About MM hunter

While I can’t say much about MM I do play my hunter quite a bit (level 20).

Now as for pet I think it depends on the bracket you’re most interested in. At level 20 10% leech sounds cool, but is negligible due to the lower damage numbers. Obviously those numbers increase as does your level / damage output, in turn making Leech more valuable.

I prefer the extra movement speed. 8% is no joke and it can give you an extra edge over melee oponents.

has no hard CC

Concussive shot, counter shot, bursting shot, freezing trap, tar trap, scatter shot, explosive trap.

barely any self peel

Concussive shot is a full uptime peel, and hunters can kite...

no extra mobility or utility over the other two specs

Cheetah aspect, disengage. Might not be more than the other 2 specs, but it is on par with BM.

and less overall damage throughput.

Cant speak for other brackets, but like I said, when the RNG hits, I can instantly deal 90% of another twinks health right from camo.

At level 20 10% leech sounds cool, but is negligible due to the lower damage numbers.

10% is 10% regardless of level and damage output. To say it is negligible is to say your damage is negligible, as if you do so little damage that 10% leech is never going to save you.

I prefer the extra movement speed. 8% is no joke and it can give you an extra edge over melee oponents.

But does nothing against other ranged classes, or classes with both a gap close and a slow. It also limits what boot enchantments are effective.

MM uses pets when they need to, and you should have access to both 10% Leech and 8% MS at your whim.

Concussive shot, counter shot, bursting shot, freezing trap, tar trap, scatter shot, explosive trap.

All of those are soft CC as none prevent your opponent from acting or break upon damage.

Concussive shot is a full uptime peel, and hunters can kite...

If both players are 50% Slowed then neither player can escape. I'm not talking about clubbing seals who don't slow you the moment they can.

Cheetah aspect, disengage. Might not be more than the other 2 specs, but it is on par with BM.

"Extra". BM also has access to Intimidation and thus a far more powerful kit from the getgo.

Edit: What I am trying to say is if you have access to it, use it, and that MM was in dire need of all the changes (bar the change to Lethal Shots) it is receiving.

Last edited:
10% is 10% regardless of level and damage output. To say it is negligible is to say your damage is negligible, as if you do so little damage that 10% leech is never going to save you.

But does nothing against other ranged classes, or classes with both a gap close and a slow. It also limits what boot enchantments are effective.

MM uses pets when they need to, and you should have access to both 10% Leech and 8% MS at your whim.

All of those are soft CC as none prevent your opponent from acting or break upon damage.

If both players are 50% Slowed then neither player can escape. I'm not talking about clubbing seals who don't slow you the moment they can.

"Extra". BM also has access to Intimidation and thus a far more powerful kit from the getgo.

Edit: What I am trying to say is if you have access to it, use it, and that MM was in dire need of all the changes (bar the change to Lethal Shots) it is receiving.

Yes I know the 10% doesn’t change. What I am saying is if you hit a 500 that’s only 50 health from the Leech bonus. I hardly think it will save you at level 20. That’s my point.

I hardly think

10% from lone wolf won't always been the reason you get a kill. 8% movespeed won't always be the reason you escape or get into position.

If you have never seen 10% leech save your life then your scope of experience is too narrow to comment.

Edit: Fml I come off bitey sometimes. Sorry guys. My visa expired today as did my subscription, and I was a few thousand gold off my resub. Bit edgy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread