70s in BfA

Discussion in 'Level 70-79' started by Shinela, Jun 13, 2018.

Share This Page

1. OP
    Shinela

Shinela Not your everyday tank Guardians of the 70s

Has already been tested. I believe 5 resi was 1.14%. I am probably wrong, this is just from the top of my head and probably completely inaccurate. BUT I know numbers have been given for this before.

2. Dreams

Dreams saved

@Tzartwink Resilience is pretty good if you can grab it without losing too many other stats. I recommend the socketed brutal items for that.
    My rogue has 9% damage reduction from resilience.

3. Tzartwink

Tzartwink Member

I decked out my paladins prot and holy specs for bgs in full resillence. Short story: it was awesome!

So far I’m keeping my ret gear as it was pre 8.0 as I’m having no issues surviving

4. Dreams

Dreams saved

Yes resilience is definitely a good stat again. Although I would always recommend doing a more balanced setup if you're serious about gearing your character.
    How do you feel about retribution? It seems very strong from what I've seen.

5. Tzartwink

Tzartwink Member

At least for my twink, I feel like a one man army that can be a solo hero in randoms. I don’t need to stay with the group or a healer because of bubble, mini bubble engineering bubble and multiple stuns via paladin abilities and cobalt
    Bomb

6. Dannymcbride

Dannymcbride Member

so with Cata Engineer req 78,
    WoWScrnShot_072618_043618.jpg
    the 70's with it have GF proffesion but that also means only 1 chance at the right tinkers.
    on my mage I got the heal and card board poo ninja.

my preist I still gotta finish, any1 get lucky and score 2 good tinkers, shield and heal or invisibility?
    tip - go gnome for 15 extra levels.

7. Lightfall

Lightfall Grandfathered

The cata tinkers all seem inferior to rocket boots or grenade. What exactly is limiting the tinkers you can get? Can't you just keep crafting to discover them all?

8. Dannymcbride

Dannymcbride Member

There use to be a really good guide for glove tinkers,
    No u can only learn discoverys from skills while leveling up. once you have hit max you are unable to learn more. if you drop cata eng to re learn it you will not be able to re learn it cause it now req 78.
    Now since such a big over hual has just happened to proffesions that blizzard could of changed sumthing,
    sum say yes in old comment you can still learn them from grey skills so long as you are not max, sum say no you cant,
    but ive made thousands of certain items (grey skill) and no discoverys.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Zoke

Zoke Member

ret is... op. like more op than disc. on top of all that tzar said, they also have really high damage output. and if youre a lightforged draenei, then you can obliterate anything that isnt under a pally bubble.

10. Tzartwink

Tzartwink Member

Come join me when I’m ret in a bg:). I just walk around the battle ground doing whatever I want. I see a nerf coming my way

11. Zoke

Zoke Member

so, there seems to be a bug with str to dmg, or something...
    so,on my frost dk-
    timewarped bloodknight war cloak, gift of haste enchant- 12 str, 0 vers, str = 551, dmg range 270-287
    cloak of darkness, 6 str gem, binding of str enchant- should be 20 total str, 0 vers- puts my str to 559, and my dmg range to 271-288.
    but then if i swap my helm and then swap back, i go to 273-290. still 559 str, still no where near what it should be.
    do you think primary stats and dmg ranges have a cap now?

equipping nightmare blade and empyrean demolisher with str gems in each (16 str total each) put me to 593 str, my dmg only went to 288-305

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  12. Dannymcbride

Dannymcbride Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Member

Damn that’s broken af

14. FrozenWill

FrozenWill Veteran

my Old 70 has cataclysm engineering level 1 lol. How do I obtain a tanker? do I have to level cata engineering to a certain level? or normal engineering? I wouldn't mind experimenting and letting you know what tinker I get as well

15. Dannymcbride

Dannymcbride Member

if you still got a fresh cata engerneering that can be leveled on a 70, Don't skill it up yet, wait cause the profession is bugged and you will not get any discovery's. wait till they fix it cause I have a felling they will say "re skill to re discover stuff" and cause its now GF for 70's we cant re learn.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    Shinela

The best scaling you will get is 66. The set bonus is off though. I can't confirm it myself as I don't have it, but from some looking around and testing, I can tell that the bonus remains a flat 10 int. And even then it's a matter of "will it or won't it".

Nevertheless, that's purely from my side where I don't actually -own- the items. Would be nice to hear I was wrong ^.^

17. scooba2

scooba2 Veteran

Is there a general tier of classes for damage in pve? I have a warrior/rogue/paladin but i'm interested in maybe playing a ranged.

18. OP
    Shinela

Not quite. Warrior is pretty good, rogue is pretty good, paladin.... uhm.. Retri was strong during launch I guess :p

If you want ranged, go hunter or mage. Maybe ele shammy. Warlock's all right if you play it well.

19. Blackberryy

Blackberryy 70 Coordinator Super Moderator 70-79 Coordinator

Yup, the 2 set can only proc 61,66,71,76 etc. no 70, but the 66 set grants roughly 10 int shinela said. And to answer your tinker question, I have not seen any way to obtain tinkers anymore on my 70s and have not obtained any post 8.0, luckily my rogue has every single tinker available besides invis, and my hunter has all but grounded plasma

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)