EU+US A journey to the Sun: From Silithus to Blackrock Mountain, bathing in the purple rain.

If any Alliance players are looking to farm this spot hit me up i can contribute 2 accounts. Just need 2 more accounts to make it truly efficient. Tornac#1751 add me

Congrats on the 2nd NA https://www.wowhead.com/item=2243/hand-of-edward-the-odd&bonus=3968 using this location!

For anyone running full/larger groups, implement a 2x4 method similar to what's being used for BfA Mount farms in the new zones. So keep 1 monk in the first group with 3 other XPOff players. The second group will be composed similarly, and make sure that you are splitting the two groups into what is most efficient for pulling mobs towards the ox statues. In total, you should have 2 monks and 6 XPOff toons tagging mobs, for much, much quicker respawns and higher quantity net loot.

This works because in raid, tagging is limited to individuals and cannot be claimed for the entire raid. However, with a party of 4 players, that 5th tag is available to anyone in the same shard as you.

This is where Group 2 comes in. The second monk's statue OR the 3 other toons in that group are then able to tag the mob for themselves and the ENTIRE 2nd group. This allows you to farm gear for up to 6 XPOff toons while splitting the monks up to maximize efficiency.

Current testing is being done about expanding the group with more monks (non-grouped) in order to maximize the ox statue pulls.

Last edited:
Level 39 is ideal, items scaling past that is just a cost of doing the farm unfortunately. I would assume you were in Burning Steppes where it has a slightly higher tendency to level past.

Note, it won't proc in this bracket but it is a really strong and top tier ring for casters.
Afaik only the GF'd https://www.wowhead.com/item=34227/deadmans-hand will proc a similar effect.

The Freezing Band procs at 39 now! It didn't used to, but something changed about 3-4 weeks ago. A few of us in Discord freaked out when the big ice appeared. Hopefully the proc didn't get changed back.

quick question. if im farming this place at max level, will epics all be lvl 60 required? so far all the blues ive gotten are 60 required, but all the greens seem to be 51 required.

quick question. if im farming this place at max level, will epics all be lvl 60 required? so far all the blues ive gotten are 60 required, but all the greens seem to be 51 required.

That's correct. Without a level ~39 with you, all the epics will scale to their max level allowed i.e. 60.

Reactions: Fez
so basically if you're only going for scaled epics (edward the odd for my 59) its only worthwhile to loot on the 59?
[doublepost=1541560880,1541560213][/doublepost]you know what? f this im just gonna buy one somewhere else and xfer

I dont have the patience for this but man......kudos to those of you that do!

Yes, that's why there's communal efforts in the 39 bracket to farm out this gear. It has a mucher high drop chance when you game the tables and are able to take advantage of having 6 people able to loot scaled epics.

Quite the feeling having one drop though and makes its own reward.

Few questions:
Does the Silithus and Burning Steppes farm drop the same items?
Does all epics scale to 39 when looting them on a level 39? Mostly asking this because I've looted a few blue BoEs that have been scaled to 41 and above on my level 39

Half of your question is answered literally on this page of the thread. Do some reading.

Can't say about the drop tables, though I've heard they are the same minus a few items.

Add me on ally eu if u wanna grind for some twink gear! Got two accs ready 2 go! :D Skitty#21226

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread