5.0.4 - Basic PvP and Class Analysis

so basically everyone is just unkillable now? seems legit

i know if i was running an online video game and i needed to design the free to play experience to try and get people to pay money for the game, i'd also make it so that players never died in pvp. who would want to pay money for a game where they instantly die at the hands of overgeared hunters as soon as they zone into a battleground pvp experience?

and yet, it took activision about a year and a half to figure this out. brought to you by the masterminds behind the Diablo 3 Pump-N-Dump Scam™

End game PvP is dominated by Disc Priests and Holy Paladins because they can do massive damage and healing. Why on Earth are healers the best DPS in PvP? It makes no sense and new players will feel discouraged rather quickly as they will think they are playing their class wrong instead of knowing they face pure superpowered classes.

If healers have the choice to go decent dmg and have unstoppable heals then how is that fair or even remotely balanced? If those rogues locks hunts and warriors cant heal and have to just damage/cc/w/e then atleast take away healers dmg as in some cases the healers dmg out dmgs the dps dmg ON TOP OF the healers actual heals.
Thought this quote went along with what you said fran

End game PvP is dominated by Disc Priests and Holy Paladins because they can do massive damage and healing.
Lol,

no.

Penance does need a nerf at low levels, and since the holy shock nerf it's the only spell that does "massive damage," but if 6k damage ticks at 85 are massive to you then idk what to say :S

Last edited:
I was oh so looking forward to playing my boomkin. I played a few games then re-specced to resto for hit cap and survivability against everything.

Got on warrior. Played a game, re-specced to prot, played a game, got off and don't intend to get back on.

I simply refuse to play my enh shaman when i do 600 NON CRIT healing surges and 250 lava lash CRITS. That's dumb.

I hate how fury lost piercing howl and enh lost earthbind totem.

dmg is reduced by 40%. Heals aren't reduced at all. Y U BE STUPID BLIZZ? What did they think would happen?

sorry bro rogues are still viable and can crit upwards to 1000 evisicrate(the f2p ones)
holy paladins are very viable
priests of any form are viable
druids are very viable and can crit for 1000 too.

but yeh i feel ur pain.Shaman..like we were never really anything special, nobody ever complained about us (unlike priests and hpals) and thenwe recieve a ton of nerfs. We lost all our kiteablitlity, our earth shield, totems,BUT WHY DID EVERY OTHER HEALER GET A BUFF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was oh so looking forward to playing my boomkin. I played a few games then re-specced to resto for hit cap and survivability against everything.

Got on warrior. Played a game, re-specced to prot, played a game, got off and don't intend to get back on.

I simply refuse to play my enh shaman when i do 600 NON CRIT healing surges and 250 lava lash CRITS. That's dumb.

I hate how fury lost piercing howl and enh lost earthbind totem.

dmg is reduced by 40%. Heals aren't reduced at all. Y U BE STUPID BLIZZ? What did they think would happen?

Heals are nerfed in battlegrounds, Healing Surge will prob still be higher than Lava Lash, but you wont be hitting 600 without a crit.

but yeh i feel ur pain.Shaman..like we were never really anything special, nobody ever complained about us (unlike priests and hpals) and thenwe recieve a ton of nerfs. We lost all our kiteablitlity, our earth shield, totems,BUT WHY DID EVERY OTHER HEALER GET A BUFF.
Ghost wolf may not have the snare reduction anymore, but it's instant cast. The only classes that have a slow in this game are mages (dispellable btw), riptide>>>>>>>>>>>earth shield, the totems aren't a big issue. EVERY HEALER GOT BUFFED, INCLUDING SHAMANS. Get over it, and stop complaining about your class just because you don't like the changes.

Ghost wolf may not have the snare reduction anymore, but it's instant cast. The only classes that have a slow in this game are mages (dispellable btw), riptide>>>>>>>>>>>earth shield, the totems aren't a big issue. EVERY HEALER GOT BUFFED, INCLUDING SHAMANS. Get over it, and stop complaining about your class just because you don't like the changes.

yeah but ghost wolf is dispelable while druid form isnt. Sure i got to keep my wind shear which is 12 second cd instead of 15 and purge
And heals, paladins can have more spellpower, only ones to keep TWO insta cast heals,are faster, and can dispel too. Sure they dont have wind shear but hammer of skill 1 minute CD.Whats the point of playing shaman when i can be a paladin
priests just a ton of control, same old pw shield spam
druids got massively buffed, kiting, moar heals, 161%speed, all kinds of BS like charging on poison extraction totems/stone statues/ vanishes,ton of survivability

In short from having a unique toolkit compared to other healers ive been reduced and netuered to being THE most useless healer in a bg

Last edited by a moderator:

Well if you're going to be like that we may as well say

EVERY CLASS GOT BUFFED, INCLUDING EVERY OTHER CLASS.

what's that? your class lost W, X, and Y? Well look, now you have this Z! It's a BUFF! GET OVER IT!

Sure, it's great that shamans finally get an instant speed heal. I think it's absolutely brilliant that they take away their earth shield that set them apart from other healers in the bracket and gave them a strictly inferior version of what hpals have. And then sure, it's totally cool that they gave shams an instant speed wolf so we have a chance to keep up with the speed buffed hpals, sure... never mind that the wolf was stronger before, that's cool. Oh sweet talents, some extra damage mitigation and ohwtf we can't purge paladin bubbles anymore? Well at least we still have the best mana longevity in the bracket.. oh no nvm everyone has infinite mana.

When everyone gets buffed you have to look at how each class got buffed relative to another. When your class gets some cool minor buffs but gets completely overshadowed by other classes and loses half the utilities it had that made it work differently, is that really a buff? Resto shamans have every right to be bitter about the changes.

lol shaman heals have the highest utility . if u think otherwise u dont know how to play your sham.

Shaman heals have high utility, yes. Purge and windshear are great, don't get me wrong, but the amount of utility they had before with totems and earth shield was way higher, and let's not forget that Priests have 3 very high utility options for their tier 1 talent. Priest utility is at least on par with resto shaman and if you don't see that you're just kidding yourself.

I do fine on my shaman but I don't know why people are complaining about the "rogue nerf" when It's a buff in my opinion. I just got 2 shot by a rogue who hit a 1.2k Elvis.

Shaman heals have high utility, yes. Purge and windshear are great, don't get me wrong, but the amount of utility they had before with totems and earth shield was way higher, and let's not forget that Priests have 3 very high utility options for their tier 1 talent. Priest utility is at least on par with resto shaman and if you don't see that you're just kidding yourself.

Not every healers can be priests, not every dps can be rogues&Spriests.

Users who are viewing this thread