Best in Slot Player vs. Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways Nesyla that chardev i linked is BiS for DW Frost other than the ring which I'm still debating on trash Bt ring or unstoppable aggresors
<

Keep in mind when calculating the difference between UAring and the SS that UA also benefits from Pillar of Frost and Unholy Stength.

The same applies to Unholy via the 20% straight buff + Unholy Str. (25% next patch I think)

Average Strength bonuses for Frost/Unholy DKs

10% flat (Kings/Plate)

6.6% from Pillar of Frost

12.2% from UnStr

~28.8% extra for Frost

30% flat (Kings, Plate, Spec)

12.2% from UnStr

42.2% extra for Unholy

Note: When calculating AP, use a 10% flat buff, 20% w/ upcoming patch. Also, figures use 33% (max) uptime of PoF, and 75% (No ICD) uptime of Unholy Strength (Fallen Crusader).

Keep in mind when calculating the difference between UAring and the SS that UA also benefits from Pillar of Frost and Unholy Stength.

The same applies to Unholy via the 20% straight buff + Unholy Str. (25% next patch I think)

Average Strength bonuses for Frost/Unholy DKs

10% flat (Kings/Plate)

6.6% from Pillar of Frost

12.2% from UnStr

~28.8% extra for Frost

30% flat (Kings, Plate, Spec)

12.2% from UnStr

42.2% extra for Unholy

Note: When calculating AP, use a 10% flat buff, 20% w/ upcoming patch. Also, figures use 33% (max) uptime of PoF, and 75% (No ICD) uptime of Unholy Strength (Fallen Crusader).

Remember that the % buffs (plate & kings + others) are applied multiplicatively, so we actually get a little more from them. Here's some math on the ring, assuming the above values:

36 *1.05*1.05 = 39.69 (kings + plate spec)

39.69*1.0667 = 42.34 (the above with PoF averaged)

42.34*1.122 = 47.50 (the above with FC averaged)

47.5 str translates to 95 AP for a plate user (assuming the .5 str isn't truncated, but it only accounts for 1 AP in this calculation). All AP buffs affect both STR and AP in the same way, so calculation for them is irrelevent. But, 95 AP is around 50% more than almost all of the epic tbc rings that are available, which should provide more of a dps boost than the better secondary stat allocation from other rings. Considering also that this ring has 1.36% crit on it, vs the 1.97% haste on the Band of devastation. For calculation purposes, we can probably assume that the 28 crit rating is around equal to 2/3 of the available haste rating on the trash drop. Which does bring these two much closer together. Haste is much better for frost than crit is because of our talents, which is why I've made this assumption

However, being that str provides our ghoul with much more of a boost than haste does, it's safe to assume that for PvE, on a boss where you'll experience high uptime of both RotFC and PoF, aswell as 100% ghoul activity (it spends its entire lifespan hitting the boss), that the Unstoppable Aggressor's Ring is the better solution.

There, some math for ya
<

EDIT: Also, for the Blood tank chardev, you could gain a little more stamina (if that is the aim, ignoring stats such as dodge or expertise for huge stamina gains) from http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=35133 since the agility doesn't do much for tanking, it's 6 more stamina for doing nothing.

Also im not sure why you are not using shard of contempt instead of madness of the betrayer on your warrior chardevs.

btw your shaman chardev's are'nt 100% bis, taking into account the enchants + certain itemization you have chosen. contact me on skype/ingame and we'll set em right.

same with ur rogue chardev's, there not 100% bis

btw your shaman chardev's are'nt 100% bis, taking into account the enchants + certain itemization you have chosen. contact me on skype/ingame and we'll set em right.

same with ur rogue chardev's, there not 100% bis

Send me a message over Twink Info with your suggestions and ill be glad to update them !

Will update the rest tomorrow.

Rofl, downgrade. Not sure what you are looking at but all are mostly upgrades from yours.

Maybe point out which ones, and i'll point out how yours are inferior. Only a few are "really downgrades" ie tank specs with less health for mine.

The rest, well they all are much better than yours are.

Then again, as other posters have pointed out, you removed a better thread and replaced with this one where the other thread had better chardevs just like the ones I posted. But maybe you just haven't updated your original chardevs in a while and, in reality, they have been changed somewhere else or made anew with better gear/enchants/gems/research put into them?

Just wondering, do you check EJ or any fan sites about specs, namely Haste breakpoints and hit caps?

You removed a better thread and replaced with this one where the other thread had better chardevs just like the ones I posted.

This is seriously annoying, you are completely clueless on what happened, so please, do me and yourself a favour and do not talk about events you are not aware off.

The previous thread was deleted by the guy who did it, he deleted every chardev link, every single one and replaced it with " i'm best ".

This said yes i did try to make a thread to help people out and being pointed out constantly as the bad guy is starting to be pathetic.

Thank you for the contribution, i will take it into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread