A Comprehensive Guide to Level 1 Twinking in Shadowlands

Told y'all :rolleyes:

Unscaled BoAs are fixed now
It's why I don't' put shit like that on my 10's Gear Guide, just like you mentioned you don't put those items on this Guide either.

Staff of Jordan now seems to have a Level 22 requirement. Unless there's one on my AH that just happened to drop FOR a Level 22 but I doubt it, same iLvL/Stats as the non-Level required version during Pre-Patch.
Mine is fine as well. Probably just a drop on someone higher than level 10.
upload_2020-11-8_17-43-30.png

@zazzyfraz @Twinkit Sounds good, was just curious when I saw that on my AH.
Theres been a mix of unscaled and scaled ever since prepatch launch. The jury is still out on how exactly the 6 unscaled vanilla era boe items are created in the way that level 1s can use. Each of them have a set Ilvl at which they appear when theyre usable at any level.

Icemail Jerkin - 24
Staff of Jordan - 22
Knightly Longsword - 21
Sage's Sash - 18
Magician's Mantle - 16
Redbeard Crest - 15

However, even at those ilvls, there are discrepancies. Here's some examples just from my personal collection.

lNNn1JK.png
A normal unscaled Knightly Longsword with the correct stat budget.

2rK5UsL.png
A Knightly Longsword with the same ilvl as the unscaled variants, but containing the "correct" level requirement of 14. As you'll notice, it has the same stat budget.

wTpHVDV.png
An unscaled ilvl 21 Knightly Longsword, with no level requirement, but with a lower stat budget that provides 2 less secondary stats, somehow.

Given that they keep appearing on the AH well after the prepatch, I believe these are still dropping. However, I have not seen anyone post any proof of a drop, and they were on the auction house at the same time as the prepatch going live (The first thing I did when prepatch dropped was log on and check the AH for usable items, which is how I was the first to discover these).

This means at the very least, that some value of the item, which may not specifically be dropped level given that an Ilvl 21 knightly can still have a level requirement as shown above, existed before prepatch even launched and then became unscaled.

I wish someone would post a video or screenshot looting one of these, so that we understood where these came from better.

From where do the unscaled vanilla BoEs come? I found a Redbeard Crest in my guild vault with no level requirement, but the two I saw in the AH on my server both had (different) level requirements.

From where do the unscaled vanilla BoEs come? I found a Redbeard Crest in my guild vault with no level requirement, but the two I saw in the AH on my server both had (different) level requirements.
We have no idea. It HAS to be a failed scaling issue and that means the few remaining are limited (probably). The rest are scaling TO the Character Level of the Player that had them drop.

As I said in the post three above yours, nobody knows yet/nobody has posted the method. All we know is that some are scaled, some are unscaled, some have different stat budgets at the same ilvl, and some are the same ilvl as the unscaled but still have a requirement.

As I said in the post three above yours, nobody knows yet/nobody has posted the method. All we know is that some are scaled, some are unscaled, some have different stat budgets at the same ilvl, and some are the same ilvl as the unscaled but still have a requirement.

My bad, I read the OP and some of the followups, but not the posts on this page and I should have been more thorough. I hate it when people do that, and I just did it.

In response to the second part of that post, items that differ by two secondary stats appear as high as the 29 bracket, and presumably higher. I noticed it first with Jasper Rings (crafted, req level 29) that got scaled to 5mainstat/8stam/5secondary/7secondary, or 7secondary/7secondary, and new ones still proc both combinations (5/7 and 7/7 secondary stats). So, whatever scaling thing is happening seems to make a 2 stat difference regardless of the quantity of stats.

Level(s) 5 and 10 standing in Oribos. @ShinyHero had us Lock Closeted in and you CAN purchase and equip (if you have Fishing 1) the 7.7 DPS Fishing Pole, iLvL 40. Sadly you can't access the level with the FP, the Org/SW Portals aren't there so it's a 1-time trip to get an awesome Fishing Pole. You can also be summoned with the Summoning Stone in Bastion (probably any Zone) and grab FP's there and do some very dangerous exploring.
WoWScrnShot_112420_195707.jpg WoWScrnShot_112420_203857.jpg

I have 2x Icemail jerkin, 1x Sage's sash and 3x Knightly longswords, i found all of them in one of my guild banks, so im guessing it has something to do with guildbanks.
Are any of the IMJs enchanted with glorious stats?? If so I’ll give u 800k for it lol

Users who are viewing this thread