Alpha testing Legion

Does no one ever notice how much tinks are shamed upon end gamers all that will happen in bgs and arenas is shit talking and people telling us tinks suck and then people will think their good and do shit like try and FC on a warlock or some shit and their excuse is "it's low lvl bgs" "it's not rated who cares"

And when a high level person comes and makes a tw1nk that person is often called a "random", a "noob" and is ridiculed. Makes one wonder why low level XPoff people are thought of so poorly

And when a high level person comes and makes a tink that person is often called a "random", a "noob" and is ridiculed. Makes one wonder why low level XPoff people are thought of so poorly
I always welcome end gamers that are new to twinks into rumsey

Why the <flowers and sunshine> would I want my bracket to become that? Seriously?
The bold underlined parts are the things I do not like. I am sorry. It is not how I feel at all. This makes me think of f2p 20s claiming the older 20-24 bracket but in this case the only thing that seperates is an experience lock. It is still also the bracket of every other 10-19 character in this game.

Now just looking at, for example, xp on in the EU which I have to play at night because the xp locked games are not going, are actually pretty similar to the xp off games I play. Players just need direction and guidance to understand the meta. Now imagine we learn other players how to play and they might actually like it? and communities start to grow etc..
Even those games in xp on are actually dying in EU and all above lvl 19 in xp on in EU is a waste of time queueing for at all these days. Which means there are hardly people left to even want to play lower level bg's. Just think about this a little deeper.

Another thing actually is, we are speculating about the future, with Legion, where you also have to learn your class again. So many things will change. I actually think that it will have a more positive result then keeping just an elite group in xp off and levelers in xp on because we have the wargame (which is exactly the same as "I want my bracket" you are worrying about) option and we can actively recruit again in battlegrounds and grow :)

Nothing is set in stone yet but the change likely points to a merger. We will see in a couple of months when they open up the bg's on the Beta.

Last edited:
The bold underlined parts are the things I do not like. I am sorry. It is not how I feel at all. This makes me think of f2p 20s claiming the older 20-24 bracket but in this case the only thing that seperates is an experience lock. It is still also the bracket of every other 10-19 character in this game.

Now just looking at, for example, xp on in the EU which I have to play at night because the xp locked games are not going, are actually pretty similar to the xp off games I play. Players just need direction and guidance to understand the meta. Now imagine we learn other players how to play and they might actually like it? and communities start to grow etc..
Even those games in xp on are actually dying in EU and all above lvl 19 in xp on in EU is a waste of time queueing for at all these days. Which means there are hardly people left to even want to play lower level bg's. Just think about this a little deeper.

Another thing actually is, we are speculating about the future, with Legion, where you also have to learn your class again. So many things will change. I actually think that it will have a more positive result then keeping just an elite group in xp off and levelers in xp on because we have the wargame (which is exactly the same as "I want my bracket" you are worrying about) option and we can actively recruit again in battlegrounds and grow :)

Nothing is set in stone yet but the change likely points to a merger. We will see in a couple of months when they open up the bg's on the Beta.
The people that we recruit from bgs will not be anything near the amount of shit that will mess up the bracket we don't need to relearn our class but just adapt to newer stuff how twinks always do people thought cata was the end of good PvP but we adapted and became better

The people that we recruit from bgs will not be anything near the amount of <bad players, flowers and sunshine> that will mess up the bracket we don't need to relearn our class but just adapt to newer stuff how tinks always do people thought cata was the end of good PvP but we adapted and became better
I dunno but you are 16 years old... Did you actually even play cata at all, know the play styles from before cata? how are you so sure about what is good pvp or not? this is a serious question. Not bashing your age here if you think that was the intention.

I do agree on the adapting part, true but still a bad player can learn to be good, that is not a thing I agree on and the people who mess up just needs a bump into the right direction. If you dislike someone elses play style you can always teach but then again why force your own play style onto someone else :)

Last edited:
@ Gokku - Log on tonight, and don't queue for bg's or arena. Try finding something to do for an hour or two, then log off. Then tomorrow, log, don't queue and find something to do. Do it day after day, then maybe on the fourth day queue for a bg. Let me tell you, not everyone is in a position to get bg queues pop all the time, I for one feel lucky if I can get a bg every 2 to 3 days. I would strongly suggest quantity over quality at this stage. As much as I appreciate quality, and enjoy hard fought bg's, I would take quantity.
In actual fact, I've had to resort to making F2P toons - level up to 10 then bg all the way to 20, just so I can get some quicker pops. The 10 - 19 XP ON bg's pop at a decent rate for me, so at least I can get some bg action.
I do understand where you are coming from, and I appreciate it, but some of us twinks are bg starved and would gladly welcome the merger. I am all for it ;)

You CANNOT argue that the quality of pugs won't be worse. Its a fact. If they merged BGs, you will no longer be able to rely on healers, DPS or FCs.

Play a few XP-On bgs. Priest are just DPS bots, DPS run in by themselves over and over again and die, and FCs make terrible decisions.

Why the duck would I want my bracket to become that? Seriously? For the sake of people to get pops that are still holding on to the 39/49/59 dream?

Please.

1. No one say quality will be better. The truth of the fact is - it is already flat shit right now. 19/20 (others are just none exist) you ether gy farm or get farmed or waist 20 min with no cap due to 4 disco on both team dancing around mid.
I'm not sure how facing army of drama fotm over and over again in pvp can be called a good thing for the "community".
If that is the "community" then it should not exist as it is shit.
One word can describe the state of it: incest.

2. Unless you are premading right now ( i see no reason why you wouldn't be able to in legion ) - you can not rely on healers or dps anyway. pug is pug.

As for being surrounded by bots - well there will be more room for you yourself to shine with your skill.

3. The only reason i can see to be against the merge:
- Too attached to current drama
- Too attached to gear and can't deal with fact that anyone who just level via bg wont know/give 2shits about locked persons accomplishments.

The sad this is: in the end if merge go live blizz will probably listen to 3 whiny people who ether or both of listed above and reverse it back. Making 95% of the others deal with sick interpretations of having fun in bg.

All they can do is shut down private servers.

I dunno but you are 16 years old... Did you actually even play cata at all, know the play styles from before cata? how are you so sure about what is good pvp or not? this is a serious question. Not bashing your age here if you think that was the intention.

I do agree on the adapting part, true but still a bad player can learn to be good, that is not a thing I agree on and the people who mess up just needs a bump into the right direction. If you dislike someone elses play style you can always teach but then again why force your own play style onto someone else :)
I started late vanilla but started twinking in cata when 10 days turned into starters

@ Gokku - Log on tonight, and don't queue for bg's or arena. Try finding something to do for an hour or two, then log off. Then tomorrow, log, don't queue and find something to do. Do it day after day, then maybe on the fourth day queue for a bg. Let me tell you, not everyone is in a position to get bg queues pop all the time, I for one feel lucky if I can get a bg every 2 to 3 days. I would strongly suggest quantity over quality at this stage. As much as I appreciate quality, and enjoy hard fought bg's, I would take quantity.
In actual fact, I've had to resort to making F2P toons - level up to 10 then bg all the way to 20, just so I can get some quicker pops. The 10 - 19 XP ON bg's pop at a decent rate for me, so at least I can get some bg action.
I do understand where you are coming from, and I appreciate it, but some of us tinks are bg starved and would gladly welcome the merger. I am all for it ;)
Wot bracket do you play? 49s? Lol my bracket gets daily pops from back to backs to around 30 min que most with 5 man

1. No one say quality will be better. The truth of the fact is - it is already flat shit right now. 19/20 (others are just none exist) you ether gy farm or get farmed or waist 20 min with no cap due to 4 disco on both team dancing around mid.
I'm not sure how facing army of drama fotm over and over again in pvp can be called a good thing for the "community".
If that is the "community" then it should not exist as it is shit.
One word can describe the state of it: incest.

2. Unless you are premading right now ( i see no reason why you wouldn't be able to in legion ) - you can not rely on healers or dps anyway. pug is pug.

As for being surrounded by bots - well there will be more room for you yourself to shine with your skill.

3. The only reason i can see to be against the merge:
- Too attached to current drama
- Too attached to gear and can't deal with fact that anyone who just level via bg wont know/give 2shits about locked persons accomplishments.

The sad this is: in the end if merge go live blizz will probably listen to 3 whiny people who ether or both of listed above and reverse it back. Making 95% of the others deal with sick interpretations of having fun in bg.

All they can do is shut down private servers.
That's why I keep my guild on Alliance to make the games fair I try and gather the best 20s on alliance and keep them with each other so when we hit bgs against fotm alliance has the upper hand and the people that have seen my guild go full apes on horde knows it I just think that the brackets past 39 twinks shouldn't be a bracket those where only twinks back in the day who wanted more spells to rek people with they didn't think it was a legit twinking bracket their conceptions was why have 4 spells when I can get 30 more levels and have 12 spells I prefer if you don't play 19s or 20s you rlly should bc then you would have less stuff to complain about and you would notice we need quality over more plebs thinking their r1 if we merge our numbers might grow but then we would rely on war games for real games rather than bgs and when we do not have conpetitive bgs the majority of the community goes MIA

Wot bracket do you play? 49s? Lol my bracket gets daily pops from back to backs to around 30 min que most with 5 man
20 - 29's.
Being on an Oceanic Server, and at the western end of the freaking timezone, I'm 3 - 5 hours out from the majority of Oceania and 12 hours out from US, combine that with the fact I can usually only play late at night (10:30pm to 12:30am), most of Australia is sleeping and the US is probably at Starbucks or whatever they do............
Welcome to Ghosttown Server..........

Edit : Don't forget the wonderful additional lag we get here........ Love those bg's that lock up, or an arena battle with a lag spike up to 1500....... Man, why do I still play this game - lol.

The problem is, twinking was popular for what most of us would consider to be THE WRONG reasons. I.e. putting all the undergeared newbs on farm.

If we are merged with XP-On players, do you REALLY think there will be much draw for new people to turn their exp off anymore? For what, a 1% advantage?

There idea of making a twink will no longer be illustrious to most players.

Trust me, I'd love to be able to play games. My play time is mostly BEFORE and AFTER queue times at 19. I just really believe that many people will leave the bracket when competitive games go from every day to wargames exclusively. VERY LITTLE new blood will enter the bracket without the appeal of twinking in the old sense of the term.

Thats how I see it. And until it is proven one way or the other, it will remain the way I see it.

And when we do not have conpetitive bgs the majority of the community goes MIA

I just really believe that many people will leave the bracket when competitive games go from every day to wargames exclusively.

Pick up group is meant to bring variety of skill in to bg.
if a person looking for top end in 19s - only preset roster on both sides can give that.
If you call a bracket where majority plays strong and up classes & 30-50% of damage comes from enchants a competitive game play - i don't see reason arguing as we seems to have completely different opinions on competitive aspect.

I think a point that's being skated over and used in a lot of poor arguments is organization of active players in each bracket. Merged or not, our community is hardly tight knit these days. 19s and 20s have the most organization, and even they are hardly as organized as is possible. That won't change with merges. People put too much focus on what others are doing instead of improving themselves. You want better battlegrounds? Strive to become a leader. Improve them. Teach players. Provide advice, not insults. Foster growth. There are things you can actively due, even in xpon, that will improve your games. Complaining is not one of them. You want change? Make it. Stop being entitled children.

I think a point that's being skated over and used in a lot of poor arguments is organization of active players in each bracket. Merged or not, our community is hardly tight knit these days. 19s and 20s have the most organization, and even they are hardly as organized as is possible. That won't change with merges. People put too much focus on what others are doing instead of improving themselves. You want better battlegrounds? Strive to become a leader. Improve them. Teach players. Provide advice, not insults. Foster growth. There are things you can actively due, even in xpon, that will improve your games. Complaining is not one of them. You want change? Make it. Stop being entitled children.
We would be trying to make monkeys smart in planet of the apes 19/20 chance is a fail and the 1 that makes it turns their back on you and try's and become better than you the thing is that the new people in the merged bracket don't want to learn but instead sabotage the games, the brackets for them is nothing but a joke to them because they don't not understand our concept of it. We will try and teach and recruit but end up with nothing. All we are doing is telling them is that our bracket is a legit thing but whether or not most of them will laugh it off. You see someone like Lenny or Pizza going for flag but some random pleb picks it up and when you tell him to pass he says YOUR the noob and let him carry you and he thinks going tunn while their FC is coming up tunn with half their team and he gets raped in tunn game over. Now imagine that disappointment and how it could have been prevented would if that is every game? What would you do if a pleb endgame pro disc glad rolls into a bg and links his glad, you think he's gonna heal you but in mid he says he only dps and that's your only healer? Then what you give up ? When more people like that enter the bracket less twinks will be in bgs resulting as if you are playing xpon bracket by yourself and you have to carry the team . Since gear and experience is what seperates us and the xpon since gear is gone and they ignore our experience then what? They think they are better than some r1 twink that's been playing in bracket for years . I understand you think they can adapt to our bracket but that's like sending a f2p who never played past 20 to endgame in glad level arenas shit gets rlly fucked up people get shit talked. Imo merging would lower the skill in the bracket

We would be trying to make monkeys smart in planet of the apes 19/20 chance is a fail and the 1 that makes it turns their back on you and try's and become better than you the thing is that the new people in the merged bracket don't want to learn but instead sabotage the games, the brackets for them is nothing but a joke to them because they don't not understand our concept of it. We will try and teach and recruit but end up with nothing. All we are doing is telling them is that our bracket is a legit thing but whether or not most of them will laugh it off. You see someone like Lenny or Pizza going for flag but some random pleb picks it up and when you tell him to pass he says YOUR the noob and let him carry you and he thinks going tunn while their FC is coming up tunn with half their team and he gets raped in tunn game over. Now imagine that disappointment and how it could have been prevented would if that is every game? What would you do if a pleb endgame pro disc glad rolls into a bg and links his glad, you think he's gonna heal you but in mid he says he only dps and that's your only healer? Then what you give up ? When more people like that enter the bracket less tinks will be in bgs resulting as if you are playing xpon bracket by yourself and you have to carry the team . Since gear and experience is what seperates us and the xpon since gear is gone and they ignore our experience then what? They think they are better than some r1 tink that's been playing in bracket for years . I understand you think they can adapt to our bracket but that's like sending a f2p who never played past 20 to endgame in glad level arenas shit gets rlly fucked up people get shit talked. Imo merging would lower the skill in the bracket
No offense but you could do with less run on sentences. The thing is you're doing exactly what I said. You're acting as though your ideals are the only ones. As though the bracket is yours. People don't innately respect you. You can be the best player in all the world and still will be disrespected by some players. You earn that respect. So yes some players are annoying, insufferable, and irritating but the one who allows that to affect them is you. It's a game. Franky, if you've been playing as long as you say you have, you should know this. Raging about it, especially in a place as niche as this, is doing nothing to improve the situation. You can never make someone do what you want without showing you're willing to work with them. Don't rage at them, help them improve. You'd be amazed how much positive reinforcement works. And if they ignore it? They have no interest in improving and are not worth the time stresting over.

Like that? :
noobs <flowers and sunshine> up games
Funny comming from a spc member. I pretty much thought the same when your guild came into the 20-29 bracket <flowers and sunshine> up the game. I actually went playing Alliance at that point too because of it. (ok and Dan asking me to help fight the rusty/clinic party team queue ups).

Last edited:
A new thing on the Alpha is that you can mog your loom head and shoulders now like I did with the mail ones on my 19 hunter. There is also a downside to mogging and that is that I wasn't able to mog any leather gear on the same hunter. Was not able to mog gloves of the fang and leggings of the fang. Not sure if this is the same on live but I never noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread