80 DK twinking - Some thoughts, plans and showoff

Inb4 you're a mage :D

And you! Are... A Paladin, wait no. Sorry, so very sorry, you're the opposite of mages and DK's. I bet you're the sort that likes being dominated too? Amirite?

</Notmeanttobeoffensivejustfunny>

And you! Are... A Paladin, wait no. Sorry, so very sorry, you're the opposite of mages and DK's. I bet you're the sort that likes being dominated too? Amirite?

</Notmeanttobeoffensivejustfunny>

I see what you did there.

Weren't you an 80 paladin main early this expansion though?

Trollface.jpg

Wtb more UH dks, since i have yet to see any in random battlegrounds :(

Problem is, Frost just performs better in pvp at 80. High mastery means extremely hilarious burst. In PvE it's slightly different. (Pillar macroed to an on-use str trinket, plus 40+ mastery makes for silly ranged nukes)

Just done Sapphiron on my Pally like 5 mins ago, was pretty easy. I have to ask though. Is there a reason why you made it harder than it had to be by using Seal of Truth?

I just used Seal of Insight for the free OP healing and lol'd to victory.

I just used a healing weapon.

I just used a healing weapon.

Healing weapon, as in the healing 308 mace? Or a proc chance weapon?

You're still hitting pretty hard in the video, doing enough dps to cover what I can do with my 1h agi axe, mye eyes aren't quite as good as you'd think, at the end 6.7k dps? Or is it 5.7k dps?

Healing weapon, as in the healing 308 mace? Or a proc chance weapon?

You're still hitting pretty hard in the video, doing enough dps to cover what I can do with my 1h agi axe, mye eyes aren't quite as good as you'd think, at the end 6.7k dps? Or is it 5.7k dps?

6.7k if I remember correctly. And yes, the 308 healing mace. It basically doubles my spellpower, which almost makes up for the lost dps, and gives me quite a healing increase (if you see, I basically got a Lay on Hands if WoG crit)

Spellpower weapons are certainly weaker than standard dps ones for paladins, but since most normally are fast (around 1.5 swing speed), that's the reason. Torturer's mercy is 2.3 speed, and so it catches up fairly well. I also had landslide on it for good measure.

6.7k if I remember correctly. And yes, the 308 healing mace. It basically doubles my spellpower, which almost makes up for the lost dps, and gives me quite a healing increase (if you see, I basically got a Lay on Hands if WoG crit)

Spellpower weapons are certainly weaker than standard dps ones for paladins, but since most normally are fast (around 1.5 swing speed), that's the reason. Torturer's mercy is 2.3 speed, and so it catches up fairly well. I also had landslide on it for good measure.

Aight, I'll have a look into it, I'm running with WoG glyph atm anyway. Very rarely do I need the full amount of healing.
My kill below, ended at 6.2k dps, maybe if I seal switch I might do better? Since that video I've also respecced for max self healing, so I might try something else when I'm bored.

Magnerz - Sapphiron - YouTube

Aight, I'll have a look into it, I'm running with WoG glyph atm anyway. Very rarely do I need the full amount of healing.
My kill below, ended at 6.2k dps, maybe if I seal switch I might do better? Since that video I've also respecced for max self healing, so I might try something else when I'm bored.

Magnerz - Sapphiron - YouTube

How do you mean "max self healing"? Eternal Glory is a dps talent now, and a weak one at that. Dropping seal of truth at 85 represents around a 3-4k dps loss out of 20k if I recall, so 500-1k out of around 7 is reasonable.

What buffs did you use in that video? I see a flask of some kind, but the rest are "consolidated"

How do you mean "max self healing"? Eternal Glory is a dps talent now, and a weak one at that. Dropping seal of truth at 85 represents around a 3-4k dps loss out of 20k if I recall, so 500-1k out of around 7 is reasonable.

What buffs did you use in that video? I see a flask of some kind, but the rest are "consolidated"

Used my own might, drums of kings. Fuck knows what the 3rd one is, WG buff? I didn't use anything else apart from those 2.

Edit: Just done it again for shits and giggles, 6.4k dps at the end, I improved!

Video incoming if you're really bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouPsQKPRFjM

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried soloing sarth etc on a 80 hunter? I only soloed Archavon and some easier bosses on my 80 dk twink so far. I'm considering to fix better gear on my hunter to try solo on him but i just wanted to hear if anyone has tried hunters and if they were successfull or not : )

Has anyone tried soloing sarth etc on a 80 hunter? I only soloed Archavon and some easier bosses on my 80 dk twink so far. I'm considering to fix better gear on my hunter to try solo on him but i just wanted to hear if anyone has tried hunters and if they were successfull or not : )

I tried mine, and got my ass kicked by Archavon. Working on getting 2pc T5 for moar pet heals and I'll try it again.

I tried mine, and got my ass kicked by Archavon. Working on getting 2pc T5 for moar pet heals and I'll try it again.

Obtain two piece tier 5, solo everything. I'm sure KT is possible (the tempest keep one, not the MgT one \o/) with that. If you get MC'd you heal your pet for 150% of the damage you do :D

Wich pieces of tier 5 would you go for? Head and? The reason I'd chose head is because you could use the 21 agi 3% crit meta. And you can't use meta gems on cata gear :)

Users who are viewing this thread