain of salt.
Cope then ig.

Vers is not a shit stat. Its good even in lower numbers, especially in lower numbers since you get more out of it below 30%.

But its not also not worth worshiping it like some people do. Prio main stat and then build around atleast 1 other secondary besides vers.

You do know they make 2int/2versi gems right?
It's not worth getting vers unless you get at least 35-50%

You do realize that versi also increases damage and at 20 a lot of classes dont yet have synergies with the other secondarys like haste or crit right?

So even though haste or crit is your best secondary at 60, it doesnt mean it is at 20 right?

Right?

You do know they make 2int/2versi gems right?
I do.

You do realize that versi also increases damage and at 20 a lot of classes dont yet have synergies with the other secondarys like haste or crit right?
I do.

So even though haste or crit is your best secondary at 60, it doesnt mean it is at 20 right?

Right?
Didn't you 20s get oneshot anyway? I thought that was the main complaint here.

I have had some cool games, but a few involved 29 priest and warlocks and it was not fun for sure. I got hit by a chaotic bolt at 23XX under bareskin, basically being one shot in a <1s time frame and with a defensive CD.

I got hit by a chaotic bolt at 23XX under bareskin, basically being one shot in a <1s time frame and with a defensive CD.
Healing this bracket has been atrocious for a while.

The only healer that is bearable to me is a holy paladin because you have basically 3 instants, and uninterruptable flash ever 30 secs, bubble, loh, and some mobility. You also have a lot of armor and one of the main offenders is hunters.

20s is a dps play land for sure. Its brutal for healers. You cant even try to juke kicks because youll be dead in the juke anyway. 20s is a dps degenerate playland.

Healing this bracket has been atrocious for a while.

The only healer that is bearable to me is a holy paladin because you have basically 3 instants, and uninterruptable flash ever 30 secs, bubble, loh, and some mobility. You also have a lot of armor and one of the main offenders is hunters.

20s is a dps play land for sure. Its brutal for healers. You cant even try to juke kicks because youll be dead in the juke anyway. 20s is a dps degenerate playland.

Light's Grace > Divine Favor for anything but arena at this level. JS. Also, as someone that has mained a healer in these lower brackets for years I haven't found healing atrocious at all. If anything its more fun with everyone having more kicks and stuns to counter play. People also tend to overexaggerate how quickly they die (or maybe they just thought it was normal to be able to survive 1v4?).

Users who are viewing this thread