A guide to HASTE and its benefits

Snowjobs

Fluffy
Ferals, guardians, rogues , hunters , and warriors have dots which are unaffected by haste !

Background:

Recently I did research on haste and how it effects the total damage of a spell and how I could use that to my advantage in order to maximize total damage and healing in a bg cause who doesn't want to top charts and stuff ya know . # > skill

The Formula:

% haste required for a extra tick = ( 1 / (number of ticks total * 2))*100​

The logic:

Now when going for maximum damage from spells wether it be Corruption - Spell - World of Warcraft or Hand of Gul'dan - Spell - World of Warcraft you have a few possibilities on how to gear.

Lets use corruption for example. First we will calculate the percent needed for a extra tick.
(1/ (9*2) ) *100 = 5.5 %​

so from this we can see if the lock can get 5.5 % haste he will gain one tick.

after you hit that 5.5% threshold the damage of your dot won't increase from haste until the next boundary which would be in this case 16.65% for a second tick.

Now how does this compare to just plain int stacking ? Well besides the obvious benefits of more ticks giving more demonic fury for a warlock lets just look purely at damage . For this i will use the f2p dev developed by Hashbrowns

ALL STATS ARE IN BGS.​

A warlock in max sp gear with 2 haste trinkets and the haste cloak is at 5.8% haste and 179 sp . Just over the first soft cap for corruption.

A warlock with no haste in max sp gear with 2 int trinks has 194 sp and 0% haste.

the formula for the damage of a corruption tick at lvl 24 is 9 + 16% SP

so in haste gear (9+.16*179)* 10 ticks = 376.4
and
in max sp gear ( 9 + .16* 194) *9 ticks = 360.36

so there you have it the haste set would not only do more damage but provide more demo furry .

for each ADDITIONAL DOT AFTER THE FIRST add 2* first breakpoint.
so for corruption the second additional dot would be 5.5% + 11% =16.5%
third additional dot is 5.5% + 11% +11% = 27.5%

now some other factors are that non dot instants such as sucubuss lash would loose a little damage because they aren't effected by haste . I will look into how haste effects pets though because I'm not aware as to whether or not a imps cast time is sped up by masters haste.
Also, haste reduces the global cool down (of casters) from 1.5 sec to a minimum of 1 sec .​

Conclusion:

Either way there is the information and I'm tired. In the future (within the week ) i will expand this guide to have the required haste percentages for ever class and their dots in order to save your time and whether or not its worth while to gear for haste in my opinion. If you guys have any suggestions pls let me know . Also i may have questions on formatting and stuff tomorrow so there is that too .

Sources:
Maths of Pandaria: DPS Caster Haste Breakpoint Cards - Blogs - Totemspot
Druid Haste Rating Breakpoints
Wowhead: If you are reading this, stop pressing F5.
my wow dependent brain .

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to goblin racial subtract 1% from all values.

Haste does not effect the dots of classes who get faster resource regen due to it ( rogues and hunters and ferals)

for each ADDITIONAL DOT AFTER THE FIRST add 2* first breakpoint.
so for corruption the second additional dot would be 5.5% + 11% =16.5%
third additional dot is 5.5% + 11% +11% = 27.5%

Shaman :
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61295
Haste breakpoint = 8.3%

Flame Shock - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 5%

Mage:
Pyroblast - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 8.3% haste

Preist:

Shadow Word: Pain - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 8.3%

Mind Flay - Spell - World of Warcraft
Not effected by Haste Breakpoints simply speeds up the channel

Penance - Spell - World of Warcraft
Not effected by Haste Breakpoints

Holy Fire - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 7.14%

Warlock:

Corruption - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 5.57%

Unstable Affliction - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 7.15% (Dispel damage not effected by haste)

Drain Soul - Spell - World of Warcraft
Not effected by Haste Breakpoints simply reduces duration

Hand of Gul'dan - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 8.33 %

Immolate - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 10%

Druid:

Rejuvenation - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 12.5%

Moonfire - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint = 7.15%

Sunfire - Spell - World of Warcraft
Haste Breakpoint= 7.15%

HASTE GEAR AVAILABLE

1 haste = .325 % haste

Swift Hand of Justice - Item - World of Warcraft
7 haste = 2.275%

Musty Tome of the Lost - Item - World of Warcraft
4 haste= 1.3 %

Tumultuous Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft of the sorcerer
4 haste =1.3 %

Vigorous Belt - Item - World of Warcraft of vision
4 haste = 1.3%

Vigorous Belt - Item - World of Warcraft of the wild
6 haste = 1.95%

Enumerated Wrap - Item - World of Warcraft of the sorcerer
6 haste = 1.95%

Earthbound Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft of the sorcerer
6 haste = 1.95%

Lifeblood - Spell - World of Warcraft
15 haste = 4.875

http://www.wowhead.com/item=48716
2 haste = .65%

Fluffy boomkin buddy = 5%

http://www.wowhead.com/item=38318 of sorcerer
4 haste = 1.3%

didn't know haste affected dots, but its probably only good for hardcasters

haste has a bigger effect than int or crit on your damage/heals per second when hardcasting and getting off a heal/fear/poly etc quicker is always useful

IMO who gives a crap about your final few corruption ticks, your target is either dying before the final ticks or you are dead.

But I definitely appreciate the thought and research you've put into this.

It make your DoTs and HoTs tick really fast. It's worth stacking up until a point, the soft cap, and after that, another stat like Int or SP, and then if you get close to another soft cap, then haste becomes a stronger choice. and so on. Also does haste % scale down in bgs?

Well I think the dot/hot part is negligible, its better for hardcasting

you can work out the average damage/healing per second with this:

spell*(1+1*(crit/100))/casttime

spell is the damage/healing taken from the tooltip

crit is your crit % (for spells like regrowth remember to add the extra crit chance)

haste % dose indeed scale down in bgs

also are u planning to do every dot/hot avalible to f2p's o_O
I am using the f2p dev program from hash browns so all numbers will be in bg's and yes eventually this will have all dots available . Also yes it does effect the gcd of your spells so you can spam your stuff faster for "quicker " burst

I am using the f2p dev program from hash browns so all numbers will be in bg's and yes eventually this will have all dots available . Also yes it does effect the gcd of your spells so you can spam your stuff faster for "quicker " burst

Noooo D: Don't give away my secret! I've been using haste since cata and been called a noob since cata for it... Now these other hunts may finally catch on :(

Sawwy babe ^ anywho I am only able to use internet through my phone right now so I won't be making any super big changes until the end of the week when all my tests are done with . I will probably have a table for each class with the haste break points and what not so stay tuned

Noooo D: Don't give away my secret! I've been using haste since cata and been called a noob since cata for it... Now these other hunts may finally catch on :(

it's no secret, people just like to hit harder and crit more often.

Serpent Sting's tick probably isn't affect by haste, I know rogue's Deadly Poison isn't. Gl out there, happy guiding ;)

Rogue poisons, all bleeds and things such as Serpent Sting are considered physical sources even though they sometimes deal other schools of damage. Physical DoTs aren´t affected by Haste. Those classes get faster swing timers instead. Steady Shot is a hardcast and thus gains benefit.

it's no secret, people just like to hit harder and crit more often.

Most Hunters use Serpents or Hyena instead of borderline worthless haste gear (no, it truly isn't useful for Hunters to stack haste in gear).

Rogue poisons, all bleeds and things such as Serpent Sting are considered physical sources even though they sometimes deal other schools of damage. Physical DoTs aren´t affected by Haste. Those classes get faster swing timers instead. Steady Shot is a hardcast and thus gains benefit.

Any class which gains resource regen increases due to haste ( feral rogue and hunters) don't gain # of dot tick increases from haste

:rolleyes:

the slight haste you can stack on a f2p hunt will NEV ER be worth losing the agi/crit. you might have a tiny argument with trinkets... i'd personally rather have insignia though.

/salute sir

what about channeled things like drainlife?

I just added a note about that in the guide . Haste does not give channeled spells additional ticks it just speeds up the overall cast.

hmmmmm i have searched all over and everything i have found says that haste doesn't effect serpent sting …….. i may have to try it in game but I'm leaning towards the thought that it will always be 3 sec apart for ticks.

Users who are viewing this thread