80 DK twinking - Some thoughts, plans and showoff

Mage? MAGE? I HATE MAGES. I HATE MAGIC. I HATE SEARCHING FOR RESIST GEAR TO COUNTER IT. ITS A DK THREAD. SHOO!!! SHOOO!!! *AMS* *Strangulate*

Going to try soloing some content on my hunter as soon as I can get her to 80 and get some gear, since my warlock experiment was an absolute fail. I was able to solo the Amphitheater (with a few tries and deaths) with crud gear so here's to hoping that soloing content at 80 will be just as good!

Mage? MAGE? I HATE MAGES. I HATE MAGIC. I HATE SEARCHING FOR RESIST GEAR TO COUNTER IT. ITS A DK THREAD. SHOO!!! SHOOO!!! *AMS* *Strangulate*

Psh, that part is fairly easy. I find mages less annoying than blood dks in 80 arenas, since I've encountered a 333-geared 84 that hits like a train, has 110k hp and takes 0 damage from anything.

@ Zmirnoff, what addon is that that shows the damage values on your spells? I'm intrigued.

DrDamage, it's not absolute. But it gives you a good idea of what the spells hit for, the detailed tooltips though are the things I use on it.

I downloaded it when we were having our discussion on resto druid healing. Gave me more absolute values when reforging back and forth.

Going to try soloing some content on my hunter as soon as I can get her to 80 and get some gear, since my warlock experiment was an absolute fail. I was able to solo the Amphitheater (with a few tries and deaths) with crud gear so here's to hoping that soloing content at 80 will be just as good!

I gave this a go yesterday too, Strongbowz @ The Maelstrom - Game Guide - World of Warcraft
As you can see, I even re-done gems and enchants costing in the region of 2.2k gold...
Used my turtle pet, re-specced for more stamina from survival, even moved about my bars so I could keep mend pet up 100%, heals for around 6.1k a tick. Wasn't enough to stay alive most of the time on Archavon (a fairly easy boss), I did get 2 attempts to where he picked up my pet, but I couldn't get the distance on him to avoid being hit.

5 mans would be a piece of piss though so if you're content with solo'ing them, go for it. But it's nothing like having an 85 hunter.

Because Blizzard noticed that at one point we could solo stuff with WoG and then they fixed that. God forbid another tank would be able to solo as much as a DK.

I miss that so fucking much. Solo healing myself through all kinds of crap, especially when eternal glory + protector of the innocent worked on self too.

I'll watch some of it later, but is there a reason for: "Thaddius partial solo (except Feugen/stalag)".

You can't solo that part of the fight as an 80?

I duoed Thaddius with a Disc Priest. I don't think it's possible without another. I have no idea how you did Thaddius solo, I got him to 1mil and he enraged on me first attempt (Priest died, jumped before me and got pwnt)

I'll watch some of it later, but is there a reason for: "Thaddius partial solo (except Feugen/stalag)".

You can't solo that part of the fight as an 80?

When the tesla coil breaks (from having either Stalagg/Feugen too far from their platform), the resulting nature damage ticks are rather high. I guess it's survivable, but I haven't tried it for a while.

Tetarius, the gearsets you linked seem to be a bit...random. Why have you gemmed pure crit in some pieces, but then pure str in others? I understand the notion of using secondaries (I do it on my 70 for soloing purposes), but why a mix? why not go all the way in a single direction?

In other news, I killed sapphiron a few minutes ago. Video inc soon-ish.

I duoed Thaddius with a Disc Priest. I don't think it's possible without another. I have no idea how you did Thaddius solo, I got him to 1mil and he enraged on me first attempt (Priest died, jumped before me and got pwnt)
I didnt solo feugen/stalag- way too much magic damage ( unresistable), was done with 85 help. The thaddius kill was easy and i had some time left ot berserk, you can see it on my video. 1st try was ~15% wipe and i survived like 25 sec under berserk in pure dps gear. And i didnt even had IBF/rune weapon.

there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29O6X53ClrY

Last edited by a moderator:
Soloed Auriaya. Uploading the video as I post this.

In case you're wondering where the Emalon/Marrowgar videos are; I've chosen to keep them set as private for a little while (but the upload date will show that I got them down when I said I did :p). There's a useful little "trick" I discovered that I want to keep secret until I've had the chance to play around with it a bit more :) It's not a cheat/exploit and you're welcome to try find it yourself in the meantime (I'll probably release those videos later today or tomorrow).

Users who are viewing this thread