85 TWINKING IN MOP

Im planning to do it on my 85 warr in MoP.

I will most likely not twink 85. I do not like the pasting of the bracket. If we look at vanila, TBC, WotLK, you could open BG score board and you will see a big number of tottal killing blows with some individuals having 20+. In Cata the tottal kb count is way lower. I just don't dig the entire death from a million hits thing that is going on in 85. I like brackets where dmg is wild, and unpredictable, you can global someone and someone can global you, or not. So everything must be carefully thought out before u engage.

so would it be 80-84 and 85-89 with 90 standing alone then? hopefully 85s scale better other wise, snooooze. just keep bursting wiff the 80s

I was actually thinking about making a thread like this, with the sole idea that 85 twinking would be the new big bracket like 70, then I thought about the whole thing with cata greens being a billion times better than wotlk gear. I think if the 85 bracket is similiar to 70 in regards to epic gear > green wotlk gear it would be good fun.
<

?? Cata greens are inferior to lk epics. Only the cata blues are on par/better than lk gear, and that's cuz they're higher ilvl

But 85 would probably just be like 80...people with toons there or a fewinterested ppl will do it, but I doubt it'll be the new 70

?? Cata greens are inferior to lk epics. Only the cata blues are on par/better than lk gear, and that's cuz they're higher ilvl

But 85 would probably just be like 80...people with toons there or a fewinterested ppl will do it, but I doubt it'll be the new 70

Yup, and for a lot of slots it's barely true. Classes that have a heavy benefit from mastery will do well with cata gear, but t10 set bonuses + trinkets (for melee above others) often win out. Cata weapons are better usually because they actually have intellect, or just higher ilevel -> better, but for most classes you'll want 4pc something (either t10 or wrathful) + 1 cata offset, since set bonuses are still strong (Frost DK bonuses are just awesome)

I think it'll be fairly interesting. There won't be quite the retarded burst that the 80s bracket has, just because of how high some classes can stack mastery (I'm looking at you, frost mages) as there are gems balanced around the gear that is used. However, if the entry-level MoP dungeons bring some winning pieces, we might be looking at a fun bracket (Less bursty isn't always bad, I'm fed up of my partner being killed whilst I use a gcd to get out of a CC)

All in all. Am i the only one who wants to twink 85 for legendarys
<
?

Users who are viewing this thread