BIS fc and why

BIS FC?

• Total voters
It ends up being wars mitigate physical dmg reduction roughly 7-9% better than druids.

Yeah, Wars stink! Booo! Only 7/9% better than Guardian Druids!

Charge can also be used to interrupt spells. Wild Charge does not. And if you stunned in Humanoid form, you die quickly since you lose all your bulk. And Bear Hug roots immobalizes you, which you don´t want.

I'd say prot warr > Gdruid, cause most of the defensive abilities for druids cost rage, and all the gdruids I've seen keep shifting in and out of form, which makes sense cause they want to LoS etc. Ofc they could just stop doing that and act like a warr, but still warr have better offensive abilities wich can come in handy even when FC'ing

Prot Warrior > BM Monk (if applicable) > Guardian Druid. These are your only viable choices for FC if you're going to premade/serious games. In the end tbh, it's really about your team set-up. For PuGs it's completely based upon the team and wether you get people who actually know what to do.

Yeah, Wars stink! Booo! Only 7/9% better than Guardian Druids!
Charge can also be used to interrupt spells. Wild Charge does not. And if you stunned in Humanoid form, you die quickly since you lose all your bulk. And Bear Hug roots immobalizes you, which you don´t want.[/QUOTE]

Ur gonna charge into a spellcaster, which is behind their main range dps, like hunters, just to inturpt him? The second u do that their team is gonna push up cc healers and ur stuck in there dead. Bear hug does immobilze u, but as an fc im only bear hugging ppl trying to backdoor, so my positioning is fine, I don't need to have mobility in that situation. A decent guardian druid wont leave bear form after 4 stacks, or even before, depending on pressure. And if ur team gets to wipe or control mid at the start of the game, a druid is able to quick cap, not allowing the opposing team time to reform and try to get control of mid. A warrior would be to slow and is countered if they send 1 back on d, if they see they are losing mid. I believe war also needs rage to use shield block, and the only way they can generate it is being hit, or doing dmg. u wont be doing dmg generally, and u need to take a good amount of dmg b4 generating enough rage to shield block

what kind of armor do gdruids get up to?

shield block costs 60 rage, each shield slam you land is +20 rage and you get 1 rage per 3 secs in combat (both in def stance), you also lose rage slower in def stance out of combat. smart warrs will be stance dancing on hunter pets etc and using taunt to stay in combat to generate rage so they have a shield block ready

warrs have more avoidance too + 10% physical reduction from thunder clap and more dps, shield slam still hits hard. like wild charge, you can also use charge to pull off a few tricks or get away from melees

melee is the big killer for fcs, most of the time you can los ranged dps

Last edited by a moderator:
what kind of armor do gdruids get up to?

shield block costs 60 rage, each shield slam you land is +20 rage and you get 1 rage per 3 secs in combat (both in def stance), you also lose rage slower in def stance out of combat. smart warrs will be stance dancing on hunter pets etc and using taunt to stay in combat to generate rage so they have a shield block ready

warrs have more avoidance too + 10% physical reduction from thunder clap and more dps, shield slam still hits hard. like wild charge, you can also use charge to pull off a few tricks or get away from melees

Guardian Druids can push 62-63% armor, but generally sit at 60-61% if they are stam stacking
U will rarely shield slam in a premade v premade, hunters are gonna keep their pets on passive for obvious reasons. Once again if ur gonna use charge in a premade v premade situation, ur gonna go in one direction, toward the enemy, and away from ur healers. Keeping 60 rage up would be nearly impossible in a close mid fight, if u push up for the rage, ur team is gonna be behind u.

U will rarely shield slam in a premade v premade, hunters are gonna keep their pets on passive for obvious reasons. Once again if ur gonna use charge in a premade v premade situation, ur gonna go in one direction, toward the enemy, and away from ur healers. Keeping 60 rage up would be nearly impossible in a close mid fight, if u push up for the rage, ur team is gonna be behind u.

Staying in combat isn't very tough at which point you will earn rage from doing nothing.

Prot warrior takes the least damage. Gdruid after that. That is sole reason to pick warrior over druid not to mention if your doing premade vs premade you would have to sacrifice a boomy or rdruid for that guardian which isn't worth it.

Prot war is the strongest FC out there.
Great, so, your argument here is that a standing still FC uhh. Prot warrior. survives better because he mitigates... 9% damage? Damn thats that number that seems completely and utterly.. tiny.
Surely, you arent basing you're entire argument on standing still, not healing oneself and dealing typically low with a small chance of high damage?

So should this thread be renamed to "Best AFK FC?"

Edit, why are nubs trying to inject Monks into this thread? Are you so terribly fucking illiterate that you cannot understand a basic thread topic?

Really, serious question. If you are trolling, you are awful, lead with some obama daddy issues or whatever the fuck trolls mental problems are. Or ask for a hug you poor, unnourished thing.
I call trolls things because i bet by now, society wouldn't even recognize these sad individuals :(
Also, i put a sad face in there not because i feel sad, but because i imagine someone of a trolls "worth" feels sad. :(

Guardian Druids can push 62-63% armor, but generally sit at 60-61% if they are stam stacking

so only 2-3% more than warrs

why wouldn't you use your main ability in a premade?

theres probs one hunter in this bracket that might do that, and even if its on passive you can taunt it. oh and forgot to mention charge is 20 rage too and the stun means you always land the slam

yeah charge is situational but if youre using it right its good, you can hardly say its a negative when fcing

I think youre talking about 10v10 premades which aren't gonna happen in this bracket. sure you can be hypothetical all you want but discussing smaller premades is much more relevant. in other twink brackets they usually have a prot warr fcing for 10 mans

+ 10% physical from thunder clap and the avoidance

Which is great, prot paladins have the same exact thing. trading "avoidance" for healing, as well as a giant self heal CD. Lets not forget the 3 target silence, the Stun. Warriors have a mobility skill with charge? Nice, pallys have that too, with their level 15 talents. I just dont see it. I would still rather have a resto shammy rather than a prot warrior. At least the shammy can heal, purge and interupt casting. Not to mention speedy carrying across the field.

Dont get me wrong, warriors have their place on the field, carrying the flag isnt one of them,in my opinion. regardless of spec.

Which is great, prot paladins have the same exact thing. trading "avoidance" for healing, as well as a giant self heal CD. Lets not forget the 3 target silence, the Stun. Warriors have a mobility skill with charge? Nice, pallys have that too, with their level 15 talents. I just dont see it. I would still rather have a resto shammy rather than a prot warrior. At least the shammy can heal, purge and interupt casting. Not to mention speedy carrying across the field.

Dont get me wrong, warriors have their place on the field, carrying the flag isnt one of them,in my opinion. regardless of spec.

thats comparing guardian vs prot war, bear in mind (pun not intended) guardians only avoidance is dodge

prot pals have no passive dmg mitigation, and mitigation > avoidance

again depends if youre talking about solo/premade fcing but yeah warrs are terrible solo fcs

Moreover, when you o you generally take care of the healers first, wars have nothing to help their healers, protadins, again, have huge arsenal to do so. Plus, protadins will always remain a safe choice when premadin because it is never useless in midle teamfight, a prot warrior bring nothing.

Edit : Protadin may take more damage than warrior, but let's not forget his cc are his way to take less damage, overall when you take into account a silence, a stun, and offheals, proadin take way less damage than any other classes

Moreover, when you o you generally take care of the healers first, wars have nothing to help their healers, protadins, again, have huge arsenal to do so. Plus, protadins will always remain a safe choice when premadin because it is never useless in midle teamfight, a prot warrior bring nothing.

Edit : Protadin may take more damage than warrior, but let's not forget his cc are his way to take less damage, overall when you take into account a silence, a stun, and offheals, proadin take way less damage than any other classes
I've never seen a prot pally fc in a twink premade. Neither a Gdruid, of these three (including warr) it has only been warriors

If youre talking about a real 10v10 premade, prot warrior.

If youre talking about just group queing, guardian druid.

Prot warriors have -25% damage from all sources as a passive. Prot paladins have no such passive. Your last sentence really amuses me - carrying a flag is a warrior's only place on the field in this patch.

Great, so, your argument here is that a standing still FC uhh. Prot warrior. survives better because he mitigates... 9% damage? Damn thats that number that seems completely and utterly.. tiny.
Surely, you arent basing you're entire argument on standing still, not healing oneself and dealing typically low with a small chance of high damage?

So should this thread be renamed to "Best AFK FC?"

Edit, why are nubs trying to inject Monks into this thread? Are you so terribly fucking illiterate that you cannot understand a basic thread topic?

Really, serious question. If you are trolling, you are awful, lead with some obama daddy issues or whatever the fuck trolls mental problems are. Or ask for a hug you poor, unnourished thing.
I call trolls things because i bet by now, society wouldn't even recognize these sad individuals :(
Also, i put a sad face in there not because i feel sad, but because i imagine someone of a trolls "worth" feels sad. :(

9% does alot. You won't be afk but helping your team. Guardian offhealing is terrible and is food once he leaves bear form. The rest of your post is irrelevant trash.

in other twink brackets they usually have a prot warr fcing for 10 mans

Because it's the right thing to do.

Ye and all that mobility is all gone after stacks start coming up. Paladins have alot of hp but go down like butter sculpture in a preheated oven.

Shamans in a premade should be elemental.

If stacks aren't up and you need a fast cap you use one of your eles or druids.

Rofl. You're dead before you're in range to do any of that...

You have 2-4 healers and 2-3 classes that can offheal already.

Is it me or you just read what you like ?

When you go efc, you focus the healers first, a prot warrior with healers goes down way faster than protadin with healers for the reasons listen above, the o will destroy your healers and you have nothing to help them, a protadin can do almost unlimited offheal, help healers with stun, silence ect, he even have more dps than a prot warrior helping healers with killing one target earlier. Later in the game, with like 5-6 stacks, the damage income is just so huge, protadin or not, healers or not you're just dead, maybe a prot warrior will die 1 sec later, gg.

And then again, a protadin is way more usefull in teamfight than a protwarrior.

Is it me or you just read what you like ?

When you go efc, you focus the healers first, a prot warrior with healers goes down way faster than protadin with healers for the reasons listen above, the o will destroy your healers and you have nothing to help them, a protadin can do almost unlimited offheal, help healers with stun, silence ect, he even have more dps than a prot warrior helping healers with killing one target earlier. Later in the game, with like 5-6 stacks, the damage income is just so huge, protadin or not, healers or not you're just dead, maybe a prot warrior will die 1 sec later, gg.

And then again, a protadin is way more usefull in teamfight than a protwarrior.

a mop premade wont be o and d.

Anyone arguing in favor of Protection Paladins or Guardian Druids apparently never played a premade and therefore doesn't have a clear idea about how a premade and its rules look like.

Protection Paladins are absolutely awful for premade FCing. They gain zero passive mitigation, they have no reliable mobility whatsoever, LoH doesn't require you to be the person carrying the flag and the CC they have in HoJ and AS doesn't make up for their more than lackluster kit. They also need to stand still to produce any kind of significant healing which is not acceptable for a flag carrier.

Guardian Druids have the highest mobility out of all tank specs, decent mitigation, some healing in Rejuvenation and roots. Their mitigation gets outclassed by warriors. Their healing is not significant enough to make a difference when under pressure. Your CC, again, doesn't require you to be the actual FC. The mobility can come in handy, however in a premade situation with a warrior FC you simply send your resto druid / boomkin to pick up the flag, once you are in mid with your team your mobility will be irrelevant. All the aforementioned perks require you to shift out of bear form, losing your mitigation entirely. Those reasons alone are already enough to pick a warrior over a druid, the biggest downside however is a part of the common premade rules: A maximum of two of one class. You gain nothing from using a druid FC that would justify dropping either a boomkin or a resto druid.

Protection Warriors have the highest mitigation in the bracket, they have some mobility in Charge and their other two specs are entirely useless for premade purposes. They can also be Goblins which is the best horde race for flag carriers. Warriors are by far your best choice.

Also, I saw someone complain about the implication that flag carriers would basically afk for almost the entire game, making their CC and mobility useless. That is exactly what FCs are supposed to do. They sit between thirty and fourty yards behind their healers to make it as hard as possible for the other team to swap to them, and to make them cover as much as ground possible when trying to push in. When that happens the only role your flag carrier has is to absorb as much damage as possible, LoS if available and watch his healers position.
In most cases they don't even pick the flags up themselves, they can't if the opposing team is not pushed back into their own graveyard and has atleast one decent hunter. They will usually have a druid bring them the flag, as mentioned before.

TL;DR: A flag carrier's job is to be able to take a beating, Protection Warrior does it best with the least downsides.

Users who are viewing this thread