a few questions

So that is the case for me as well. You need to be level 60 in order to finish the other two zones completely. That confused me as well. We cannot do those as 50's.

You can create a class test, do the maw introductory questline, get treads of fate, go to revendreth, get the chest in darkhaven and mail-it to another character, its the only place i know which drops items 110 - 113 for level 50 characters, never saw any of then come in other quality other than uncommon, but still their ilvl carry the stats. The chest drops 2-3 green itens for slots that your class can use, they always drop 1 weapon from the tests i've done.

You can also get any other chest inside the 3-hour period you can stay logged-in into a test character, like that ilvl 128 Glaive from revendreth and some other BOEs if you want to

The character which is looting should be at the range 48-50 otherwise the loot will scale up (it should)

also if you logout from the class test then you will not be able to login again, so its a one time run for each test class

@KyleF1sher9 ... This is the "Treasure Chest Darkhaven", that @zazzyfraz probably meant, that you can get a 113 weapon from. I got an iLvL 113 gun here.

I hope the video helps. It took me a long time to find the position. If you know where it is, the chest is really easy to get.

But this is not the Hopebreaker Pack. I did not find this one. There are quite a few TomTom profiles on Wowhead, but I haven't gotten to that very well yet. I have to enter each waypoint individually and don't really know what to look for when I'm there. I didn't see a chest on the map, but this may also be because I haven't found one yet. ;-))

Question 1: Is there an add-on, such as "Rarscanner", that shows whether and where the Pack has spawned?

Question 2 @thefatgoblin ... the class test starts at level 48, the looted weapons are also iLvL 113? Or do I have to play up the 2 levels up to level 50?

EDIT 1: Pasting the video here doesn't seem to work. Use the keywords on Youtube
"Treasure Chest Darkhaven WoW Location Revendreth". Then you will find the video.

EDIT 2: A class-test-char must has to do an introductory quest line and play his way through the maw. So far so bad.
But when you arrive in Oribos you can immediately fly to Darkhaven and loot the chest. You reach level 49 on the way. You can then loot a piece of armor iLvL 111 and a weapon or offhand iLvL 113 for level 50. So you don't have to be level 50. So my experience after 2 attempts. I need 1 h for this for one attempt.

EDIT 3: I have now looted the chest 3 times and got a firearm 3 times with my hunters. Always the same weapon. It may be a coincidence, but it seems pretty safe to get a gun there as a hunter. Good part with i-level 113. Saves you running the raid on heroic.

Thx @ all.
BW ... Takticz

Last edited:
There are quite a few TomTom profiles on Wowhead, but I haven't gotten to that very well yet. I have to enter each waypoint individually and don't really know what to look for when I'm there.

You can paste them into a macro and click on it and the waypoints will pop up in the map and minimap. Be in Revendreth though since it'll add those waypoints to whatever zone you're currently in. In the wowhead comment you see he has the waypoints in 3 groups, it's because thats all you can fit in each macro so you need to make 3. The last one should only have 2 waypoints. If you have outline mode on the pack should be pretty easy to see with the purple outline on it like a chest.

I had a question for the hopebreaker pack myself for anyone that's farmed it. I've only gotten greens at the moment and the wowhead comments made it seem like all the items drop at once. Is it like WoD rares where you loot gear once and then you just get junk after the first loot? Looking to get the gun and mail boots but no luck.

I use the add-on paste, it will allow you to copy and paste all those tomtom way points in at once.

They dont show up on the minimap, I only found 2 so far, my first had the packback in it, the 2nd only green items.

I got my 1st exalted faction some days ago, confirmed ilvl 200 equipable

@thefatgoblin Then congratulations, you have come a long way to achieve this ...
and thx @dirtypaws and @Nurf.
In this context, allow me to ask two short questions.
1.) Could it be that the damage in the world quests or in general in these areas is scaled down if the character's item level is too high from Blizzard´s point of view? Somehow my recount doesn't match the tooltips of the spells that I have. As an example, cobra shot. My tooltip tells me to do 888 damage, without buffs. When I do quest in Shadowland, I see cobra shot numbers between 550 and 675, rarely a crit with almost 1000. Even my dps alone in the world quests compared to dungeons is very different. Out here in the Shadowlands I have around 1,400 dps, in dungeons I do around 2,400 dps. Quite a difference, right?
2.) Incendiary ammunition ... sometimes this is 15% of my damage, sometimes it gives me zero damage. Today I did the final boss for the chest in Pandaria, 116,000 damage and nothing from the incendiary ammunition in 45 seconds. How can that be? Or is that a display error with recount?
BW Takticz

Last edited:
Happy to report hope breakers backpack is not a 1 shot blue loot, I got an epic gun on my 49 on circa the 6th loot (in-games its around 150ilvl iirc).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/zenedar/tease
This is huge, thanks for farming this. With int users being able to get 100ilvl crafted staves with 160 int, the 100ilvl crafted agi staff being good as well. and now this gun, certain roles are definitely more attractive for a new toon looking to join 48-50 twinking. I’m sure OP will love this gun too, especially since it would be his lowest slot after full rep gear. Thanks again.. we have a 50 NA discord and no one had looted the gun yet so you’re likely the first to share the proof of ilvl publicly.

while I can say that I don’t really like these things in game, they are not widely used at all and users shouldn’t feel bad about using this gun cause there’s people (like me) with gfd high ilvl gears from the week 1 of SL party sync stuff still unnerfed. So far no SL gear has changed on the first ptr build for 9.1, and I don’t really expect any changes at this point with how long it’s all been in game..

@dirtypaws are you going to keep farming the packs in search of the mail boots? Or have any info on them?

Last edited:
This is huge, thanks for farming this. With int users being able to get 100ilvl crafted staves with 160 int, the 100ilvl crafted agi staff being good as well. and now this gun, certain roles are definitely more attractive for a new toon looking to join 48-50 twinking. I’m sure OP will love this gun too, especially since it would be his lowest slot after full rep gear. Thanks again.. we have a 50 NA discord and no one had looted the gun yet so you’re likely the first to share the proof of ilvl publicly.

while I can say that I don’t really like these things in game, they are not widely used at all and users shouldn’t feel bad about using this gun cause there’s people (like me) with gfd high ilvl gears from the week 1 of SL party sync stuff still unnerfed. So far no SL gear has changed on the first ptr build for 9.1, and I don’t really expect any changes at this point with how long it’s all been in game..

@dirtypaws are you going to keep farming the packs in search of the mail boots? Or have any info on them?
Hi zazzy, no further info. Will keep farming on my hunter and rogue though.

Thanks for your feedback @dirtypaws and congratulations.
I am currently struggling to find the hopebreaker pack. What did I try: I downloaded the TomTom add-on, took the waypoints from wowhead and built a macro. After using the macro, quite a few points appear on the mini-map, possible locations. So far so good.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to simply ride these points, sometimes they are between many opponents off the road, sometimes they seem to be in the basements of buildings, at least if I read the ad correctly.
Often only 8 or 10 meters are missing according to the display, but I'm standing in front of a wall or something and can't get any further and 3 opponents beat me ;-).
I'm not afraid to farm long hours of reputation or kill opponents, but that's kind of annoying. Are there any tricks or tools that I can use? Are there any other add-ons like rarscanner that can help?
Another question, how do I get on with renown for my pact. I'm at level 5, started with level 1 and received a level for each area. I don't have an open quest or anything.
And finally, is there an add-on that shows me the items in the auction house more reliably than the Blizzard tool? As the picture shows, the item I am for sale does not appear in the list, even though it is for level 50. This happens often. Because I'm in the areas with a level 50 char, I often receive items for level 50.
upload_2021-4-17_17-7-57.png

BW Takticz

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback @dirtypaws and congratulations.
I am currently struggling to find the hopebreaker pack. What did I try: I downloaded the TomTom add-on, took the waypoints from wowhead and built a macro. After using the macro, quite a few points appear on the mini-map, possible locations. So far so good.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to simply ride these points, sometimes they are between many opponents off the road, sometimes they seem to be in the basements of buildings, at least if I read the ad correctly.
Often only 8 or 10 meters are missing according to the display, but I'm standing in front of a wall or something and can't get any further and 3 opponents beat me ;-).
I'm not afraid to farm long hours of reputation or kill opponents, but that's kind of annoying. Are there any tricks or tools that I can use?
Another question, how do I get on with renown for my pact. I'm at level 5, started with level 1 and received a level for each area. I don't have an open quest or anything.
BW Takticz
First off, go into Tom Tom general settings, and set it so the way points don’t clear automatically (default setting will clear a way point as you go near it).

Second, grab the mount equipment that prevents you from getting dazed, I haven’t been dismounted once with this.

I think I have just seen one down the stairs in a crypt, all others so far have been above ground, and they are really noticeable with the purple glow. Don’t forget you can swap war modes , or realm hop if needed ( I just stuck with 1 mode and realm but checked at like 7am before work, servers normally dead at that time.

good luck

I would guess that he is killing the world boss, or he has access to the weekly quest below, or from doing dungeons. https://www.wowhead.com/quest=61324/replenish-the-reservoir

From wowhead:
  • Completing some Covenant Callings.
  • Killing the weekly World Boss. This always rewards catch-up Renown if available, but this only works once per week.
  • Completing the following dungeon tasks:
    • Queuing for and completing a random dungeon or LFR
    • Completing the Oribos quests to run dungeons that provide reputation from your Covenant
    • Completing Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons
      Win a PvP objective such as a battleground
I never turned my 2-5 renown quests on my rep toon cause I didn’t know if I’d ever change covenant. I also haven’t done much of the SL stuff compared to others

Ok so the renown came from level 60 dungeons, you can enter the dungeons in normal mode (no scaling, the mobs are all level 60)
There is 2 possible level 60 dungeons that we can get loot from the last boss: spires of ascension and theater of pain

I think the renown drop like that because the actual boss is level 60, they dont drop from normal 50 dungeons using dungeon finder

i can say that it is something around 30% drop chance, is not bad but is not good either, you can't use dungeon finder cause they are 60 dungeons, you need to get a group and enter using the portal, i tried to level up the renown so i could get world quests item levels boosted with the renown 10 buff, but that didn't worked (the itens didnt scaled up), so i left it there, i dont think is worth the time to get the 4% stamina (2% at 26 i think another at 35)

i discovered it cause i went there to do the oribos weekly and it droped

Did you guys saw that some BoEs are showing level 50 requirement? I have a theory that if we manage to drop then from an actual level 60 world map mob, it could be possible to equip, but is so much time and resources required, that is not worth imo

I don’t think it’s worth it to attempt to farm level 60 mobs for a chance to loot something that may or may not be equippable honestly and not much of an upgrade at that. And yeah, as far as renown goes, there doesn’t seem to be a cap for us 50s. It is just inconvenient to farm renown that barely drops from those 60 dungeons that were mentioned above. You only get two more +2% stamina buffs and that’s a couple hundred hp so not worth it! Haha I’ll stick to doing my reps for fun. I’m revered with 3/4 thus far! The world quest bonus weekly event definitely helped. I just wish it could stay a bit longer almost makes me wanna go Human just for the 10% increase because every bit helps!

Thanks to everyone who got involved and participated. I was able to consider a lot of tips.
What I have been struggling with so far is finding a hopebreaker's chest. I'm out of luck so far. The tip with the "can not be thrown while riding" was really good. You won't be thrown from your "horse" like this and you can escape. Nevertheless, there are sometimes 4 or more opponents stuck to me, so there is hardly any time to quietly look under trees for the chest or something.
But what worries me more than finding this chest is the fact that a friend, who plays LvL 50 PvP from time to time [BfA only account.], has waiting times of more than an hour. German server in the evening between 7pm and 10pm. So at primetime. Was the work of 3 months in vain and the time of the BfA only accounts is over?
How are the waiting times with you? I would be particularly interested in other servers in Europe. Is it better there?
Thx Georg aka Takticz

Thanks to everyone who got involved and participated. I was able to consider a lot of tips.
What I have been struggling with so far is finding a hopebreaker's chest. I'm out of luck so far. The tip with the "can not be thrown while riding" was really good. You won't be thrown from your "horse" like this and you can escape. Nevertheless, there are sometimes 4 or more opponents stuck to me, so there is hardly any time to quietly look under trees for the chest or something.
But what worries me more than finding this chest is the fact that a friend, who plays LvL 50 PvP from time to time [BfA only account.], has waiting times of more than an hour. German server in the evening between 7pm and 10pm. So at primetime. Was the work of 3 months in vain and the time of the BfA only accounts is over?
How are the waiting times with you? I would be particularly interested in other servers in Europe. Is it better there?
Thx Georg aka Takticz
I found a bag, it was near a gravestone and glowed purple like any other chest, no map icon. Maybe you can try realm hopping to a low pop realm.

it seems like they might need to transfer to an English realm to get better queue times

i found 2 bags so far and got 2 111ilvl greens there, the bag is very noticeable if the bag is there you will see it, you can just use the wowhead macro and check around

sometimes queues are shit (usually 6am until 10 to 11am) but usually merc mode fix that at least in US

Users who are viewing this thread