Arms war in progress.

both are viable, its pressure vs burst really

just don't gimp yourself gearing either way, and stamina is good too (although I usually roll glass cannon)

[MENTION=17219]Efflorescence[/MENTION] if you enjoyed the earlier walls of texts, check out my wall of text gear guide

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/f2p-warrior-gear-guide-56517/

So it's like... pressure, as in DPS... versus burst, as in higher potential damage... huh. Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

So I guess the strength prioritization in the Unique slots between Max Crit and Balanced builds really does make a difference.

Crazy how that math works out.

Thank you for posting.

Couldn't help but notice that Foremans isn't listed in a single set. [MENTION=18737]Zehj[/MENTION] haven't you heard, they are appearantly the best option for pants for horde and ally because they have less stamina than Aku'mai and less strenght than Fortified and Hulking.

That escalated quickly... Anyway, next Xpac several items will change. The BFD shield will be squished to 5/5 from 6/6 there will be ally pants Astranaar Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft and horde pants Dividend Leggings - Item - World of Warcraft that would scale, according to today's scaling, to: str/stam/cr/ 5/4/7 and 6/6/6 respectively.

If DPS str=crit and stam=>0 then Fortified have 12 DPS 0 stam. SGG have 10 DPS and 8 stam. FL are 9 DPS and 9 stam and BFD are 8 DPS and 12 stam. It just depends on which you consider more important. I just don't think there's enough crit to justify losing other stats, but that's my opinion. As I said, it's the minority one.

The other thing to consider next Xpac is that crits will be 1.5x damage rather than 2x we have now. That may reduce crit value as a stat in future. Unless that's changed. I haven't been reading the patch notes every single time they get updated, which is often.

atm I would use bfd legs / dividend if you need the hit

dunno how everything will scale in wod but I think foremans / dividend will be bis as crit on items is effectively halved

Woah. Lots of stuff here since last night..Thanks for that guys. :p

Bop, I don't know if you or Oldspike noticed, but I was in 2-3 games with you lads last night. Sent you guys a /wave here and there. :)

I'll look into all of this info from you guys. I'm trying to get as many sets and as much gear as possible, so I can try everything.

I will pick up a Miner's Cape tonight. This Sunday I'm aiming to snag my Dread Pirate Ring, and currently, I'm farming Stendel's.

Thanks for all the comments guys. XD

Interresting to read all the opninions, guess I should give one aswell (not math behind this, just general observation).

I enjoy the max crit build, because it allows me (when the RNG gods approve) to do extreme damage in a short time. That being said, I understand why people would enjoy playing with a more balanced set (and why they would argue for it being the best way to gear).

To be honest I think it's all preference at this point, I've seen warriors with both sets and I would consider both being valid options on how to gear a warrior.

As long as you don't do the same mistake I did on my warrior...
Double check that you are choosing the mail pants from BFD, best feeling having some of the better f2p warriors whisper you goin ; Why you wearing leather pants?
/facepalm

Obvious answer would be "yodeling doesn't work if your not wearing lederhosen" should have thought of that sooner lol

As long as you don't do the same mistake I did on my warrior...
Double check that you are choosing the mail pants from BFD, best feeling having some of the better f2p warriors whisper you goin ; Why you wearing leather pants?
/facepalm

Obvious answer would be "yodeling doesn't work if your not wearing lederhosen" should have thought of that sooner lol

Lol'd

just a quick question. I have a payed for account but my friend does not. are F2P toons viable compared to paid who have the best enchants? I just don't want him coming back to the game just to get wrecked. Does it make a huge difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
just a quick question. I have a payed for account but my friend does not. are F2P toons viable compared to paid who have the best enchants? I just don't want him coming back to the game just to get wrecked. Does it make a huge difference?

This is the F2P bracket, anybody that plays P2P in F2P pugs is just bad. Ofcourse there's a difference and he will get slaughtered by most 24 classes but he belongs more in the bracket than your P2P characters.

FYI
I love that every thread turns into this.

You will get quite a bit strenght while maxing crit from your heirlooms, possibly bracers depending on how you hit cap. Either way. The fact that he gears for crit on his own warrior doesn't tip you off one bit about which is better huh?
Horde:
Orc: Yjungr @ Aggramar - Community - World of Warcraft
1621 hp
226 ap
19.55% crit
This Yjungr guy stole my Xmog :O

Damn you [MENTION=5377]Soldjah[/MENTION]

Do you consider +2 Damage and Dancing Steel comparable?

Anyway, please ask these sort of things..somewhere else.

Or not, I mean. I like how everyone posts here.

How are you all today?

8 Stendel's Banes..no ring.

Do you consider +2 Damage and Dancing Steel comparable?

Anyway, please ask these sort of things..somewhere else.

Or not, I mean. I like how everyone posts here.

How are you all today?

8 Stendel's Banes..no ring.

34 [MENTION=727]Dancingroot[/MENTION] or was it more?

I'm mostly just excited for the change from hit to crit in WoD.

Eyepatch and Sparkmetal and Bravo Band will be epic.

Users who are viewing this thread