Bracket extremely bursty right now?

how do other players enjoy the bracket?
This bracket is laughably broken.

Out of playing 19s and 20s off and on since BC it has never been like this.

As far as how can anyone enjoy this bracket? Brain damage. I mean that whole heartedly. You have to have brain damage to queue up with any regularity for BGs now.

The dps to stam ratio for twink v twink in 20s is roughly 4x higher than BC or WotLK when I last looked. Hunters, mage, and lock burst can basically one shot you. You could never one shot another twink outside of maybe an ambush AP built rogue with full buffs and zerk + assassins blade against a clothy with a crit. And that AP rogue would be paper outside of the ambush.

That being said, its kind of fun building 20s and queue once in a while to remember why you dont.

Hunters are definitely the worse offender. I have a mostly built hunter and I would be embarrassed to queue it any because its so broken. There are people on this site that queue up their hunter 10hrs a day.

This bracket is laughably broken.

Out of playing 19s and 20s off and on since BC it has never been like this.

As far as how can anyone enjoy this bracket? Brain damage. I mean that whole heartedly. You have to have brain damage to queue up with any regularity for BGs now.

The dps to stam ratio for twink v twink in 20s is roughly 4x higher than BC or WotLK when I last looked. Hunters, mage, and lock burst can basically one shot you. You could never one shot another twink outside of maybe an ambush AP built rogue with full buffs and zerk + assassins blade against a clothy with a crit. And that AP rogue would be paper outside of the ambush.

That being said, its kind of fun building 20s and queue once in a while to remember why you dont.

Hunters are definitely the worse offender. I have a mostly built hunter and I would be embarrassed to queue it any because its so broken. There are people on this site that queue up their hunter 10hrs a day.
Overreacting a bit, aren't we?

This isn't true, I have fun. I exclusively solo queue guardian druid now...oh I just realized what I typed. Maybe I do have the brains damages? :FrogeConcern:

There are specs that are good in big fights that are considered good bg specs and those who work better in small fights.
Example: enh shaman in a big WSG fight is close to useless and definetely not something I would want to be pocket healing as it drops too quickly. Enh in arena or small node fights is much better though. Same thing goes for most of the weak bg specs like ele, balance, feral, ret, monk, dh etc. Put them in a big fight and they do nothing compared to what a hunter, lock, priest would do but in a small fight they instantly become a lot better. That's why ret is a wheelchair in bg but one of the top specs in arena or why balance is so good on off nodes rather than in team fight. This is the reason why some specs are so good in duels while not so good in bg. And yes, I know there's that "super good player who always carries on an undergeared DH or something" and how I'm just too bad at the game to realize it but that's not how things work. You either play a good spec or don't play at all.

From what I've seen most people play every class the same way and complain when they get killed by a hunter. As someone who has almost all classes twinked out, I've seen the differences and can easily tell that the majority of specs don't work in bgs. They require a good team and not-so-good opponent to work. You simply can't play havoc and do well in every single bg. Sometimes you die before you reach the enemy. You can play a priest or hunter and you'll do well in every game, regardless of teams. You complain about hunters but I wouldn't want a hunter on my team to be swapped with a DH or balance druid unless it's a very unbalanced game in my favor. Just deal with it and reroll to something that works. If you're tired of enh shaman dying too quickly, roll a fury warr. If you don't like ele sham, roll a warlock. Can't really play an undergeared niche spec and complain about how other specs are stronger and that people prefer to play them. No one in their right mind would roll a niche spec that has 3 buttons at 20 unless he's been playing it for a long time. :PeepoGlad:

Sooooo...your argument is "play the stronger classes and specs if you feel underpowered"? You do realize that's entirely the problem, right? That the strong specs are so damn strong that they are skeweing the class composition of the bracket to a level where every single BG midfight is a repeat of Oppenheimer's speech.

The problem is EXACTLY that the UP classes aren't up to par, and that shouldn't be the case. Glance's post mention effective health, but there's a limit of how much Stamina you can push to tank one more hunter shot without hurting your damage. At the end of the day, pumping health won't help when you can't kill the cocaine-fueled machinegun nature pathfinder that is raining death upon you every GCD.

This mentality of "roll only strong things to have a good time" is exactly what hurts the bracket, and makes it this FOTMfest every patch cycle. So, everyone keeps rolling to the best thing on that patch, we keep complaining here on xp off and everyone is happy...

...and nothing ever improves...

Sooooo...your argument is "play the stronger classes and specs if you feel underpowered"? You do realize that's entirely the problem, right? That the strong specs are so damn strong that they are skeweing the class composition of the bracket to a level where every single BG midfight is a repeat of Oppenheimer's speech.

The problem is EXACTLY that the UP classes aren't up to par, and that shouldn't be the case. Glance's post mention effective health, but there's a limit of how much Stamina you can push to tank one more hunter shot without hurting your damage. At the end of the day, pumping health won't help when you can't kill the cocaine-fueled machinegun nature pathfinder that is raining death upon you every GCD.

This mentality of "roll only strong things to have a good time" is exactly what hurts the bracket, and makes it this FOTMfest every patch cycle. So, everyone keeps rolling to the best thing on that patch, we keep complaining here on xp off and everyone is happy...

...and nothing ever improves...
The problem I see is the undergeared people playing underpowered specs the wrong way in my games thus taking the spot of a intelligent leveler who would've had more impact.

You can't play a f2p feral druid with 140 agi and wrong secondaries like a warrior and complain about hunters. I have all of the good classes fully geared and I don't see a problem with most of them even against hunters. You're doing something wrong.

Overreacting a bit, aren't we?
Not really.

Maybe some of you have been playing this so long you dont understand how laughable it is now. Power creep is unreal. Only healer I find bearable is holy paladin that cant get gcd. I mean you are dead before you can even juke a kick and when you do get kicked you are also dead.

The tool set or dps alone on hunters would make them imbalanced, but combined they are gods.

Broken doesnt begin to describe the state of the bracket in bgs.

That being said I do quite enjoy the list you made and appreciate the effort. I like building twinks, but I just rarely queue.

Not really.

Maybe some of you have been playing this so long you dont understand how laughable it is now. Power creep is unreal. Only healer I find bearable is holy paladin that cant get gcd. I mean you are dead before you can even juke a kick and when you do get kicked you are also dead.

The tool set or dps alone on hunters would make them imbalanced, but combined they are gods.

Broken doesnt begin to describe the state of the bracket in bgs.

That being said I do quite enjoy the list you made and appreciate the effort. I like building twinks, but I just rarely queue.
Surely overreacting :FrogeConcern:

Yeah people never one-shotted others at lv19 in Tbc-wrath

...wait yes they did, literally all the time.
No. No they didnt. Twinks did not one shot each other.

Maybe a rare full ap built rogue with assassins blade on a clothy would come close if he had full buffs and zerker and a crit.

DPS on twinks then were about 100ish dps with 1800 hp. Now you can do about 400+dps w/ against 2800. It not playable.

A lock can easily crit nearly that much on one chaos bolt.

Ambush rogues could potentially one-shot a glass cannon clothie. But outside of that? Naw.

that said, extremely high dmg cheese has existed in every bracket and in every xpac. Its just kind if a given at this point

I remember Asmon mocking 29s community ban on Aimed Shot when he wasnt mocking Ohti, so I imagine that must have been pretty strong.

Ambush rogues could potentially one-shot a glass cannon clothie.
And those ambush rogue were glass cannons as well since they gave up a lot of stam to push AP. Tradeoff was involved which brought a natural balance.

As for the damage cheese, I think that started in cata outside of a few bugs like enti's in wotlk.

Cata if I am recalling correctly is when they first rescaled lowbies and damage just went through the roof.

edit*

Now remembering a select few who were also abusing the skinning/herbal glitch to max out mastery of anatomy and lifeblood to become gods in wotlk, but that was still fairly rare relatively speaking to see as it still took some effort to pull off.

Man my brain is hella busted so my memory aint great but yea, i feel like cata was when things like shield slam warriors, aimed shot hunters and glass cannon ambush rogues were a real nuisance.
Tank specs were garbo in cata
Aimed shot didnt exist. Explo shot was op af though.
Ambush rogues were not very strong but shadowstep was good tho.

feel like cata was when things
Yes.

Cata is when twinking died. People blame the xpoff in wotlk, but queues were popping still. Cata killed twinking because the dps became a burst fest and uncompetitive. Cata also gave the people in it to own lowbies a new gig with boa pvp leveling.

I did 24s in MoP and feel like that was a pretty decent bracket though.
[doublepost=1661030197,1661030099][/doublepost]
Not sure about 39s. But for 20s the shield slam days was 5.2 and 5.3 in MoP.
Shield slam came up in cata. Blizz did something in cata where they gave you abilities at a lower level and started this whole level scaling for abils and it was busted.

Also avengers shield as well was busted if I am remembering right.
[doublepost=1661031176][/doublepost]
when was 39 shield slam warrior then? tht was cata right? because i played it but i wasnt in mop 39s.
Were you "Chopped" in 19s back then? For nostalgia sake talking about it I pulled up an old Painaid fc video and saw the name pop up in the BG as a 19 hunter.
[doublepost=1661031558][/doublepost]
Tank specs were garbo in cata
Not so sure about that. I remember Cata where blizz did the whole "we want a character defined at level 10" thing and gave prot access to shield slam and it scaled on AP and would whomp you nearly one shot for a while.

Was a long time ago so I cant say 100% but thats how i remember it.

*edit yeah you are right. slam wasnt a thing in 19s in cata.

Users who are viewing this thread