BG Honor Changes

Grants

Legend
It appears we can expect significantly more bonus Honor from battlegrounds in the near future. Here's the Blizzard post:

We’ve recently taken another look at the rate of Honor gains in various Battlegrounds, and have concluded that current Honor gains in several Battlegrounds are currently too low. To that end, we’ll be making several changes to the way that Honor bonuses are rewarded in those battlegrounds, as follows:

In Arathi Basin, Battle for Gilneas, and Eye of the Storm, we’ll be increasing the frequency at which you’ll be rewarded bonus Honor based on the points your team has earned. Currently, you earn bonus Honor every 260 points (or 200 if that battleground is the current Call to Arms) in these battlegrounds. As a part of this adjustment, we’re going to lower the number to 130 (or 100 during Call to Arms).

We’re also making a similar change to Silvershard Mines. Currently bonus Honor is earned for every 265 points (or every 160 if Silvershard is the current Call to Arms). After the change, you’ll earn bonus Honor every 200 points (or 130 during Call to Arms).

Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks are getting a slightly different treatment. Because these matches tend to take longer than the above Battlegrounds (which directly effects the rate at which you earn Honor from playing them) we wanted to make some changes to speed them up a bit. To do this we’re going to apply the Focused Assault debuff 1 minute after both flags have been picked up, which is 2 minutes earlier than it does currently. Once it’s begun to apply, it will continue to increase at the current rate of 1 stack every minute. On top of that, we’re adding a new bonus at the end of the match: For every flag you prevent the opposing team from capturing (so, every flag under 3), you’ll earn 18 extra Honor.

Lastly, in Strand of the Ancients, we’re doubling the bonus a team earns for destroying a gate (or preventing it from being destroyed).

These hotfixes are currently in production, and will be applied as soon as they are ready. We’ll have an update in the official Hotfix blog once they’re active. We look forward to seeing you on the fields of battle!

Source

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears we can expect significantly more bonus Honor from battlegrounds in the near future. Here's the Blizzard post:

On top of that, we’re adding a new bonus at the end of the match: For every flag you prevent the opposing team from capturing (so, every flag under 3), you’ll earn 18 extra Honor.

Source

Thoughts?

Them Gy farmers might actually start caring about killing the Efc now. They're finally giving an incentive for a little objective play... It's a step in the right direction!

Thumbs up!

As an fc more focussed assault makes me cringe, but it'll be good that ppl want to go for the efc (hopefully that way I can spend less time screaming at pugs to get out of mid). The honor gains would be perfect if they gave a boost to the person capping the flag ;D

Still not as fast as I would like but its a great start. WoD sure seem interesting for F2Ps.

For every flag you prevent the opposing team from capturing (so, every flag under 3), you’ll earn 18 extra Honor.

think that's the best way to do it, more honor for caps/returns would just lead to flag whoring

them motherfuckers nerfed resto druid FC

To do this we’re going to apply the Focused Assault debuff 1 minute after both flags have been picked up, which is 2 minutes earlier than it does currently.

I wonder if the increased honor gains in AB will come with more rep gains, too :O

extra honor gain from returning

easily gonna be getting 100+ honor a game

#TYBG

Not from returning, from keeping them from capping. If your game is 3-0, you get 54 extra honor. If it's 3-1, you get 36 extra honor, 3-2 18 extra honor. Presumably this means if neither team caps all game, everyone gets 54 extra honor? Not sure how that's going to affect objective play one way or the other.

Our guardian druid is gonna love this one... but overall it should lead to more objective playing. Time will tell

WoD goona change F2p's to an extent we never saw before, can't wait for it

This will get us a bit more honor than usual bg's, then the Honor to Justice trading shouldn't be a big problem now

Currently you can farm honor roughly twice as fast in random heroics as you can in BGs by converting your JP. that's a HUGE problem IMO, and I'm glad that Blizz is doing something.

That fact that f2p gets to reap some of those benefits is just great.

Now maybe they'll go back to the 1.5:1 conversion rate instead of the 2:1 rate...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts?

As end game pvp
Why would they even change it? u get 500+ for first victory of the day and ~250 every bg after. when u get the gears it became almost useless in pvp.
logic?

As f2p
Shall those of f2p who got all looms even care? especially with possible acc wide looms.

It makes it easier to buy all the commendation badges I guess...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread