a few questions

Takticz

Veteran
Hallo @ all.
As the title suggests, i have a few questions:
1.) Is it currently still possible to switch from a SL Acc to a BfA only Acc and play LvL 50 PvP?
2.) Does number 1 still make sense? I ask, because I saw toons in the arsenal wearing items iLvL 164. Items like this. Can I still get this item today?
upload_2021-3-17_9-42-59.png

If I look at WoWhead it says this item requires level 60.
3.) Somehow I don't find this point with the SL items and the covenants in any guide.
Can't I find the point, or is it not treated well? Otherwise we have very good guides. Maybe someone with experience writing something should be part of a guide?
4.) Can the Undermine Journal be a little bit buggy? A shield with iLvL 130 has been in the auction house on my EU server for a few weeks. I can't find this in the journal. When I searching there, I can only set the iLvL 100 and iLvL 115 for this item. Not iLvL 130. Is that known? Or I am doing something wrong?
5.)
Does it make sense to buy Vyrtha's Dredglaive from the auction house? Is there an ILvL 128 for LvL 50 here and there. Or is this a display bug?
upload_2021-3-17_10-9-11.png

You won't find it if you look for LvL 50 weapons, but only if you look through the list by hand. Between weapons for LvL 55 and 58 you can also find one or two for LvL 50.
If you've made it this far with reading, thank you ;-). I would be happy to receive answers.
Stay healthy !
BG
Takticz

1: yes. do at your own risk. who knows how they will fix it. my hunch is that those toons will need SL to log in one day

2: yes, rep gear has always been wearable. a couple weeks before the recent patch, blizzard altered the tooltips on ilvl 111/113 50 SL greens, 140 glaives, 110 capes, and the rep gear to show its true level reqs, and before they were not scaling the visible level req.

3: it wont be in me or fungals guide. the process isnt exactly intended. a grey area in gameplay rules. information like rares that are lootable, cov spell strengths, etc will need to be sought out in more private areas such as xpoff discord, or pms

4: you need to set the filter on the item to 130 to be able to see other 130s on the charts below. if it isnt showing and there really is a 130 shield on your AH, then its just a bug i guess

5: that is not a display bug, that glaive is legit. its tooltips were changed to show their real level req, 2 weeks before the recent patch. when it is in your bags it will show up as 140ilvl

hopefully this helps

yep, thats my belt right there

you can break the game in pretty crazy ways as a twink 50 in shadowlands content, you can get that gear and the basic idea is: grinding reputation through world quests and sidequests, you can get anything near 500 to 1k per day, per reputation, sometimes you can get lucky. There's several weeklies in oribos who can give reputation too

Reputation gear goes up to 200ilvl but they only give mostly secondary stats, they dont give much stamina, also chest shoulder and head give less primary stat compared to azerite gear

you can expect to wear those pieces of gear anything from 2 week to 4 weeks of daylie grind, up to 10-13 weeks to exalted, give or take

im not even still half of the way yet

I said to other people and i expect this items to get nerfed, but i strongly belive they will not, cause its so few people that will actually grind this, that for this to reach blizzard's dev office is gonna take the entire expansion. I really hope people start grinding this aswell its gonna be pretty fun seeing those icicles from zazy hitting for 16k

Thank you for your answers, especially @zazzyfraz who always tries very hard to explain things.
@zazzyfraz ... On the Undermine Journal page, I cannot select iLvL 130 for the shild. Only iLvL 100 and 115. For other items, I can choose iLvL 130, if one item is available. Then the site doesn't seem to be 100% accurate and I'd rather search the servers where I play by hand rather than relying on the site.
@thefatgoblin ... Then I will try to play Shadowlands. I have no idea what covenants are and which ones to take. I play a Hunter and a WL. Do you have an idea?
Stay healthy !
BG
Takticz

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers, especially @zazzyfraz who always tries very hard to explain things.
@ Zazz ... On the Undermine Journal page, I cannot select iLvL 130 for the shild. Only iLvL 100 and 115. For other items, I can choose iLvL 130, if one item is available. Then the site doesn't seem to be 100% accurate and I'd rather search the servers where I play by hand rather than relying on the site.
Stay healthy !
BG
Takticz

https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/blackscar/item/175010.130 Here is a link for the shield, set for 130. there are 4 on EU at the moment.
so what you are saying is that, there is a shield on your AH in game, but it doesn’t show in the all realm current price chart?
Maybe this could be due a bug with the auction data API with a realm that was merged with another in the shadowlands prepatch. In US realms, recently merged realms were show separate in tuj for some time after the mergers.

Always remember to do it at your own risk (like zaz said who know if or when things gonna get nerfed)

You'll need:
A subscription with a shadowlands expansion
A level 60 character in this subscription and complete the story of the zones to unlock Treads of fate
Take your toon with xp locked to the introductory questline, then pick covenant with Treads of fate when you reach oribos
Tread of fate unlock world quests, do then until you're exalted (and do sidequests)
After all is set, transfer your toon to a bfa account (without shadowlands)

if you wish to not spend real life money you should've have around 1.2mil gold
4 tokens buy shadowlands expansion (at least in my country) but you wont spend all battle.net balance with it
2 tokens to transfer characters, per transfer

make sure to use recruit-a-friend within your new subscription (recruit yourself), so you get a month free every 3 months during the 12 months you can get rewards from a recruited account

Thank you both.
Now I've bought Shadowlands and started leveling a twink yesterday. I made it to level 52.
That I must have a 60s and still must have completed the campaign was a bad news. I hate leveling up.
I will surely have a question here and there and I would be very thankful if you two would check out the thread from time to time. if that's possible.
Is it right that you are from the USA and Brazil? That's what I love about this game, people from all over the world communicate and play ... it's so much better than giving each other grief.
Stay healthy !
BG
Takticz

Update:
I've reached LvL 60 with a char. then I chose a coverant and went to the coverant area. I got the blessing there. A quest series with 7 chapters starts there too. I did not start this one. I logged on to my toon and couldn't choose "The Call of Fate". Do I also have to play the 7 chapters with the Kyrians? It's so tiring ... Where is my mistake?

Update / Questions & last but not least ... thanks for your help !

@thefatgoblin wrote ... "do WQ until you're exalted (and do sidequests)" ... it that all you can do?
I ask, because I only have 2 world quests per island, if you are very lucky you can also do 3, that makes about 250 or 375 reputation per day. The side quests bring me to around 2,000 / 6,000 friendly, I guess. I'm with the first faction on 800 / 6,000 and have gone a lot of the quest.
Doing events [crossed swords on the map] doesn't bring you a reputation, it's the same for big quests like "Support from Revendreth", no reputation.
Does that mean that from around 2,000 / 6,000 you can make progress with only around 300 calls per day? It would then take about 125 days?
Ok. I just found 2 dungeon quests ... They each give 500 reputation for a faction. That is a beginning ;-).
Does anima have any use for us at LvL 50?
There is interesting PvP-armor to buy in Oribos, for LvL 50, but when you try to buy it you get the announcement that you can only buy it from LvL 60. Which somehow doesn't make sense with LvL 50- armor. Has anyone found a way? xD
Thank you and stay healthy.
BB Takticz

Last edited:
Pretty much is that all you can do, but be aware that wq's pops in different points in time during the day, here at 12:00 they reset daylies and pops something around 6 world quests in the map, at 17:00(i think) some pet quests spawn, dont know all the details of WQ's spawning but you get at least 4 wq's guarantee in the day (make sure turn warmode on so you can see pvp world quests), but you can train gathering professions, cause wq's that pop for gathering professions give reputation aswell (didnt saw any popping for crafting professions)

Maldraxus have a daylie quest (https://pt.wowhead.com/quest=59826/aposte-em-você) which unlock 1 reset after you complete all sidequests available, also maldraxus have a weekly quest too, that you'll be able to see in the map when the reset comes. Those 2 quests boosts you rep there by a mile, didnt found any daylie in revendreth / bastion that i could get for reputation and i didnt finished the secondary quests in ardenweald yet (got burned out from grinding sidequests)

You can get lucky and the world quests drop reputation tokens, as i said you can get anything from 500- 1k rep per zone per day, because you can get lucky with tokens, or you can respawn like 8 wq's in the zone during the day. Maldraxus seems to be the zone with the most number of world quests. If you get very lucky, the "kill 2 elites in theater of pain" pops with a +375 rep token, cause its a elite quest - and the only elite quest available for 50's

Those dungeon quests are weekly and you can still do then even if they pop in a 60's dungeon (De other side doesnt work cause 50's cant loot muezala, didn't tested sanguine depths but spires and theater works fine) - also no scaling down in dungeons 60's you will need to assemble a group, i got some friend to boost me there and i paid some runs - any 60's tank with 210+ ilvl can solo that dungeon very easy, druids can skip most of adds, after killing 3 bosses, you enter the dungeon almost in the end of it, so you dont need to walk / clear all mobs

You can use anima to buy cosmetics when you get the reputation requirement from the zones

That pieces of pvp armor are tooltip bugged i guess, even if you got then and tried to equip they would still need level 60 to use, but unable to confirm that since i couldn't buy then

Don't forget that Darkmoon is starting soon, make sure you get the +10% buff there, if you character is a human, it have the +10% reputation racial

also there is the https://pt.wowhead.com/world-quest-bonus-event which is a HUGE boost the next one starts in April 20th 08:00, which you can check using the in-game calendar, lasts for 1 week

Obrigado por sua resposta ;-) @thefatgoblin.
I will try to implement the points mentioned. I generally don't do some things like petfights. I also think that having PvP mode on is not so cool. There are currently a lot of well-equipped LvL 60 Chars running around out there. I tried that, but wasn't that happy with it. So it's a little longer for me ;-).
This is my toon. Https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/durotan/chagata .
He is still at the very beginning. Yesterday I made my first three masks and got an iLvL 115 belt. I think with a little more caution in the dungeon, 4 masks also work.
One more question about a useful weapon, I can only get this from an HC or Myth. raid, right?
Alternatively, I always look at the auction house, but I've never had any luck in the last 2 months.

Obrigado por sua resposta ;-) @thefatgoblin.
I will try to implement the points mentioned. I generally don't do some things like petfights. I also think that having PvP mode on is not so cool. There are currently a lot of well-equipped LvL 60 Chars running around out there. I tried that, but wasn't that happy with it. So it's a little longer for me ;-).
This is my toon. Https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/durotan/chagata .
He is still at the very beginning. Yesterday I made my first three masks and got an iLvL 115 belt. I think with a little more caution in the dungeon, 4 masks also work.
One more question about a useful weapon, I can only get this from an HC or Myth. raid, right?
Alternatively, I always look at the auction house, but I've never had any luck in the last 2 months.

I believe you can get weapons from the warfront cache from the weekly quest. Heroic warfront gives me 120 lvl gear I think. Maybe it scales with my ilvl. Aside from that, I think ilvl 100 shadowlands boes from ah will have to hold you over until you get in a raid or get lucky with a warfront cache.

115ilvl weapons from warfront. 100-130 weapons from nyalotha raid.

There is a chest near darkhaven town in revendreth that drops 111/113ilvl armor or weapons. One time loot and random items. But I have seen the 113ilvl gun that can come from it on the AH. maybe can get some people in trade chat or general chat to loot it

https://www.wowhead.com/object=353799/hopebreaker-pack
This drops a 140 leather belt, and there’s a gun that drop too. Idk the guns ilvl

115ilvl weapons from warfront. 100-130 weapons from nyalotha raid.

There is a chest near darkhaven town in revendreth that drops 111/113ilvl armor or weapons. One time loot and random items. But I have seen the 113ilvl gun that can come from it on the AH. maybe can get some people in trade chat or general chat to loot it

https://www.wowhead.com/object=353799/hopebreaker-pack
This drops a 140 leather belt, and there’s a gun that drop too. Idk the guns ilvl
Do those chest show on the mini map, I have never once seen one.

Thanks for your feedback! It's nice to see that someone looks in here from time to time.
Update: I am now honored to two covenants. So there were the first two items for me.
Contrary to what I dislike, I also started pet fights. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way not to like these fights ... it becomes more bearable and easier if you take level 1 pets. They only have one ability. The opponents then scale to level 1 with only one ability. You just have to always choose the right class and it's easy to win.
Regarding my weapon question and the answers given.
1. Warfront: For the level 115 gun I need a group of 10 people to do this, right? Then this is probably out of the question, my server is quite dead ... my guild has maybe 10 people and a maximum of 3 or 4 are online.
2. Chest near darkhaven: This can be looted once, so only one chance? I have 4 characters at level 50. I will look for the chest hoping to find it. I will report. Can I see the chest on the map?
One more question about the side quest in the areas of Shadowlands: I got the successes "Sojourner of Revendreth" and "Sojourner of Maldraxxus". But I don't get the successes for the other two factions because they are missing a thing or two. In the Ardenwald I miss the partial success "Thread of Hope" and in the Bastion I miss 2 partial success, "Wings of Liberty" and "The Spear of Kalliope".
I'm afraid, that it will only continue at level 60 here or that I have overlooked the start of a quest. Nothing is visible on the map.
BW Takticz

Last edited:
1, the warfront can be done cross realm. Groups get listed in custom pve lfg premade group section. 60s run with 50s frequently. However, I think you would be more likely to loot the bow from heroic skitra, the 2nd or 3rd boss in nyalotha than to get the gun from warfront loot that gives every slot you can wear but rings and trinks. So make sure to always check LFG for groups on that boss. Heroic nzoth drops a 125 gun too but that is much harder than the first bosses.

2, the chest will be a named chest, it’s in a ledge right outside the darkhaven reven town. Once loot per toon.

3: I have not done my side quests yet so there is no personal advice I can give. I am supposed to do them this week, because the 10% reputation buff from darkmoon faire is up.
https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14801/sojourner-of-bastion
https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14800/sojourner-of-ardenweald
Maybe these can help you find quests

Users who are viewing this thread