Bracket extremely bursty right now?

I did not exagerate, actually was surprised and checked the logs to see it was 2k3 dmg and a GCD so ~1s.

I've play a decent number of games before the split, I found the bracket unbalanced and excessively bursty, but the 29 twinks I have seen so far just put this to another level. I'm basically the old bracket leveler against those twinks currently, and I'm decently close to BIS for f2p.

I believe the proper retort to that is..."well dont let them cast it."

So good luck with that. :kms:

edit- I also feel like this is what wrath classic is going to be like in the 60-69 WSG and AB, regardless how people "remember" it being when they were there. I remember it quite differently, but could totally be wrong.

overexaggerate how quickly they die
Ive healed wow since BC in end game raiding and pvp/rbgs at around 2k as a casual, and twink brackets off and on.

Dying in a stun is nothing new, but usually the dps has to have cds at least to pair with it.

Dying while not stunned or kicked from incoming damage w/o any cds blown is broken. Its not exaggeration when single abilities are chunking 90% of your hp w/ a crit.

In 20s you just get deleted standing there.

Also, Ill take divine favor any day in a bg because you cant survive a kick and you are dead before you can juke a kick, and if you play it in a rotation with your instas, you can actually live when focused. I dont have problems keeping others alive if Im not getting focused which is where lights grace would get value.

*edit I mean to say I dont have problems keeping others alive where lights grace would of made a difference. If they die its in a gcd or before you can react. Lights grace makes no sense in a burst healing and burst dps meta where it would mostly end up as over heal.
[doublepost=1661120685,1661116995][/doublepost]
it was 2k3 dmg
Im getting earth shocked and rising sun kicked (on a clothie w/ versi stacked) for 2k by 29s and those are uninterruptable instants.

Bracket was a meme before merge now its just dead.

Just logged in on my tier-3 lock, joined bg, played 18-4 without a healer and then logged out again.

Destro is a clown spec. The base damage of abilities is way too fucking high.

Destro is a clown spec. The base damage of abilities is way too fucking high.
Thats what this bracket will be even more so of. A bunch of neck beards queueing up w/e is broken and farming ftp.

Its basically been that already in SLands against levelers but itll be a lot worse.

Dead bracket full of downs.

I’m putting my hope in DF doing something to help with PvP in this bracket.
The burst is quite disgusting actually. I’m not much of a healer, hardly ever play a healer, but it’s rendered my Misty ineffective. No use popping HoTs on anyone as they die in seconds.
My beloved Blood DK just gets nuked by Locks & Mages…. Even Druids now push out some serious magic damage.
This latest change has broken me….. the only way I feel competitive now is on my Huntard….. which I know only adds to this dumpster fire….
Let’s hope DF breathes life in this bracket!

to play devil's advocate, if this bracket wasn't bursty, you would have geared out healers with high vers / int play in a very toxic and infuriating way. some of the latest tests already indicated that healers can be really really strong at 29 with the correct enchant and gearing, almost too strong...

it's never perfect.

to play devil's advocate, if this bracket wasn't bursty, you would have geared out healers with high vers / int play in a very toxic and infuriating way. some of the latest tests already indicated that healers can be really really strong at 29 with the correct enchant and gearing, almost too strong...

it's never perfect.

Burst is not inherently bad. If its achieved by lining up cooldowns, or catching a healer in a stun/cc - ok. But, when the burst comes from just using the normal rotation (destro lock/mm hunter) it just highlights how braindead pvp is in this bracket - which is what we are experiencing now.

Base damage right now is too high solely due to gem stacking and enchants, add in things like balefire and its fucking dumb.

Hell even healers can put out some stupid damage now. If you have done any bgs lately vs a mw monk twink....

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/detheroc/michael

Last edited:
edit- I also feel like this is what wrath classic is going to be like in the 60-69 WSG and AB, regardless how people "remember" it being when they were there. I remember it quite differently, but could totally be wrong.

I remember 69 DKs plowing through dumb ass 60s (with me being one of those 60s). A whole lot of buttholes going to be filled in classic merged battlegrounds. :monkaLaugh:
[doublepost=1661178584,1661177934][/doublepost]
Hell even healers can put out some stupid damage now. If you have done any bgs lately vs a mw monk twink....

Michael's wearing a pink dress in armory, surely you're joking. :slight_smile:

But yeah, he holds his own against twink survival hunters.

I remember 69 DKs plowing through dumb ass 60s (with me being one of those 60s). A whole lot of buttholes going to be filled in classic merged battlegrounds. :monkaLaugh:

Yeah, when resilience was still a thing it was really rough too... heck even stam-stackers were hard to down sometimes.

I havent looked up on it, is resilience still a thing for wrath? Lol... more at 70 than 60 tho, I believe.

Wouldn't say any class has one-shot-potential in TBC 19s, unless it's on a leveler.
In all fairness I don't feel like you can compare 19 twinks in tbc to 20-29 twinks now anyway.

20-29 was old 60 and lv70 and is in no way comparable to tbc 19s due to the sheer difference in gearing.

In tbc-wrath lv60 twinks definitely had one-shot potential depending on the class. That's no different than it is now.

Another reason why you shouldn't compare it to 19 twinks in classic-tbc is that lv19s in that era had no socket gear or items that proc a lot of stats all at once.

Burst is not inherently bad. If its achieved by lining up cooldowns, or catching a healer in a stun/cc - ok. But, when the burst comes from just using the normal rotation (destro lock/mm hunter) it just highlights how braindead pvp is in this bracket - which is what we are experiencing now.

Base damage right now is too high solely due to gem stacking and enchants, add in things like balefire and its fucking dumb.

A large part of the problem is that blizz just keep giving out flat damage buffs to abilities to try balance both PvE and PvP at max level. Survival, Destruction, Affliction, Arcane, Shadow have all had massive buffs, I think Chaos bolt is up by 40-50% at this point compared to the start of Shadowlands. There was even a buff to Aimed Shot at some point. "Fucking dumb" is a great way to describe it, and it's the same at max level unfortunately.

I haven't really paid attention to MW damage but was expecting it to be decent with the extra 25% in the recent patch, monks also get a rank of RSK in the 20's that gives it another 70% damage so I can imagine that's catching people off guard with the bracket expanded.

I haven't really paid attention to MW damage but was expecting it to be decent with the extra 25% in the recent patch, monks also get a rank of RSK in the 20's that gives it another 70% damage so I can imagine that's catching people off guard with the bracket expanded.

michael's RSK reminder:

fistweaver.jpg

So tempting to level a mistweaver and try it out.

Now is that also reflected in WW RSK, or just MW? Wouldnt surprise me to find heals doing better DPS than DPS again.

This monk actually. Not even stupidly geared.

That's not terribly geared either tho.... not just thrown together overnight. Not up on WW stat prio but solid items.

As for enh, good for them they probably need it. PepeLaugh

edit- wait, had to look.... ENH doesnt even get earth shock, do they?

Last edited:
ENH doesnt even get earth shock, do they?
Possible it was ele then I guess. I was dying so fast I didnt get a good look lmao.

It was definitely earth shock though. They were both queueing together I think though so you were getting slapped from all sides.

That's not terribly geared either tho

Yeah not awful geared but not super geared. There is definitely a lot of room to go bigger.

Also I ran across a fury warrior with dual mace that had stun proc. Think they were crafted. The proc was constant for a near perma stun. This was a duel so I am just guessing they would work in a bg. Cant remember the name but if they work in BG it would be insane really. Were procing off just WW I think. He just sat there WW and I was basically perm stunned until dr.
[doublepost=1661189076,1661188714][/doublepost]
And looking now it was literally thrown together overnight... lol. But at least he ground out some dungeons for it.

Honestly, I feel like the stam achievable at 29 gear might start making the burst balance out some. I was seeing people near 5k hp, and thats getting closer to being balanced between burst and hp. At least better than 20s were I think. Thats the major problem with the bracket. HP and burst has just gotten completely out of whack to make basically unhealable.

If the stam and burst come back in line I would even resub to make a 29 if queues stayed decent.

Users who are viewing this thread