EU+US A journey to the Sun: From Silithus to Blackrock Mountain, bathing in the purple rain.

Does Hand of Edward drop in BS? Only seen it drop in Silithus once and never heard of one drop in BS.

Probably only in Silithus, just as Blade of Hanna. I've ... literally ... killed over 1M mobs in BS now and haven't seen it, but seen a few hanna's & edwards in Silithus.

Kind regards

I know im new, (please don't hate on me) but, I have been testing the required level and ilvl to try and drop 19 29 39 BOE greens and have been recording some data.
Have any of you guys tried getting drunk as fuck on your toons to "lower" the lvl of the mobs and see if you are able to loot on a lower lvl toon?

I can say not to 100% as I have just quickly checked but yesterday I killed Ornat (Rare burning steppes) on a level 100 and receieved Righteous Boots at req 60 ilvl 58. Just now after drinking alot of Flask of Stormwind Tawny and repeating the same rare it dropped the same boots (different suffix) and got a req 56 ilvl 58.

Will test some more.

Can someone explain what monks have to do with this? Is it just for the scripts or does loot drop more off for them?

Can someone explain what monks have to do with this? Is it just for the scripts or does loot drop more off for them?

Totem has an aoe taunt for all shit within 20 (25?) Yards. With twinks pulling mobs to the totem, monk stands still and does its kicky thing to kill em all

Does anyone know of any good spots for farming items like Orb of Mistmantle/Silver-Thread Rod?

A follow up to the "drunk" drops.

I know im new, (please don't hate on me) but, I have been testing the required level and ilvl to try and drop 19 29 39 BOE greens and have been recording some data.

I can say not to 100% as I have just quickly checked but yesterday I killed Ornat (Rare burning steppes) on a level 100 and receieved Righteous Boots at req 60 ilvl 58. Just now after drinking alot of Flask of Stormwind Tawny and repeating the same rare it dropped the same boots (different suffix) and got a req 56 ilvl 58.

Will test some more.

I have tested alot and can say the armor does not scale with the drunkness of the toon. Furthermore Blizzard implemented it as a visual effect more then an actual thing.

Using a level 34 normal and 39 twink, I was still getting req 36 ilvl 39 with and without a higher level in party. But I will say a couple of rares did drop two greens instead of one. If it was the drunkness or not im not sure. But interestingly one of my duo drops was a req 36 ilvl 39 armor, and a req 39 ilvl 42 Glowstar Rod of the Quickblade, and according to WH its a req 52 ilvl 57 item.. (I know weapons scale to 39 and armor doesn't at the moment)

Also, I know its not this bracket but I ran a 29 (Skull level mobs. Too high level and locks exp and loot) in Burning Steppes with a higher toon, got 'completely smashed' from alcohol and it did not drop from anything, including rares. The mob's level did not visually for me go down to any level and stayed as a skull level. (skull mobs are 10+ level higher then your current level)

The test was to get drunk and reduce the rares level by 5 from 42 to 37 as it is on my level 34. As it would have been level 37, my 29 twink should have identified the mobs level and "unlocked" the exp and dropped items, to which it did not and stayed at skull level. So running a drunk 39 with mobs 10+ levels will not work.

Users who are viewing this thread