Arms war in progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going for a bit more balance then just sheer yolo crit.

And it seems to be working, though I will snag Boahn's, and I'm farming Thorbias. :)

Nah, I'm definitely choosing crit over strength.

It's a very clear difference in the power between the two. I tried my mostly Str set and my damage seemed wimpy, but in my crit/somewhat balanced set, I get some pretty great crits.

I've got a ways to go before being as geared as some of you guys, but I always manage to do pretty well in BGs, and with consistent high crits, I'm happy.

Yes, I think that's pretty much been established. =p

Meh. Went with my full Str set last night, still topped in each game I was in for KBs, had minimal deaths, and got a handful of flag returns and caps.

I don't seem to have any issue either way.

Also, thanks to CTA, I'm almost ready for my first Heirloom. Going with Shoulders, of course.

Also, to that guy that mentioned Boahns Fang, while I agree the crit is nice, the far inferior weapon damage is pretty damaging as a arms warrior, and overall, not worth it.

Meh. Went with my full Str set last night, still topped in each game I was in for KBs, had minimal deaths, and got a handful of flag returns and caps.

I don't seem to have any issue either way.

Also, thanks to CTA, I'm almost ready for my first Heirloom. Going with Shoulders, of course.

Also, to that guy that mentioned Boahns Fang, while I agree the crit is nice, the far inferior weapon damage is pretty damaging as a arms warrior, and overall, not worth it.

swag > bis

when u get like 20% crit chance you will see how retarded it can be at times.

3 shotting druids and priest with back to back crits is too satisfying.

the main bonus is that when you charge and mortal strike crit you can get 2 slams instead of one without waiting.

I almost always crit, and in BGs I only have about 12%. Using the Summer Festival buff was barely noticeable difference in crit increase.

As far as 3 shotting, I hit plenty hard. I got a 2.7k Slam crit last night with Beserker in WSG on someone who wasn't even a FC. Average Slam crit is roughly 1300.

Trust me, I understand how crazy crit and warriors is, considering my main (90) is a warrior with nearly 40%, and Fury is garbage under 25%. =p

However, I think you're underestimating weapon damage and it's importance. Yes, crit is crucial, but weapon damage is very vital. Critting more at the sacrifice of losing a large portion of what that crit would be isn't what I enjoy, play style wise. I more so enjoy having a bit of balance, while maintaining huge burst. Last night I had some fun, got 5 KBs in under 10 seconds. Pretty epic.

100% honest. I almost always crit for 1k+.

Broke highest last night, 2854 crit. I'll upload screenshots if it's any compensation, and can include Recount stats. =p

[MENTION=17219]Efflorescence[/MENTION] those numbers are ridiculously high

and yeah wep dmg is the most important stat for warrs, buy the loom axe first

[MENTION=17219]Efflorescence[/MENTION] those numbers are ridiculously high

and yeah wep dmg is the most important stat for warrs, buy the loom axe first

Thank you!

I hope people realize, the majority of these "average crits" I speak of, are not in BGs. However, the largest crits I get in BGs are generally on FC's while I have buffs + Berserking.

amigo
21.10 dps onyx claymore +2 enchant
average slam-517
average mortal strike-448
282-300+ attack power with racial
6% crit chance

gizmogob
21 dps bloodied arcanite reaper +2 enchant
average slam-474
average mortal strike 411
202 attack power
20% crit chance

gizmogob
18.43 dps boahn's fang +2 enchant
average slam-462
average mortal strike-408
204 attack power
21% crit chance

some numbers, you decide what they mean.

Users who are viewing this thread