Arena Ranked / New Website Arena Skirmish Ladder for Twinks

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE WEBSITE IS WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was hard, but we did it!!!

Slightly updated terms of use, I advise you to remove the Rated Skirmish addon beforehand if you have it:

How to use?
  1. To get into the tender, you need to download the client by clicking on Download Client and then install it.

2. It is better to turn off antivirus while installing the client (the application is not certified, so antivirus can block it). Antivirus can be turned on after installation. The client itself will put the addon Arena Ranked in a folder with the game (you will need to specify), then run the client (you can after installation) and go into the game.

3. Playing in the arena and getting the first rating need to point at the portrait of his character in the game (so you start recording data about the rating in the client) and exit the game (close WoW), the client will automatically send data to the site

4. Finished! You are in the Ladder. Your character will automatically have a link to Armory and a portrait of your character.

5. Play to update your rating and position on the board.

Just a heads up - when scanned with VirusTotal, 3 of the 69 AV services recognize it as malware.
upload_2022-3-5_8-40-8.png

Whether those are reliable or not, I can't tell. For example - the BNet installer is also seen as malware by one of these services so they might not be very reliable after all. The big AVs (usually the ones that matter) and the other 66 don't detect anything so it might be a false alert. Sometimes the smaller ones' databases are a bit too strict and can flag something that isn't really a malware. That being said, use at your own risk of course. I'm not an expert :D
upload_2022-3-5_8-38-14.png

Last edited:
Just a heads up - when scanned with VirusTotal, 3 of the 69 AV services recognize it as malware.
View attachment 20715

Whether those are reliable or not, I can't tell. For example - the BNet installer is also seen as malware by one of these services so they might not be very reliable after all. The big AVs (usually the ones that matter) and the other 66 don't detect anything so it might be a false alert. Sometimes the smaller ones' databases are a bit too strict and can flag something that isn't really a malware. That being said, use at your own risk of course. I'm not an expert :D
View attachment 20714
Utilities may show this because the application does not have a license. We are not a big company, this development is local
[doublepost=1646465234,1646465165][/doublepost]IMPORTANT INFORMATION

If you don't get to the site, after the first launch and the log in and log out scenario, do it all over again. Open the client, the game, point to the character portrait, exit the game. Everything should work

Can't see any 'download client' button on the webpage.
Any help? :s

EDIT: Nvm! Had to zoom out the page. Wich happens with Chrome sometimes x))

Funny how its the win/lose ratio that makes the ladder and not the rating. Dosent matter that hunters get 20% less rating then.

Funny how its the win/lose ratio that makes the ladder and not the rating. Dosent matter that hunters get 20% less rating then.

Was literally just talking about that with someone - I don't think that's what is happening.

I think the Hunter's pre-nerf rating is being used to determine rank, not their Win/Loss.

Was literally just talking about that with someone - I don't think that's what is happening.

I think the Hunter's pre-nerf rating is being used to determine rank, not their Win/Loss.

YES! that's right. this will be fixed soon

There are a few hiccups with importing characters - but I've enjoyed using this addon so far. I hope we can get the ranked ladder more fleshed out.

There are a few hiccups with importing characters - but I've enjoyed using this addon so far. I hope we can get the ranked ladder more fleshed out.
We try to fix the problems. Soon there will be an updated version of the client with the solution of the identified bugs. I'll write about it here. Ty for feedback

what are we gonna do about ppl queeing with surv/mm/bm/ret cause those ppl still get their cr with 0 penalty and there's Alot of them atm.

what are we gonna do about ppl queeing with surv/mm/bm/ret cause those ppl still get their cr with 0 penalty and there's Alot of them atm.
At some point, you just gotta accept that this tool will still suffer from all the problems we've always had in building a twink ladder. Especially one built off the in-game skirmish rating.

Which is to say, you just gotta roll with it.

it's pretty much an unsolvable problem.
Its not really unsolvable, its just a matter of cost/benefit.

You'd have to create an app much like this one (that everyone has to download) but instead of pulling the in-game skirm rating, it would have to generate its own ELO score and only do so against other teams with the app installed. You could probably find a workable ELO formula from like... tennis mixed doubles? Something that generates a team rating but one that also tracks individual ratings.

Then you'd have to exclude any game played with a hunter on either team from affecting rating.

IMPORTANT

If anyone still has problems with the client, the site has a new version, with it the situation may be better. In the near future implement the client version with auto-update
[doublepost=1646600743,1646590096][/doublepost]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOTFIX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who use the ladder, you need to reinstall the client. We found a security hole, and have already fixed the flaw. The old version of the client will not work!

Last edited:
Yo, I've got a feature request that I think would be cool to see implemented if at all possible.

Match History
I've seen this done with other addons such as Rated which shows an awesome breakdown of the stats and comps that people are running. This would also be a way to see who's queueing with hunters for the easy rating boost.

Reactions: Bop
we gived SPriest a 10% penalty

It's *all* priests, right? Because otherwise people will just log out as Holy/Disc?

Also, not a big fan of results oriented penalties. Penalties should be clear up front, so time investment doesn't get wasted. I feel bad for those two 2k+ priests on EU getting dropped 200 rating after 100+ games.

It's *all* priests, right? Because otherwise people will just log out as Holy/Disc?

Also, not a big fan of results oriented penalties. Penalties should be clear up front, so time investment doesn't get wasted. I feel bad for those two 2k+ priests on EU getting dropped 200 rating after 100+ games.
Yes, all priests

Don't feel bad. We are doing this for balance and to correct the table. We don't want new players to see only Spriests at the top. So for now, in order to dilute the board with other classes, we decided to introduce this. Over time, we will also adjust the position of classes in the table to support diversification

Later, when the classes will be more predictable and clear, we will remove penalties and add new ones to have a balance
[doublepost=1647094306,1647094147][/doublepost]

We can't know in advance which classes will be penalized because we don't know the current arena meta. That's why such hotfixes happen without warning, so as not to alienate those who are just now finding out about the Ladder

Users who are viewing this thread