Alpha testing Legion

So you probably know that I have acces to Legion Alpha and after a bit fooling around with the new Demon Hunter its time to do some twinking research.

First to say this is Alpha and all can be changed however I can inform something about the skills that are available and the minor changes to classes. Many things are not in place on these realms its not a finished world so I'm giving as much feedback as I can to Blizzard and I can also do that for the specific twink levels as I started with a 19 druid.

I've begun playing a druid from scratch to see the shift changes and the new forms which are quite nice and to see how the skill build up works now and which one we will have at level 19. I had a little trouble with changing specs but that worked out with the help of a friend because switching costs 100g and mail aint working as of yet.

So to keep this short is that I will be working on several 19 classes and trying to get the hang of them with these new changes to come in Legion for now and making some sort of report about the changes and will try and update as changes might occur. I know this is a sensitive subject so I wont go in it to deep but things like skills and like how the playstyle might change and more spec related looks to me like some nice info to share.

Happy tinkering!

Ps. If any gets an Alpha or a Beta invite later, let me know we might get some more work done and if you are up for it.

Last edited:
awesome! Enjoy the research :p
Up till now the specs feel pretty different from eachother with more role depth into the abilities. Hope this will work out in pvp combat :)

For druid its a shame they took out the cat and bear abilities for all caster specs and giving affinity through a talent, for me on alpha its a lvl 45 tier talent but its probably for level 90 like the tooltip says that gives each spec affinity with another and giving them some basic moves like heal (regrowth,rejuvenation,swiftmend and a 4th I do not remember atm), tank (Bear), dps (cat) and dps (moonkin) abilities and might give some purpose to the empty feel of cat and bear form which just has basic auto attack and, ok, moonfire working like faerie fire in bear form.
Also the generation of astral power for Balance seems useless at this level while there is no skill that consume it. At level 24 you get Starsurge and costs 40 astral power and is instant. Astral power builds up to 100 from certain skills.

Last edited:
Does PvP work on the Alpha testing realm? I'd like to hear how gear scaling operates and what your gear looks like in a bg or arena. Also, are there any new enchants that can be applied to twinks (at least for PvE purposes)?
I love this period before a new XPac launches, it's exciting trying to work out all the changes. Sad, i know but it's something I've always enjoyed ;)

Does PvP work on the Alpha testing realm? I'd like to hear how gear scaling operates and what your gear looks like in a bg or arena. Also, are there any new enchants that can be applied to tinks (at least for PvE purposes)?
I love this period before a new XPac launches, it's exciting trying to work out all the changes. Sad, i know but it's something I've always enjoyed ;)
Nope not yet

Does PvP work on the Alpha testing realm?
After an update today Blizzard introduced a pvp realm for 110 premade characters and has instanced pvp working.

On the leveling realm the pvp tab is now also working.

So It can be tested, just need the players for it to do so.

We also have now Copy character/Copy Account Data but that is pretty much failing atm and getting stuck on Please Wait... Copy in Progress.

Last edited:
After an update today Blizzard introduced a pvp realm for 110 premade characters and has instanced pvp working.

We also have now Copy character/Copy Account Data but that is pretty much failing atm and getting stuck on Please Wait... Copy in Progress.
Once it's up and running correctly - please don't keep us in suspense. I'd like to hear all about it. I'm keen to see if with the gear and no enchants or consumables it makes it a more even playing field. Possibly F2P's pretty much equal to Vets and both almost in line with 29's who may have only a few extra abilities.

I can't wait to see how it plays out :)

please don't keep us in suspense.
I can tell that the S1 pvp trinkets that increases health and intel proc works in instanced pvp. Not sure but I read/heard that trinkets wouldn't work in instanced pvp. These do, maby they haven't done this trinket stuff yet. Am going to get me, well trying I suppose, to get AGM on the 110 premade character (have it on my leveling druid) to check that one out, I'll try heirloom trinkets in a moment (Defending Champion, Inherited Mark of Tyranny and heirloom necks heal) which I'll edit in within the hour or so, if bg's still pop lol been in queue for over 30 minutes now, it might be down. Edit: these 3 heirlooms worked. I assume all trinkets still work.

Hope character copy will work soon then I have enchanting up and can get twinks over to the alpha to check that out. Hope we get some people to check all of this out with wargames.

Last edited:
I can tell that the S1 pvp trinkets that increases health and intel proc works in instanced pvp. Not sure but I read/heard that trinkets wouldn't work in instanced pvp. These do, maby they haven't done this trinket stuff yet.
Yeah, I thought all trinkets would be switched off. If that's the case, it'll make the trinket slots useless for PvP which is a bit sad, all that farming for the AGM loom was worthless after Legion.......
Like you say, maybe they haven't turned them off yet.
Anyhow, looking forward to what you can glean from the bg's on Alpha ;)

will level a rogue today

Really cool!

Just thinking about it, why would blizzard make s1 pvp gear even with versa, haste and mastery on it (for my premade druid) when they say stats will come from templates, its just mind boggling. Starting to believe stats will still make some sort of impact and we blew all those ideas out of proportion to let us selves believe that it will be the end of stats and having no effect at all.

can you see legion invasion across old world as low lvl? any rewards yet?
Nope, I've asked on the Alpha forums, I was curious myself, because I didn't see anything happening other then a timer on the map in green and the text "under invasion" when leveling my druid on the leveling realm. On the pvp realm I didn't see anything either with the 110 premade druid in the zone that was marked with invasion. But a nice panda who experienced it on the leveling realm told me how it works http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742724494

will level a rogue today
I've leveld past 19 with my druid obviously for testing old contect but am having a hunter at 13 or so for this purpose and testing the new survival. Could use someone to exchange gold for changing specs which is actually a huge let down if this goes live for 100g, mail is still not working sadly.

But with stats testing in bg I could just swap the s1 trinket again for the defending champion and look at the stats sheet and watch how the versa and stamina in it changes. I was to tired and forgot yesterday but am assuming they do because of the s1 trinket that procced intellect and increased my damage.

About the Wardrobe, this works perfectly ony thing, you can't use high level items to mog your lower level. I'll try to do a quest with a no requierment level item as reward and see if that works. I'll log into the Alpha in a few and this is the thing I'll try out first. To me this is way more important then all that other stuff. Who doesn't wants to look nice :)

More things to check out, if you know anything, I'll happily do it. Pvp at 110 is fun, alot more basic but wonky with over and under tuned abilities. The prestige system and their talents are a bit of a let down, they are mostly passives but gives a player something to do and work towards and this might get me back into endgame pvp. Not had this much fun with pvp in years.

If I had a good pc I'd stream it all, not sure if it can handle twitch or something like that with not overheating my pc.

Last edited:
I can confirm that using higher level items without level requierment work for mogging! This might change because this is not intended and I will obviously not report this as a bug but when blizzard noticing this I bet it will be fixed like all previous mogging bugs :p

On a side note, the wardrobe works like this: Items only getting added from quests that you can currently use. During leveling my druid only leather items were added to the wardrobe not every single item I could get from quests. This means you have to, if you want to collect all items without level requierment before the legion pre patch, do all the desired quests on the apropriate class that can wear the item. This is the same for weapons, all weapons from quests that your class can use will be added to the wardrobe. This means if you haven't done all quests with all classes that can wear the different armor types you still have to do them in order to get these mogging items without level requierment unlocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vor

Users who are viewing this thread