Are you DF ready? Last minute advice thread for 29s

I'd say 2h, Attack Power, 1h Ele Force (Never tried on hunter tho so not sure abt that).
Ranged is engineering scope I guess?
Edit: oh lvl 25 my bad, idk xD I would go with dmg.
Ranged shouldn't change with pre-patch atleast

Yeah, marks hunter likely no change. Things like incendiary ammo or frost-laced ammo on heirlooms stopped working for low levels long ago. Actually, I believe the +14 crit heartseeker scope (then scaled down to level) doesn't work until level 26.

If youre really itching to run some more WoD, the mastery trinket from the 3rd boss in iron docks is amazing too if you can get an epix one.... but you SHOULD be able to farm that after tomorrow.

Except blizz has dungeon loot all screwed up on the PTR... but it doesn't take an enchant so it really doesn't matter as they have to fix the dungeon scaling eventually and you can farm it then.... Have to... dont they?

so at 29...you can get items (i87 or above) with more than 1 socket on two pieces, chest and leggings.

what you do is: you put one doublet in chest and another doublet in leggings

this way, i get 1266 regen and 74 additional speed points with 11 gems and 2 doublets.

helm 1
necklace 1
shoulder 1
chest 1 + doublet
wrist 1
hands 1
belt 1
leggings 1 + doublet
feet 1
ring 1
weapon 1

what you do is:

NO.

Yes.... but no. What you do is put a different gem in each slot for gear with more than one. If you put in 2 mastery gems it will only give regen as if there was one gem. If you put 1 mastery and 1 vers in a two-slot item you'll get regen for both.

"Optimal".

Your revelation only works because you're bumbling into having a different gem type in each slot, but it is NOT dependent on using the utility gems there. If you can manage 10 two-slot items you can get full 2 gem regen for all 10 if you just dont put two of the same gem in any single item. As little as the SL stat gems are giving, it's irrelevant which stat you choose anyway...

Just use a different color SL gem in each slot on multi-socket gear. Full regen. Easy peasy. Go have a ball. :rolleyes:

edit- if you absolutely must have only 1 gem type on your toon, then yes, Do it the way Wrongalot explained. That'll do ya.

Thank for the replies.
Here's my level 25 hunter: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/malganis/groduk
.. and here's my level 20 hunter: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/aerie-peak/lofi
Let me know if there's anything I'm missing for prepatch. xD

Finally off my phone so I can check these out... my man, you farmed up some really nice gear. Excellent work!

Last edited:
NO.

Yes.... but no. What you do is put a different gem in each slot for gear with more than one. If you put in 2 mastery gems it will only give regen as if there was one gem. If you put 1 mastery and 1 vers in a two-slot item you'll get regen for both.

"Optimal".

Your revelation only works because you're bumbling into having a different gem type in each slot, but it is NOT dependent on using the utility gems there. If you can manage 10 two-slot items you can get full 2 gem regen for all 10 if you just dont put two of the same gem in any single item. As little as the SL stat gems are giving, it's irrelevant which stat you choose anyway...

Just use a different color SL gem in each slot on multi-socket gear. Full regen. Easy peasy. Go have a ball. :rolleyes:

edit- if you absolutely must have only 1 gem type on your toon, then yes, Do it the way Wrongalot explained. That'll do ya.

lol, even turning an investigatory discussion into a confrontational one, it's painfully obvious this guy is trolling at this point

either trolling or just angry constantly on the internet (and all the emotes, lol) to make up for something else in his miserable life.

So sounds like (simplicity sake placing doublet in first two items):

helm - doublet
necklace - doublet
shoulder - 1
chest - 1 versa + 1 other
wrist - 1
hands - 1
belt - 1
leggings - 1 versa + 1 other
feet - 1
ring #1 - 1
weapon #1 - 1

Theorizing:
Ring #2 - hope for WoD epic socket proc - +1 SL gem

Weapon #2 - if can live with losing the versa, speed, health per 5 sec of baron sword (but would gain stamina, speed, health regen back some from SL gem), then possibly:
  • second PoS 2h epic with socket for more stamina and +1 more SL gem
  • ToC marrowstrike with highest additional stamina than PoS epic but less strength, and +1 more SL gem
  • Possibly double marrowstrike for the extra stamina if strength doesn't matter, and 2 SL gems
  • only for speedy gonzales build: crow wing reaper with the ilvl 50 +5% and +3% speed gems and +3 stam gem
Trinket #1 - hope for WoD epic socket proc. To replace the Argussian Compass. Not in love with the 2 minute cooldown to always on SL gem. Anyways, can always farm that later.

baron sword offers 200 regen per 10 seconds, that alone is worth 2 shadowland gems...

what we need is ring 2 and cape from WoD that is WF+Socket, what a daunting task.

bring back the rivendare HPal, coward

i enjoy warrior much more than hpal somehow because people expect me to heal them when i play my hpal, how dare they.

edit: dueled someone again on PTR, seems that using a shield is still the best way to increase your survivability as a fury war because you can block (and shield block), also you gain so much armor. good thing i have a req=28 skullflame that will be ilvl=83 in DF.

Last edited:
lol, even turning an investigatory discussion into a confrontational one, it's painfully obvious this guy is trolling at this point

either trolling or just angry constantly on the internet (and all the emotes, lol) to make up for something else in his miserable life.

YOURE LITERALLY WRONG EVERY TIME YOU POST.

Yet you still spew out misinformation as "optimum" or "BiS".... I'm not angry, just trying to give you ONE chance to be right.

ONCE. Of course not... lol.

YOURE LITERALLY WRONG EVERY TIME YOU POST.

Yet you still spew out misinformation as "optimum" or "BiS".... I'm not angry, just trying to give you ONE chance to be right.

ONCE. Of course not... lol.

geez, all the caps too. you don't seem to be able to communicate like a normal human being, you argue with everyone on these forums and you rely on caps/italics/bold/emotes to get your points across.

sorry too busy gearing up my toon to quench your thirst for quarrel.

edit: dueled someone again on PTR, seems that using a shield is still the best way to increase your survivability as a fury war because you can block (and shield block), also you gain so much armor. good thing i have a req=28 skullflame that will be ilvl=83 in DF.

How about double shield? PepeLaugh I used to play a game where one could make tanks in plate armor and double large shields. People called me scum, but I laughed on the way to victory in 55x the length of normal fights.

People called me scum, but I laughed on the way to victory in 55x the length of normal fights.

yup. right now on PTR, 29 BiS hunter has a hard time killing me.

geez, all the caps too. you don't seem to be able to communicate like a normal human being, you argue with everyone on these forums and you rely on caps/italics/bold/emotes to get your points across.

sorry too busy gearing up my toon to quench your thirst for quarrel.

MAYBE STOP BEING WRONG.

Or at least stop spreading it. Why do you insist on telling everyone how to do things when you clearly have no clue?

It's hard to "quarrel" when you're literally never right... you'd think that would slow down your misinformation, but no. lol. I'm only doing this to give you what you want, attention. That thirst is never quenched, is it?

Just... dont spread nonsense.

How tf hard is that? :rolleyes:

hrm, i am the first one that pointed out the SL gem type finding (for pieces with multiple sockets) which probably gave you something to work on. you are welcome, i guess?

I dunno, I dont pay attention to you. Tetsuo gave me the information on page 1, not you.

edit- wait.... are you really trying to say you showed me how to figure out using different gem types??? I literally told you 3 different times IN THIS THREAD since last night your "testing" was wrong!! OMGLMAO you really are a trip!!! :KEKW::KEKW::KEKW:

*EDIT- figured out why I was having issues but waiting for Glance to do his own homework instead of spewing misinformation... so we'll see if he learns. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread